It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fundamentalist Christianity: a mind control CULT?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

Ever heard of crowd control? It's an art utilized by the military using NLP...Neuro Linguistic Programming. If you looked up Derren Brown on Youtube, he can show you wall sorts of examples.

These people have been trained with it for their whole lives...it's no wonder they're zombies now. They couldn't wake up if they wanted to.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Yeah I've watched all of Darren Brown's videos. To the point where my brother and I say "That guy got 'darren brown'ed." when somebody gets majorly tricked lol. The higher ups in fundamentalist christian organizations are quite familiar with such things. And if you try to talk to them about it, they say that it is "witchcraft" to try and steer you away from researching it, because they know they're deploying it themselves... creepy.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

I daresay you don't know as much about the Church's agenda (or former agenda) as you think you do...

I'd love to explain it to you sometime.
It goes along the lines of "the road to hell is paved with good intentions..."

The government and Church are more intertwined than anyone realizes.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I guess I don't.

But I used to know a guy who was convicted of statutory rape. Well, he attended the church I used to attend. The pastor of said church was good friends with many important people in the state (local mayors, sheriffs, the governor of the state and his staff). Well, the guy who was convicted was going to be transferred from the county jail to the state prison to serve his sentence... Next thing we knew, the guy was free. He never went to prison. Somebody asked what happened, and he accidentally spilled the beans that the pastor of the church made some calls and got him exonerated. Justice...

I remember the governor attending the church's 20 year anniversary when I was a teenager. Also, when the new governor was elected a few years ago, that same pastor did the opening prayer and said a speech. So I do believe you that churches have big connections in government.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire

I guess I don't.

I didn't either until recently until I started reading about religion being completely infiltrated and used as a mind control tool which really opened my eyes up to reality...

@AfterInfinity: curious about your take on this subject as well.

"Some of the most famous church "leaders" and evangelists on the planet are Illuminati operatives who use religion to manipulate and brain-wash their followers while engaging in Satanic rituals that beggar belief."

"But the mass of unthinking followers in any religion are merely the fodder and the screen behind which the real business goes on." Link

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control. The indoctrination of the masses by a "Trojan Horse" false religion has allowed the Illuminati to take control and work in secret for many, many years." Link

BTW: the author of the first quote is David Icke who claims Jesus and God are myths, I recommend NOT reading his material for that reason.

edit on 25-5-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceNLove123
reply to post by network dude

Look, saying that Christianity is a cult and implying one should stay away from it, is as stupid as saying Rock n' Roll is Satanic or beer is evil. Get my point?

Nobody said Christianity was a cult, we're saying those ultra-right-wing, fundamentalist, evangelical, bible thumping, racist, homophobic, bigots are a cult, there's a BIG difference even if THEY won't admit it

...well, ok, some of the posters may have said Christianity was, but I'm saying what I posted right there above this edit line

edit on 25-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Who's forcing anything down your throat, you have the right to receive any kind of information or not. Just because bleeding heart atheists that refuse to repent (Watch out I used Bible words!) and look to God instead of themselves they are unable to come to know God or the reason for the creation's existence. They turn the the science of man which is far more controlled than any REAL fundamentalist church.

If you were to seek the truth will all your heart, you really will find it I promise that.

Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread?

I'm not an athiest, I'm an actual Christian, not a fundamentalist, evangelical, bigoted, homophobic bible thumping cult member, there's a big difference

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

You are wrong on all points.God does not willfully cause harm to come to men:

For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men. LAMENTATIONS 3:33

The death penalties no longer apply with the coming of Christ:

"For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace." Romans 6:14.

As far as the blemished sheep, its the negation of sin through the death of Christ that is the foundation of Christianity.

Any Christian church that says its ok to hate, to kill, or to not have compassion for the poor, is NOT Christian. Thats not my opinion, thats the word of God.

As far as our "enemies" getting the jump on us:

You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you Mathew 5:43.

u

edit on 25-5-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl
This is one of those topics I see brought up every so often, and it never ceases to amaze me. Especially since I have firsthand experience living in conditions some may call "cultish," they couldn't be more wrong.

Most of my life I have been an atheist, and a staunch one. I was brought up in the Catholic church and split from it at a very young age. Later in life, I found myself homeless and two married pastors took me into their group home. I lived with 12 other woman, and although most of our daily activities revolved around Christian activities we were never forced or coerced to participate in any way. Nobody treated me any differently for not believing what they did, even though I often voiced my opinions. I did learn some things and start reading the Bible strictly from an academic perspective. I could not deny that I saw subtle changes in myself and the woman I lived with, and I really did never know a more loving group of people. My pastors could never be called "charismatic leaders," in ANY sense. They were in many ways quite the opposite.

I find it very funny that people looking from the outside can easily call Christianity a cult even though they have little to no knowledge of how most churches are. You have every right to have an opinion against the church, but defamation of that nature really isn't necessary.

fundamentalist Christianity is a specific form of Christianity so it is likely that those you knew were something else?

