It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just how disappointing is Obama first term to you?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm disappointed that He and Congress has been "Binge Spending" all the money.

Every last nickel and then some.

Obama has flattened spending because they are topping out to the MAX !!

Notice the wider gaps (deficits) and big jumps in spending (outlays are spending) starting in 2009
(Obama and 111th & 112th Congresses)

Somebody should do a percentage of Receipts/Outlays chart.

Year ----- Receipts ------ Outlays ----- Surplus or -Deficit

2006 ......2,406,869 .......2,655,050 ...-248,181

2007 ......2,567,985 .......2,728,686 ...-160,701

2008 ......2,523,991 .......2,982,544 ...-458,553

2009 ......2,104,989 .......3,517,677 ...-1,412,688

2010 ......2,162,724 .......3,456,213 ...-1,293,489

2011 ......2,173,700 .......3,818,819 ...-1,645,119

2012 ......2,627,449 .......3,728,686 ...-1,101,237

(numbers in millions)
(2011 and 2012 are estimates)

Vote Obama !!!
Vote Thrift !!!

(see pages 23 & 24 in the pdf)
-->from the White House

[url=http://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/spending_chart_2002_2012USr_12s1li111mcn_F0f]Total Federal Spending Tick Tick Tick

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The biggest disappointment to me is that this term proved to me, once and for all, that the president is impotent. It proved that this country has sold out to partisan politics so hard that it is more about party lines than it is about fixing this country.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
The biggest disappointment to me is that this term proved to me, once and for all, that the president is impotent. It proved that this country has sold out to partisan politics so hard that it is more about party lines than it is about fixing this country.

America is an "Enterprise" which a war on board has broken out between two factions that want to take full command and control the ship.

Start with mercantilism pre American Revolution. Even then it was about command and control the ship of a ship, called the American British Colonies. The civil war was really about cotton producers being able to mill their own cotton and reaping the economic benefits from it. Today these wars are fought in the political and media arena and instead of conquering and occupying land it is about conquering and occupying the hearts and minds of voters. The prime objective is the same, take command and control the the Enterprise to make as much money as possible.

One is cap and trade the other is the oil production and its trade on the open market. Both want to seize control of central banking and its money system that is in representation oil wealth, its physical manifestations, its many forms in actuality. That would be high end stuff, and trophy wives and mistresses, extravagantly wealthy lifestyle, achieved through the means of negative liberty. THIS> en.wikipedia.org...

You see your avatar? What do you think that was made for? To protect the Enterprise not positive liberty en.wikipedia.org... which is a lie that is taught to little children in school.

This is simply all about obtaining, money, for the top few, not protecting what is called, freedom, for the masses and which side has the best way to enhance it.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

You see your avatar? What do you think that was made for? To protect the Enterprise not positive liberty en.wikipedia.org... which is a lie that is taught to little children in school.

This is simply all about obtaining, money, for the top few, not protecting what is called, freedom, for the masses and which side has the best way to enhance it.

You are too right. Thing is, for the record, my avatar is ironic.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I feel due to the odds against him upon entering the office he has played the political game well. there are numbers within the NASDAQ that if they drop so low it signals recession periods (PERIODS WHERE BIG BUSS. COMPANIES WHO PROVIDE JOBS DON'T WISH TO MAKE NEW JOBS BECAUSE THE BIG BUSS. MONEY OR NASDAQ MONEY IS MOVING SLOW MAKING JOBS CREATIONS COUNTER PRODUCTIVE) he entered office when those numbers where beginning to drop and still took on the task that many REALLY didn't want to BUT WERE FIGHTING FOR FOR WHATEVER REASON. So due to all the odds again that were against him and the current numbers that govern the numbers political game being up, I cannot say I am disappointed that much more then I could be with any other political leader/dictator/overseer in command of land mass territories as of now or previous. They (he) is a politician now so is behaving as one. I wont go into bashing any previous pres. influences that may have played against the Americanaz people as well but for Obama to take the risk 1 has to respect especially if in his heart zone compassion exist to help the people under his command.

I think some people expected miracles from him due to his hue/man relations and since he didn't make miracles happen to or for them they are hating him from their direction and others are hating him for similar reasons yet from opposite side of the same spectrum THE IRONY. So to Obama or whoever is next to command EA*RTH land mass Americanaz zone, I hope they set good examples for others in similar commands to follow since Americanaz seems to maintain the HEAD or arrow tip influences of EA*

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

You are too right. Thing is, for the record, my avatar is ironic.

Oh I get it now reading through some of your posts. You have a mind for irony, its brilliant. You know that gets you on my friends list.

edit on 25-5-2012 by LilDudeissocool because:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I agree, people are too caught up in the fake division of left and right... but in the case of Obama, they were lied to with a straight face, in that situation, people just didn't do their homework to find out the facts, and the facts were all there for anyone willing to look.

I remember a few specifics he lied about: He was running on the premise that he would make the government more transparent and more accountable, but since he gained office, the government has become even more secretive and even less accountable... another thing was that he claimed that he did not believe people should be criminally prosecuted for minor drug offenses, but he has done nothing to stop the FDA from waging their war against the people with their draconian drug regulations... then he also had the nerve to say that he was for holding perpetrators of financial fraud accountable, but then he turns around and gives the bank, FED and corporate fraudsters a free pass while going after the populace for minor fraud offenses... You cannot pick and choose who you punish and who you protect...

And this guy was supposed to be a constitutional lawyer?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
He turned out to be the change that I can believe in.

He changed electronic surveillance to full spectrum dominance.

He changed a struggling economy to a totally uncertain one.

He changed Libya from a prospering independent country, to one of scorched toddler corpses with an al CIAda flag hoisted above.

He changed needy international mega banks to bailed out happy international mega banks. (Or Rothchild banks.)

He changed a hopefull Iran to an Iran that is at DEFCON one, just in case.

He changed his hair in back, so that there were a bunch of, what looked like surgical scars.

He changed my somewhat-optimism, to outright anxiety.

He changed my ability to enjoy music, I just can't get into it much anymore.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by theMat

Just like I have been saying since 2007 to people around me unwilling to listen....he is a LIAR...he became a constitutional "scholar" to learn it's weaknesses not to protect it....it's the old "know your enemy".

He's just a charming snake oil salesman and I don't even get the charming part....he's just creepy.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Not disappointing at all after all what did people expect?

Garbage in Garbage out and that is exactly what Americans have gotten.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Some posters were/are very realistic at ATS, obviously some people didn't vote for him so there disappointment is minimized.

I would like to hear from ATS members who voted for Obama because they bought into the
"Hope" and "Yes We Can" mantra in 2008. He even won the noble peace prize.
I have to say I am disappointed he never used the huge political capital he picked on that, to make the world a more peaceful place by pulling back American imperialism. What huge waste of an opportunity.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Obama is the worst President this country has ever had. How do you think we feel? The man should be impeached.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Not the first time I 'clocked out', as in got the timing wrong. Who knows, maybe I'll look back at my previous post here and someday and it'll be correct. For now, though, I don't want to leave a mistaken impression, so I think I should mention how I disagree with one using their racial lineage abusively. Elvis was the king of rock, but there was another king, Martin Luther King. Freedom and slavery are quite contrast, and using your own racial lineage family for personal gain seems more along the lines of slavery to me.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join