It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution happens. That's a fact.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by SpearMint

Actually what I think is being determined more and more is that previously misunderstood or unidentified fossils were really just bigger versions or older versions of the same animal we have today. 50 foot sharks, alligators and dolphins appear just exactly the way they do today. Same with insects. Two foot wing span dragonflies, cock roaches the size of dinner plates, 3 in" fleas all are the same species without change. The oldest are like ants trapped in amber. Plants haven't changed either. Just less and less species. Over 90 % of all species ever recorded are now extinct. Every life form today has a fossil of its ancestor millions of years old.

So what are you're trying to say exactly? Either the really big fleas/crocodiles/dragonflies lived alongside the really small ones - If this were the case one would assume that the smaller versions would have died out first for they would be the perfect size prey for the larger ones. If you are trying to say they are the same species well that is just ridiculous in itself. The definition of species is two individuals can mate and produce viable offspring. I'd really love to see a flea the size of a dinner plate mate with a flea the size of those that are found on my dog.

Also don't you think the world would be very very crowded back then?

If you're saying that the bigger versions somehow shrank over time to become the smaller ones. This my friend is what we call evolution.

Except man. Kind of suddenly showed up in the fossil record. The struggle for proof is to fill those gaps in the record "for a fact". Thats what the 4 trillion reward is for... actual fossil proof of this gap filling fossil. Not a million years between bit of bone "a" and bit of bone "b".
We have a fairly accurate fossil record of man's evolution dating back approximately 7 million years when we split off the lineage which has now become today's chimpanzees/bonobos. check the link Spearmint provided above.

And yet, DNA, the genetic code, (it is "encoded" right?), an egg, a seed, and the magic of the womb, continue from some beginning long ago that we can only see because these things exist. Telling me it is a fact they "evolved" is like telling me a 747 can be designed, tested, built and take of down a runway all by itself.

If metal and plastic was an actual viable medium to support life then maybe your analogy might actually be meaningful. But they cannot I'm afraid, so telling you that life evolved is nothing like telling you a 747 built itself on a runway and then took off.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by netgamer7k

Until somebody can show us all an animal that produced a different kind of animal, then evolution will stay as a theory and not fact.

How would that be possible, they're long dead because evolution takes a LONG time. Read the links in the last few posts...

What? That's the core concept of the evolution theory. Animals turning into totally different kinds of animals, and since they (the evolution crowd) don't have solid evidence for it, they put this gigantic leap of faith called "millions and millions of years..." between it. What a load of crap! It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, that lightning zapped a rock and out of primordial sludge came man a billions years later. That takes a tremendous, a HUGE amount of faith to believe that absurdity.

Besides, why are all these evolution guys buying into ideas like planet seeding? Since the whole "we came from a rock idea" is falling apart on them, now they're saying aliens did it. That's gonna go real well. Yep.
edit on 24-5-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

Read those wikipedia articles. There are going to be gaps of millions of years because that's how long it takes!

"That takes a tremendous, a HUGE amount of faith to believe that absurdity. "

A bit like a mystical, invisible being creating life out of nothing with NO evidence. Not even the slightest amount of evidence. How can you even say that....

The origin of life is a whole different subject, that's not what we're talking about.

First of all, the origin of life is directly linked into the evolution theory. Why would you separate the two? They go hand in hand.

Yes, it most definitely does take more faith to believe that everything happened by random chance, and the uniformity of nature (which you assume is already there) happened for no reason at all. Just cold, empty, no reason at all... just is.

As for faith in the infinite, immortal, uncreated, immeasurable, indestructible, undefeatable, and irrecoverable work and presence of the Spirit of God, that is easy to believe. You base what you know by your 5 senses, that as a consequence is going to give you a narrow world view. I believe in the supernatural, things that are there, but cannot be detected by our 5 senses.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

In no way did we suddenly appear. There are many fossils of primitive man.

Read the link provided in the post above yours, you will learn a lot. The fossils we have discovered are by no means just larger versions of what we have now.

Also, here is a more detailed version of the human evolution timeline.
edit on 24-5-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

That time line is a yoke. Throughout it repeats "It is thought" and "appears". Love the hominid "photographs". Did they pose for those? The gaps are self evident. Expecting to convict a criminal in a court of law, is not going to happen if time is missing. A Jury will acquit. And read the post below yours. Theory not fact.

You are quite clearly uneducated in the subject.

Fossils are not always preserved. There will always be gaps and I'll say it again... Evolution takes a LONG time.

