It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fundamentalist Christianity: a mind control CULT?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by network dude

Christianity is a matter of two perspectives: those who created it, and those who follow it.

Those who created it, did so on one premise: erring on the side of caution. Keep mankind from destroying itself...because in those days, a papercut was a death sentence.

Those who follow it, do so because they want safety and surety. They want control, and yet are afraid of it...so they give control to a being whose very nature is so mysterious that controlling it is a matter of how you look at it.

It may be a cult, but it started out with good intentions. But there's always the problem of creating an illusion so complete that the people who inherit the design have forgotten its original purpose...
edit on 25-5-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Actually, very well put! Thank you for breaking it down from this viewpoint.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
from wiki answers

Cults can occur inside of and outside a 'mainstream' religion (here I take it that the question is referring to the classical 'cults' whereby strong leaders have control over members of their group, rather than alternative definitions such as 'personality cults', or 'cults of devotion').

Three ideas seem essential to the concept of a cult.

1. Thinking in terms of us versus them with total alienation from "them."
2. The intense, though often subtle, indoctrination techniques used to recruit and hold members.
3. The charismatic cult leader. Cultism usually involves some sort of belief that outside the cult all is evil and threatening; inside the cult is the special path to salvation through the cult leader and his teachings.

The indoctrination techniques include:

Subjection to stress and fatigue;
Social disruption, isolation and pressure;
Self criticism and humiliation;
Fear, anxiety, and paranoia;
Control of information;
Escalating commitment;
Use of auto-hypnosis to induce "peak" experiences

Cults are absent of the betterment of the individual person but rather than leader only. Cults try to subvert the human will with total and complete obedience to the leader of a group or sect

Arguably, the difference between a cult and a religion is numbers.
Several levels of indoctrination exists within a religion though...which is why subsects and micro-sects are initiated within the mainstream religion to create pockets of full indoctrination within the entity.

Indoctrination happens almost since birth.

The reapers are the real threat!
I blame Harbinger.

Wow, that pretty well sums up my opinion of the "fundamentalist evangelical christian church" (as opposed to actual Christians). Amazing.
Seriously, look at the bible thumpers out there, the tv evangilists, the evergrowing local groups (loosely referred to as churches) all the loud, rude and obnoxious people donning the airwaves. It may have large numbers, but every other part of the movement fits this definition through and through!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Those people aren't christians. they're just people who say they're christians to get a lot of money.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove

Those people aren't christians. they're just people who say they're christians to get a lot of money.

And to condemn others and force their opinions down everyone's throat "in the name of God" even though God disagrees with them too

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl
I have no idea why the changes in my words were necessarily and really don't see what freemasonry has to do with this topic. I was responding to the OP and not any issue of freemasonry that was brought up.
Yes, but the OP is a Freemason, and Masons are constantly called a cult (and worse) by people who know nothing about it. Your argument to him is the same he would make to others who would attack him.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

I have no idea why the changes in my words were necessarily and really don't see what freemasonry has to do with this topic. I was responding to the OP and not any issue of freemasonry that was brought up.
Yes, but the OP is a Freemason, and Masons are constantly called a cult (and worse) by people who know nothing about it. Your argument to him is the same he would make to others who would attack him.

Now you know the point of this thread. Someone got a little butt hurt so they went for "revenge".

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Now you know the point of this thread. Someone got a little butt hurt so they went for "revenge".

Or, perhaps, he had a valid question based on personal experience.
Far out, I know, but it does happen.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

Or, perhaps, he had a valid question based on personal experience.
Far out, I know, but it does happen.

You guys must be paid to lie for each other. Oh wait it's the other way around haha.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You guys must be paid to lie for each other. Oh wait it's the other way around haha.

You guys?
Who are you referring to?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Look, saying that Christianity is a cult and implying one should stay away from it, is as stupid as saying Rock n' Roll is Satanic or beer is evil. Get my point?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceNLove123

Look, saying that Christianity is a cult and implying one should stay away from it, is as stupid as saying Rock n' Roll is Satanic or beer is evil. Get my point?