Fundamentalists believe there are no errors in the bible at all.

People are pointing out the stark differences between OT God and NT God.. because there ARE stark differences, yet fundamentalists seem to believe the whole thing is without error or contradiction... this suggesting they have either not read it, are of a split mind.. or really just use it as a front to control people.... hence the mind control question. Since they are so tight nit with zionists, it makes you wonder... because if the OT is thought to be without error by Judaism, then it suggests that it was a similar influence that drives Zionists way way back in the roman Empire who edited the new testament and explains why many books were taken out... but they still used it as Christianity had become popular and actually supports Islam. This creates a problem for them since most tend to think of OT God as a tyrant. Some believe he was not a God at all but a more evolved being who had some good points but was very violent and jealous. then comes in Jesus who DID influence more commandment as seen in John (which Islam calls this making new sharia or law) and is a much more loving being, who some also think was a more evolved being... a Islam describes him as the prophet and messenger of God right before Muhammad. that is how much Jesus is revered. One person in this thread claims that Jesus is Lucifer who is mentioned in OT as an ancient Babylonian king that the OT God wasn't fond of and this title is mentioned again in NT when Jesus comes back and tells everyone who he is... the bright morning star. A reincarnation of an ancient king humbled into the form of the Christ- evolved? A roman edit to fit in with the Zionist agenda and the breaking down of Christianity and Islam? Who knows? ... people don't seem to be able to explain that very well... which is why CF seem pretty crazy because it's hard to say that both books are true... or that they are liars and are actually just Zionists POSING as Christians.

maybe somebody can shed some light on this further.

i tend to believe the teachings of Christ are far superior in morality and consistency than what can be extracted from OT... although I understand that it had it's place... but then again, so do other religions. It is NOT possible for all people of the world to be taught that dogma, so how could it be that what they use to teach morality is automatically wrong? Christ would take this into consideration whereas Fundamentalist say followers of other religions are doomed to burn in hell... as do many Muslims. Not saying everything in Islam is wrong, some of it seems quite good but even they bow to Mecca when idolatry is a HUGE sin. perhaps they have been lied to and are somehow made to believe God is or will be inside of that building... I don't know. one family has the keys since Muhammad supposedly gave it to them.

the whole thing seems very suspicious, doesn't it?

edit on 25-5-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I had to go back and fix many typos that i found made sentences sound like they meant something completely different... sorry for any confusion.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Christianity is not a cult. It is the awakening of the mind to truth.

edit on 24-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

Wow, I laughed hard at this one. You have no idea what truth is, Christianity is absolutely not truth. Christianity is a cult. It is the closing of the mind from truth.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadioactiveRob
You have no idea what truth is, Christianity is absolutely not truth...

You have no idea what true Christianity is. You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated organized religion.

"Organized religion is THE deception that keeps us in fear of God and rejecting his grace. Religion keeps you from knowing God and keeps you blind as to what God is really like! Sadly, some confuse religion with Jesus, and walk away from them both, God and religion are separate entities that get intertwined together by man. ALL pagan religions are controlled by Satan! The elite created religion as a tool for control with a hidden agenda that aims to blind and misguide you away from the truth."

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadioactiveRob

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Christianity is not a cult. It is the awakening of the mind to truth.

edit on 24-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

Wow, I laughed hard at this one. You have no idea what truth is, Christianity is absolutely not truth. Christianity is a cult. It is the closing of the mind from truth.

could you be more specific by saying whether you think the words of Christ are a lie or that the church that people constructed for whatever various reason is a lie.

I'm just curious... no other reason.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Meh, there's tens of thousands of Messianic jews who would gladly take you up on that offer. But i will leave you with this.

Isaiah 53

Zechariah 12

Disclaimer: I do know this is way off-topic, but I did try and respond to this poster in his own thread, and he ignored me, so I do want to answer him here. I promise I'll be quick

Isaiah 53 and Zechariah 12:

The word is hikifuni - it does not mean pierced, nowhere in any of the scriptures does this word mean pierced. The correct translation would be bound. Bound, not pierced.

According to prophesy:

The Immanuel is prophesied to return the jews to israel and rebuild the temple. During and after Yehoshua, none of this occured. In fact, after Yehoshua, the temple was destroyed and the jews were scattered across the world.

The Immanuel is a king. By Judaic tradition, a king must be anointed king by a prophet. Yehoshua was not.

The Immanuel is declared to be a sinner, who will offer the fat and blood of a slain bull in order to atone. Ezekiel was quite clear on this.

Ez 45:17-46:4

It shall be the prince's duty to furnish the burnt offerings, cereal offerings, and drink offerings, at the feasts...he shall provide the sin offerings...to make atonement for the house of Israel...the priest shall take some of the blood of the sin offering...the prince shall provide for himself and all the people of the land a young bull; for a sin offering...the priests shall offer his [the prince's] peace offering...The burnt offerings that the prince offers to the Lord..."