They are not photographs genius, they clearly say reconstructions in the descriptions... my god.

According to you humans suddenly appeared, except an invisible being made them. I cannot believe you're picking holes in evolution when you believe that, it's quite comical.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Until somebody can show us all an animal that produced a different kind of animal, then evolution will stay as a theory and not fact.

How would that be possible, they're long dead because evolution takes a LONG time. Read the links in the last few posts...

What? That's the core concept of the evolution theory. Animals turning into totally different kinds of animals, and since they (the evolution crowd) don't have solid evidence for it, they put this gigantic leap of faith called "millions and millions of years..." between it. What a load of crap! It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, that lightning zapped a rock and out of primordial sludge came man a billions years later. That takes a tremendous, a HUGE amount of faith to believe that absurdity.

Besides, why are all these evolution guys buying into ideas like planet seeding? Since the whole "we came from a rock idea" is falling apart on them, now they're saying aliens did it. That's gonna go real well. Yep.
edit on 24-5-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

Read those wikipedia articles. There are going to be gaps of millions of years because that's how long it takes!

"That takes a tremendous, a HUGE amount of faith to believe that absurdity. "

A bit like a mystical, invisible being creating life out of nothing with NO evidence. Not even the slightest amount of evidence. How can you even say that....

The origin of life is a whole different subject, that's not what we're talking about.

First of all, the origin of life is directly linked into the evolution theory. Why would you separate the two? They go hand in hand.

Yes, it most definitely does take more faith to believe that everything happened by random chance, and the uniformity of nature (which you assume is already there) happened for no reason at all. Just cold, empty, no reason at all... just is.

As for faith in the infinite, immortal, uncreated, immeasurable, indestructible, undefeatable, and irrecoverable work and presence of the Spirit of God, that is easy to believe. You base what you know by your 5 senses, that as a consequence is going to give you a narrow world view. I believe in the supernatural, things that are there, but cannot be detected by our 5 senses.

No it's a separate matter. How life appeared here does not matter to this subject, it's what happened after that matters. Although it's an interesting subject, that knowledge is not needed when discussing how life evolved.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

You're misunderstanding what I say. Or sidestepping it. Or leaving out the good (Genetic code) and picking at the weak links (no pun intended). So like I said go claim your prize with that dude in Turkey.

The link Airhumper provides is a theoretical timeline produced by people with as much imagination as religious nut cases that also say, "It just happened".Sorry you confuse me with one of those too. I am not.

Its late, good night.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

In no way did we suddenly appear. There are many fossils of primitive man.

Read the link provided in the post above yours, you will learn a lot. The fossils we have discovered are by no means just larger versions of what we have now.

Also, here is a more detailed version of the human evolution timeline.

That time line is a yoke. Throughout it repeats "It is thought" and "appears". Love the hominid "photographs". Did they pose for those? The gaps are self evident. Expecting to convict a criminal in a court of law, is not going to happen if time is missing. A Jury will acquit. And read the post below yours. Theory not fact.

Do you have any idea the precise environmental variables needed even to create a fossil?

The fact that there are any at all is a small 'miracle' in itself. Of course there are going to be gaps. What we are looking at is the overwhelming evidence that evolution exists when looking at all of the evidence as a whole.

Fossils no longer play a major part in evolutionary study (though they are still important). They only show that it is most likely. It is the DNA evidence which is really the clincher.

Now if we were to take this to a court of law, which scenario do you believe the jury would deem most likely. The 'God snapped his fingers and *poof* there's the universe theory' or a theory independantly verified by thousands of scientists all around the world.

You're misunderstanding what I say. Or sidestepping it. Or leaving out the good (Genetic code) and picking at the weak links (no pun intended). So like I said go claim your prize with that dude in Turkey.

Its late, good night.

If that is the case then you should have no issue actually addressing my questions then.
edit on 24/5/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

The link Airhumper provides is a theoretical timeline produced by people with as much imagination as religious nut cases that also say, "It just happened".Sorry you confuse me with one of those too. I am not.

Its late, good night.

The timeline is constructed from FOSSIL RECORDS.

If you want proof of primitive man, I think I'm arguing with one.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

there are many religions, only one including Atheism can be right

Ok I thought about it and IMO you're wrong. Because religion is of man, evolution is of man, atheism is of man.

But Christ is of the Father.

Why do you keep asking what am I talking about ? I'm using plain english here. Oh and your lil buzz word ( ignorant )
is becoming redundant.

