It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

look at this picture - the propaganda of aljazeera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
the homepage of aljazeera

www.aljazeera.com...

we have a big photo of mourning iraqi man with this tekst

U.S. assaults in Samarra kill 80, wound 100
10/1/2004 12:44:00 PM
U.S. forces launched a major offensive in Iraqi city Samarra, killing 80 Iraqis and seizing control of key government buildings.

when we enter to this article we have the same photo with this description

www.aljazeera.com...

"An Iraqi man mourns the death of his relative outside the morgue of Yarmuk hospital in Baghdad."

so everything is clear-it's all because of these evil US...they attacked sammara and this poor man with blood anywhere is crying - probably his family is killed or something like that.

---

and look at the same photo on yahoo.news

news.yahoo.com.../040930/photos_wl_me_afp/040930234343_nfqgabqb_photo1&e=14&ncid=708

so this man is crying because iraqi "resistance" killed his children or friends !!!!!!!

I think that it's really shocking situation.it's clear manipulation!!!!

[edit on 1-10-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
yeah but who is really telling the truth? aljazeera or yahoo?

its really hard to know all you can really do is look for other sources and try to peace the consistence's together

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
That Aljazeera page you linked to is from Aljazeera publishing in London.

This is the regular Aljazeera page:
english.aljazeera.net...

[edit on 1-10-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The credibility and in fact the very creation of Al-Jazeera is highly suspect. In this case though clearly someone is lying, it's either Al-Jazeera or Yahoo, I guess it comes down to who you want to believe.

I went to the Al-Jazeera website the other day and somthing odd stuck out to me. They have, as a permanent part of their site, a section called "Conspiracy Theories" that contains links to over views of popular theories surrounding 9/11 and various evidence pertaining to said theories. It just seems odd to me that this site would have a section like that, let alone name it "Conspiracy Theories" and not somthing like "The Truth of 9/11" if they were really looking to create public dissent. It doesn't make any logical sense to me. However, if Al-Jazeera is run by the US government as many have said before it's no surprise that these theories are planely displayed on a site the would bring ridicule to anyone using it as a source. Sounds almost like government disinformation.

Interesting related side note check out the March 4th 2001 episode of the X-Files spinoff "the Lone Gunman" which basically details the whole conspiracy theory of the radio controlled fake passanger plane crashing into the WTC in order for the government to boost the arms industry. Tom Clancy wrote a book to this effect as well. With the right amount of paranoia these things sound like disinformation campaigns.

link   

Originally posted by noctu
yeah but who is really telling the truth? aljazeera or yahoo?

its really hard to know all you can really do is look for other sources and try to peace the consistence's together

Yahoo was correct on that one.

This is the caption from Getty:
BAGHDAD, IRAQ: An Iraqi man mourns the death of his relative outside the morgue of al-Yarmouk hospital in Baghdad 30 September 2004. At least 41 people who were killed, most of the children in three car bombs that exploded west of the war-torn capital targeting a US convoy. Two bombs went off at about 1:00 pm (0900 GMT) close to the site of a ribbon-cutting ceremony for a new water pumping station on the western side of the city, a US military spokesman said. Almost simultaneously, another car bomb exploded near an Iraqi national guard checkpoint about one kilometer (half a mile) south of the site of water pumping station. AFP PHOTO/Jewel SAMAD (Photo credit should read JEWEL SAMAD/AFP/Getty Images)

link   
look at the date of this photo!!!

30 IX!! it coudn't be from Sammara because US attacked Sammara today!! And we have 1 X today!!So aljazeera is lying for sure!!!

[edit on 1-10-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
2 al-Jazeeras?
The plot thickens....

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I am not defending Al Aljazeera so please no flames etc.

But, you have to remeber that they are the difinative news source for the ME. Much as we are pointing at thier biased coverage, they can also point to ours and claim the same. Isreal uses its lobbying power through AIPAC etc to influce what we hear and see about Isreal and its actions esp int eh West bank and Gaza. Im not condoning false stories or improper use of pictures, but while we call bias, they are doing the same. We both alas be be correct on this one sadly.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
I am not defending Al Aljazeera so please no flames etc.

But, you have to remeber that they are the difinative news source for the ME. Much as we are pointing at thier biased coverage, they can also point to ours and claim the same. Isreal uses its lobbying power through AIPAC etc to influce what we hear and see about Isreal and its actions esp int eh West bank and Gaza. Im not condoning false stories or improper use of pictures, but while we call bias, they are doing the same. We both alas be be correct on this one sadly.

not sure how this quote thing works so forgive me. The part where you say they can point to ours and say the same.
I disagree, I can't speak of any news network but CNN but, CNN reports american caused causalties. Al jazeera rarely if ever reports insurgent caused causalties.

Much as we are pointing at thier biased coverage, they can also point to ours and claim the same.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gattaca
    the homepage of aljazeera

www.aljazeera.com...

so this man is crying because iraqi "resistance" killed his children or friends !!!!!!!

I think that it's really shocking situation.it's clear manipulation!!!!

The one you quoted (www.aljazeera.com) is an organization and a printable paper Published from London and only in English/Espanol. And have no connection with Aljazeera.net thats broadcasting from Qatar except with the name.

Aljazeera.net Arabic webpage
    www.aljazeera.net...

Aljazeera.net English webpage
    english.aljazeera.net...

Here is the same news from Aljazeera.net
    Scores killed in US assault on Samarra

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
um just to let you know...

ALL news sources are bias for the country they come from...

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
all media spreads propaganda of some sort and is biased in some way some more then others granted however I really dont take 1 source as 100%

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Have any of you watched Al Jazeera? Just because the US portrays it as false, and misinforming, does not mean it is. Al Jazeera tells the truth, maybe not want to be the side you want to hear, but it tells the truth.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Does Al-Jezerra tell the truth? probably for the most part. It's how they tell it that is the problem. As I stated before, Al-Jazeera rarely if ever reports 'insurgent' caused casualties.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Al-Jazeera is the Mid-east equivilant to Pravda. They take the story, and take out anything that will make the insergents look bad, then they soften it up abit so the insurgents come out sounding like the heros. I can get more reliable news from my 5 year old daughters imagination.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
What? There's still fighting in Iraq? I guess I've been reading the regular newspapers here in the US, and, you know, they like to pretend nothing is happening there.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
What? There's still fighting in Iraq? I guess I've been reading the regular newspapers here in the US, and, you know, they like to pretend nothing is happening there.

Well, thats what George Bush wants you to think. " Calm down people, there is nothing to see here." Rep. spin in our news. Dont take this the wrong way, If the dems got us in this mess, they would have the media show the same thing. Unless your watching FOX fair and unbalanced.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
How dare they show their side of the story gattaca

new topics

top topics

join