There are no Jewish propheices concerning a suffering and dying Messiah. In fact, to suffer and die was seen by jews as a sign of god's dislike and hatred.

Moses himself stated it quite clearly in Deuteronomy 13:1-5

If a prophet arises among you, or a dreamer of dreams, and gives you a sign or wonder, and the sign or wonder which he tells you comes to pass, and if he says "Let us go after other gods which you have not known, and let us serve them," you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or to that dreamer of dreams; for the Lord your God is testing you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear him, and keep his commandments and obey his voice...that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall put to death, because he has taught rebellion against the Lord your God

As Yehoshua said, they had not known him, or his Father before.

Now, the genealogy?

Matthew and Luke cannot seem to agree on this lineage, to start with. Secondly, he must be a member of the tribe of Judah, a direct descendent of David. There's a problem.

If we believe in the virgin birth, then Mary's genealogy is irrelevent, since one inherits being Jewish from the mother, and the tribe from the father. And, even if it was relevent, Mary was descended through Nathan, not Solomon. This disqualifies it as fulfilling prophecy.

If we don't believe in the virgin birth, and we assume Joseph is the real father, then because Joseph was descended from Jeconiah, his entire line was cursed never to be kings again, and the Immanuel must be a king.

So, looking further, through the requirements laid out in Chronicles, Isaiah, Micah, Zephaniah and Ezekiel, Yehoshua did not fulfill any of the prophecy.

He did not gather all jews to israel, rebuild the temple, bring world peace and make sure everyone in the whole world woships Yahweh.

The idea that he will accomplish this and fulfill prophecy in His second coming has no scriptural basis, since the jews do not have the concept of a second coming.

What He did do was come, as another god, to bring His own light. He is not Yahweh. He is "Lucifer".

I guess he's just never going to answer me.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
anyone who has had a family member convert to Born again fundamentalism has possibly seen these changes in their loved one.........

I consider myself to be a Christian and have no hatred towards these people,but I am sad at the years I missed while casually avoiding these members of the family.

More sect battles, holy wars. Try being a secular humanist for a while. You'll see how you've been changed by religion too. You can't live on wishful thinking and stay sane.

edit on 25-5-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident
Try being a secular humanist for a while...

Been down that road... a dead end for me personally, just like false religion in my eyes...

Religion can be the greatest enemy of God, because it is Satan's greatest deception. Whether it worships in all the beauty of an outward show, like Joel Osteen, Rick Warren, or Robert Schuller, or in the inner sanctum of the soul, like the desert fathers, it makes no difference, it is all the same deception. Aren't we all aware by now how sublime thoughts of philosophy, poetry, music, art, and the stage go hand-in-hand with moral degeneracy and perversion? How very close to the truth all of this seems to come, but, ultimately reveals its roots in deception.

As a consequence we have all the wide variations of religion and the never-ending search for the truth about God and this thing that drives us. It is like taking all the fake gems of the world and putting them in a big fish bowl along with one authentic precious gem and trying to pick out the real one. It would be impossible, unless you had knowledge of gems, help from someone who knows gems, or inside information on what to look for. LINK

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

Hey, he's dealt with fundamentalist a******s within his own family as I have.

This thread is not about Christianity, it's about the fundamentalists that plague the religion. If you're getting upset about it then it must have struck a nerve as it must apply to you.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Try being a secular humanist for a while...

Been down that road... a dead end for me personally, just like false religion in my eyes...
Ok, I didn't want to say "atheist", as that sets people all a twitter. What I should have said is, be normal. Get away from the indoctrination. Religions have to be taught. The opposite of your programming is normalcy. If there are things in life you can't explain, try some scientific or historical research. Just don't say, "God did it". That's lazy, and you're being dishonest with yourself.
edit on 25-5-2012 by gentledissident because: commas

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

These are just my observations and I don't mean to offend.

I totally agree with you, but why can't we offend crazy people? Everybody is acting politically correct, but we forget that crazy is just crazy. No two ways about it. If you don't offend, aren't you (silently) supporting crazy?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
anyone who has had a family member convert to Born again fundamentalism has possibly seen these changes in their loved one.........

I consider myself to be a Christian and have no hatred towards these people,but I am sad at the years I missed while casually avoiding these members of the family.

More sect battles, holy wars. Try being a secular humanist for a while. You'll see how you've been changed by religion too. You can't live on wishful thinking and stay sane.

If you really think about it... women have a set number of eggs and stop ovulating at some point in their lives. Men can produce sperm for as long as they breathe air. So wouldn't the egg be much more sacred than the sperm in the grand scheme of things? Hadn't really thought about it until I read this post, so just wondering/

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join