It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just how disappointing is Obama first term to you?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
During the 2007/08 election cycle like the 2012 election cycle I was pulling for Ron Paul, but when he lost I couldn't see McCain doing a good job, McCain was speaking in terms that seemed insane like being in Iraq basically for the rest of my lifetime like we are in Germany and Japan and South Korea. And his bomb bomb bomb song was really scary.

So I began to listen to Obama speeches and I thought if he follows through on his desire for peace this will be really good, so I hoped he would get in over McCain, who seemed to be a real war monger.

Yet Obama first term has done nothing to help, like he said he would, Osama is dead, the war on terror should just be ended by Obama but he hasn't even taken that opportunity, why in the world are Americans still dying in Afghanistan under an Obama presidency?

For all his rhetoric during the 2008 campaign he has done not so great and is a huge disappointment to me, and I know other ATS member here feel this way as well.
So do I think Mitt Romney could do better?
Absolutely not, that flip flopping opportunist thinks corporations are people, and he feels he has to check with lawyers before he makes choices, when he could just look at the Constitution for the answer.

I am afraid the 2012 election cycle will be Lame Duck 1 VS. Flip Flopper 1
What an utter disappointment for the American people in 2012.

edit on 24-5-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I was promised hope and I was given hype.
I thought I had voted for an american citizen but voted for a foreigner.
I was fooled once,I won't be fooled twice into voting for him.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Isn't that comedian running for democratic office or something?
I'd laugh if people actually finally REALIZED the fact that their choices are between Scylla and Charybdis, and just vote the comedian into office because they're that desparate.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I can't sum it up in too many words, but expressions.....

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I don't have the words to express my disappointment. I guess I was naive. But on the bright side, it really woke me up to the real state of politics. I used to despise politics and pay no attention because I just thought they were all liars and corrupt... well now I KNOW they are. But now I also realize that 'they' don't want people to pay attention, so now I have to keep up to date. Unfortunately, I voted for Obama and it was the first time I ever voted. So yes, disappointed ... my avatar says it all.

No specifics... just a full spectrum disappointment. 100%. Everything about the man is a downer

Ron Paul 2012 and beyond!!!
edit on 24-5-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I"m disappointed with the republican senate,not Obama.

link   

Did you really expect him to achieve everything he promised in his first term? Especially in light of the GOP/TP obstructionists currently in Congress? You do know that it now takes a "super majority" to get anything passed in the Senate, do you not? I would just imagine that it's quite difficult to get anything of substance through a Congress where the "minority" rules the day.

While I too am somewhat disappointed by the President's inability to achieve his goals, I don't place all the blame on him. Furthermore, I'm confident that once re-elected, President Obama will be much more successful in achieving these goals as a lame duck POTUS.

Needless to say, despite the fact that I have some disappointments, I will be casting my vote for President Obama come November.

link   
I appreciate the honest comments coming in.

Is there anything specific that really disappoints you, something more than a basic generic disappointment.

For me it is Obama just basically carrying over the the Bush foreign policy, wasn't that the change many were voting for?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
I appreciate the honest comments coming in.

Is there anything specific that really disappoints you, something more than a basic generic disappointment.

For me it is Obama just basically carrying over the the Bush foreign policy, wasn't that the change many were voting for?

I'd like to see the abolishment of the Patriot Act. I would like to have seen GITMO closed and those responsible for instituting torture be brought to justice. I would very much like to see us withdraw from Afghanistan but I'm sure that it's much easier said than done. I would like to see those Wall St. bankers who were responsible for the economic collapse prosecuted as well. I would like to see more infrastructure spending on things like high speed rail and clean energy.

But then you know what they say; "wish in one hand and piss in the other, then see which one fills up first."

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Just how disappointing is Obama first term to you

It's not 'disappointing'. It's pretty much what I thought it would be. Corrupt. Lies. Broken promises. You know .. the usual. What is disappointing is that many people who fell for the 'yes we can' rhetoric the first time around are going to vote for this guy again. THAT is what is disappointing.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I hear you, but if a person wants to vote look at the choice they will have, Mitt doesn't exactly excite all that many people, his rallies are pathetic.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
He lost me at the oil spill. It just underscored that all politicians at that level work for corporations.

Really, hardly anyone has done more to rid me of my idealism than Obama.

I'll still vote, just a third party ticket in protest. And don't bother telling me it's a wasted vote. It's a statement, as pretty much all votes are wasted.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

There you go.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Terrible, worst president ever.

I never had high expectations
but this guy takes fake and moronic
to a whole other level.

Ask anyone around you, no one is doing
better now, they are doing worse.

This guy doesn't deserve another 4 years,
he has had 4 years of screwing it up already.
edit on 24-5-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

This term has been a hoot.

I've gotten to see liberals promote war, promote armed drones over american cities, promote hatred of the wealthy, promote hatred of caucasians, promote the destruction of religion, and promote the loss of freedom.

The past 4 years have been amusing. ;D

edit on 24-5-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I still say FDR was the worst because his welfare etc are still killing our country......but O is trying like heck to be the next FDR......he really sucks!!!!!!!

He should have stuck with his day job of corrupting young minds at the college level.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Mods you made one thread about Zimmerman and Martin. Why not make one for the Obama hate threads.

They add nothing new and have the same old whiners and complainers.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by LastProphet527

There you go.

When was the last time the Republicans had control of any Senate committees ?

I know about all the filibusters, but which filibusters (that "stopped" legislation) would have been positive for the majority of American citizens if passed as submitted by Democrats ?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Even though Obama sold the "Yes we can" slogan, I ALWAYS knew that it would take years, even a couple of terms, to fix the economy.

People need to be honest with themselves and admit that the "Yes we can" was a sell slogan. In reality, the economy was always more screwed up than anyone could have fixed in 1 term. Bush and Clinton really did not do their homework while in office and Obama was left holding the bag.

Listen people, it didn't matter if Ron Paul or Jesus Christ (for those who believe) won the election back in 2008, the economy and the state of the country would pretty much be the same as it is today. So, I repeat, his slogan was just a sell to get him in office. Heck, they all need a slogan to get them elected. I am not mad at him for this. You all need to admit you bought into the hype a little teeny bit too much.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
oh please, please.....can't we have even more of these threads??...don't you guys have some workers to fire or houses to foreclose on?....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join