Care to keep this up ? Or perhaps you'll at least agree man is a spiritual being ?

I think I'm arguing with one.

What did you expect from this forum ? Everyone sitting around thier video screens singing kum baya ?

edit on 24-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Like I told others, evolutionaries are like creationists, they both think stuff just happens. You said it yourself. Its a fact (with gaps). Thats the comic comment of the day. So do religious "believers. They say (its a fact) but don't ask us how. Both you all are misguided zealot believers in fantasy.

Its late here, goodnight dinkums.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

there are many religions, only one including Atheism can be right

Ok I thought about it and IMO you're wrong. Because religion is of man, evolution is of man, atheism is of man.

But Christ is of the Father.

Why do you keep asking what am I talking about ? I'm using plain english here. Oh and lil buzz word ( ignorant )
is becoming redundant.

Care to keep this up ? Or perhaps you'll at least agree man is a spiritual being ?

Ok, a few things:

1. What you just said about religions makes no sense at all, it sounds like something from the bible.

2. You most certainly are not using plain English.

3. How can I be wrong? How can multiple stories of how we were created all be right? They all contradict each other, although there may be a couple of exceptions.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Like I told others, evolutionaries are like creationists, they both think stuff just happens. You said it yourself. Its a fact (with gaps). Thats the comic comment of the day. So do religious "believers. They say (its a fact) but don't ask us how. Both you all are misguided zealot believers in fantasy.

No we don't believe things "just happen", that's the whole point.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Of course there are going to be gaps. What we are looking at is the overwhelming evidence that evolution exists when looking at all of the evidence as a whole.

Last one...
Thats what they said at the Casey Anthony trial. Just convict her we know she did it. Sorry, jury didn't buy it.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Close but no cigar. See evolutionists use a little thing called 'proof' to back up there theories. As I've already said in a previous post, the musings of a bunch of bronze-age middle eastern goat herders is not solid proof in anyone's language.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Of course there are going to be gaps. What we are looking at is the overwhelming evidence that evolution exists when looking at all of the evidence as a whole.

Last one...
Thats what they said at the Casey Anthony trial. Just convict her we know she did it. Sorry, jury didn't buy it.

I have no idea who casey anthony is but I would hazard a guess she did not have thousands of independant scientists working for or against her case.

So I take it that your not going to answer any of my questions then...... Who would have guessed.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Last one...

That sounds like something that can be better compared to the bible. You see, we have very strong evidence, as I've said so many times that it's getting quite boring. The "jury" ignores the evidence because it contradicts their book.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

The BIG questions is: Does evolution know when to STOP? I kinda like humans with ten fingers n' toes and noses and, well, BOOBS. I like boobs! lol But, if evolution doesn't stop here, then we might look this this in the future:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

The BIG questions is: Does evolution know when to STOP? I kinda like humans with ten fingers n' toes and noses and, well, BOOBS. I like boobs! lol But, if evolution doesn't stop here, then we might look this this in the future:

Lol. I have a funny feeling that with all the biotechnology and gene manipulation going on these days humans will not be subject to the same evolutionary pressures that any other animal is or was ever subject to. We are now in control of our own evolutionary destiny...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

You most certainly are not using plain English.

Then why do you keep answering in english ? How does that make any sense ?

Any way if you can't comprehend then we're done.

Cheers

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I don't think evolution can stop, but it can take long "breaks". Don't worry, boobs will stick around for our lifetime.

Modern human evolution is a tricky thing. There are around 7 billion of us now, and we are so spread out. This affects how changes spread, it may stop changes from spreading far, I'm not sure. I think humans will steer evolution in a direction that suits us, but even that will take a long time since there are so many of us. Maybe new species of humans will evolve from different areas in the distant future. We move around a lot though, it's really hard to predict what will happen.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

You most certainly are not using plain English.

Then why do you keep answering in english ? How does that make any sense ?

Any way if you can't comprehend then we're done.

Cheers

Ok I'll rephrase it. You're speaking English but you're not making sense. You answer a portion of each post, you usually completely misinterpret it and/or miss the point.

I said that only one religion or Atheism can be right and you said:

"Because religion is of man, evolution is of man, atheism is of man.

But Christ is of the Father. "

That makes NO sense, why does that mean more than one can be right?

I think I'm arguing with one.

What did you expect from this forum ? Everyone sitting around thier video screens singing kum baya ?

edit on 24-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

No I don't expect that at all. There you go again, completely misinterpreted what I was saying.

I made a joke implying he was a primitive man.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join