Hi PeaceNLove123. Love your thoughts on this!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Who's forcing anything down your throat, you have the right to receive any kind of information or not. Just because bleeding heart atheists that refuse to repent (Watch out I used Bible words!) and look to God instead of themselves they are unable to come to know God or the reason for the creation's existence. They turn the the science of man which is far more controlled than any REAL fundamentalist church.

If you were to seek the truth will all your heart, you really will find it I promise that.

Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Arguably, the difference between a cult and a religion is numbers.

I used to believe that way until I spent literally thousands of hours over a period of 6 months researching recently. Now I am convinced that they are all one and the same. Everything I studied pointed towards a correlation between all religions and cults which convinced me that all pagan religions are controlled by Satan. All religions are subsets of one big super-religion. It's the perfect cover if you think about it. Everyone should realize that ALL religions have been infiltrated by a hidden ORGANIZATION with satanic objectives.

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control. The indoctrination of the masses by a "Trojan Horse" false religion has allowed the Illuminati to take control and work in secret for many, many years." Link

Satan's most effective method of seducing men and women to yield to his control over them is via a religious system. Link

"Organized religion is THE deception that keeps us in fear of God and rejecting his grace. Religion keeps you from knowing God and keeps you blind as to what God is really like! Sadly, some confuse religion with Jesus, and walk away from them both, God and religion are separate entities that get intertwined together by man. ALL pagan religions are controlled by Satan! The elite created religion as a tool for control with a hidden agenda that aims to blind and misguide you away from the truth."

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda. They maintain the climate of unquestioning, unthinking, ignorance, and their pseudo-morality provides a veil of hypocrisy, behind which the most sickening abuse of children can be hidden." Link

edit on 25-5-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Nope, I really do have family. No really. And had an Aunt and Uncle who did this. They are cool now, but when I was about 10 this all happened. It lasted for about 5 years. They are cool now as in they aren't part of the same church anymore. Amazingly enough, now they don't make snap judgments about others without knowing their situation. But thanks for believing in me.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

I think the OP was going more for mockery than revenge.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You are the one talking about magic...

What you consider magic, Freemasons consider natural science, an art that was designed for our use. Unfortunately, we have forgotten how to connect to the cosmic energies...

Now, we prefer to rely on a higher being to use those energies instead. We love being the slaves, because everything is taken care of for us. All we have to do is worship, and we've proven ourselves more than adept at that.

All you want is for us to kiss your butt? Sure thing!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

I think the OP was going more for mockery than revenge.

You had better send him the memo again. He's still trying to keep up the lie.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Nope, I really do have family. No really. And had an Aunt and Uncle who did this. They are cool now, but when I was about 10 this all happened. It lasted for about 5 years. They are cool now as in they aren't part of the same church anymore. Amazingly enough, now they don't make snap judgments about others without knowing their situation. But thanks for believing in me.
'

This guy think he's god and wants people to believe in him.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Thinking someone is "God" is no worse than thinking you understand any "god"...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

My immediate family regularly attends an evangelical church. Every Sunday and Wednesday. Well, I don't live in the same state anymore, so I'm not sure if they go Wednesdays. I know over the years, they slowwwwwly started being "normal" as you say. But I was born into their cult-religion and was a part of it myself until I became an adult, joined the military and was exposed to alternative ways of thinking (i.e. logic). In my early life, wearing shorts was a sin, beards were a sin (wtf, the bible specifically says NOT to shave your beard), television and movies were a sin, going to the movies was a super bad sin, drinking alcohol and smoking anything were sins, cussing was a sin, women couldn't cut their hair or wear anything but dresses and long sleeved tops.

Now, they wear shorts, my mother and sister wear pants sometimes, my dad has a full beard lol, they have cable TV, loads of movies + netflix, they go to the movies, still don't drink or smoke, but that's just a good thing regardless of your religion, and neither my mom nor sister has cut their hair at all. Also they cuss sometimes lol... So it's only taken over 2 decades, but my family is finally closer to normal and honestly, a lot of fun to hang out with occasionally.

Having attended their church services 3 times a week for the first 18 years of my life every single week, I can say that the preachers/evangelists/ministers do utilize strong crowd influence tactics to get people into a sort of zombie-crowd mindset. It's frightening when you observe from the outside...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join