It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea to Chemically Castrate Rapist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
source

South Korea is set to carry out the chemical castration of a serial rapist later this week, implementing recent legislation for the first time.

The drug treatment is intended to suppress sexual impulses and does not require the convict's consent.

The sex offender, identified only by his surname of Park, has been convicted of four counts of rape or attempted rape on young girls since the 1980s, according to the Ministry of Justice.

I found this interesting tidbit and thought I'd share with my friends at ATS. I also wanted to ask a question. Would you support the castratration of repeat sex offenders? Why or why not?

Let's start by defining a sex offender. I don't want to get involved in defining statutary rape, so lets just consider rape to be the non-consensual, forced sex by another.

Also to consider....false allegations of rape. We all know they happen. So I would think the person would have to be a multiple offender before castration is considered.

Now, as for myself, I'm torn. As a rape survivor, I'd love to see my attacker castrated. But there's a lot or room for error here. Would chemical castration, in fact, stop rape? Isn't rape an act of anger rather than an act of sex?

Help me out here, ATS. Looking forward to your replies.

smylee

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Interesting thoughts
It's imaginable what someone goes through like you did and the thoughts which stay with you for a lifetime.
I am for the idea of castration. Both for rape and sodomy.
It's true that rape is an act of violence in some cases but not all.
would castration be a deterrence for rape?
That is like asking if the death penalty will deterrent to murder.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I think it goes a little to far.

Bound for quite a few truly innocent
people to get caught up in this..

Something you can not take away
when its done.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I have in the past believed this is quite a good idea. However, once you subdue one powerful emotion it maybe replaced with another more dangerous emotion. what I mean if you take away the sexual desire you may just be left with one very violent individual. I'm no expert.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I agree with this, totally. But these guys are fooling around, they should just dip their bits in some acid and let the problem sort out itself.

Seriously though. Men have a certain egotistical pride when it comes to their members, especially the testies. We take care of them, make sure they dont bump into stuff and generally go to great lengths to keep them out of harm's way. If offenders knew that a rape conviction included a guaranteed dis-membering, be it chemical or otherwise, there would be no rapes at all. Nothing. Men are funny like that...

But that eye for an eye law dont fly in this concrete jungle. It should, but it doesnt. And besides, the guilty will write their fingers to the bone with appeal applications.
If this was Africa the victims would have a bobit as a revenge token in a jiffy. They dont mess around down here.

*Sorry about all the puns. Most were just happy coincidences.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Well, if he's not chemically castrated (with beer no doubt) he'll be in prison where he'll probably continue to use his non-castrated appendage. Either way, he'll spend a long time behind bars, so if he can maintain a bar is something that is probably his own business and nobody elses.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
If you misuse it, you might lose it? Sounds like a good warning to spread around. Not all rape is violent. Some is opportunity to control attained by manipulating fear.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
I think it goes a little to far.

Bound for quite a few truly innocent
people to get caught up in this..

Something you can not take away
when its done.

I think you are confused. Chemical castration is basically taking drugs, it is almost always reversible.

new topics

top topics

join