It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution happens. That's a fact.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Keep biting from that spoon....

Please actually look at the evidence, not the contrived bull# that they show you in text books, even college and graduate level textbooks.

The number of bones that have been found is tiny. For gigantapithecus,, they have found TEETH... and a partial jawbone, yet they extract and entire creature from it... Guess what??? The teeth are virtually indistinguishable from human teeth.

Much of the fossil evidence is interpreted in the same way... "Lucy", one of the most complete skeletons of supposedly early man, is fragments of bones and a partial skull.

Please actually look at evidence and stop accepting what you are told. They are manipulating you and indoctrinating you to believe a false paradigm.

The evidence that they try to claim is abundant is tiny in reality and most of it is made up, contrived, from tiny pieces and fragments.

On top of that the foundations of all of the modern sciences are built up on logical fallacy and false foundations.

Geology, Astronomy, Paleontology, all based on built up supposedly improved, but by the nature of the reasoning behind the necessity of the improvement, built up on false assumptions and foundations.

They have fudged formulae and numbers to fit their theories instead of discarding and starting over in the face of contrary evidence.

They have discarded and ignored and marginalized evidence that doesn't fit the established paradigms when it doesn't allow for the fudging of numbers and formulae.

We need to start showing people the ACTUAL, (not contrived) evidence and teaching them logical thought.

It is the morons who think that inductive logic with multiple variables can produce "fact". like the op that have hijacked science and ensured that we are not conducting real science.

Stating that Evolution is FACT is NOT real science.

If you want to say that defined as Change occurring over time, evolution is fact, then yes, I agree...

However, if like the op, you are trying to say that IMMENSE and COMPLETE change occurs over vast immeasurable expanses of time and THAT;S a FACT, then you are as loony as someone who claims they talk with aliens on a regular basis when they go into the wilderness and drink a certain type of Starbucks coffee.

Jaden

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden

Keep biting from that spoon....

Please actually look at the evidence, not the contrived bull# that they show you in text books, even college and graduate level textbooks.

The number of bones that have been found is tiny. For gigantapithecus,, they have found TEETH... and a partial jawbone, yet they extract and entire creature from it... Guess what??? The teeth are virtually indistinguishable from human teeth.

Much of the fossil evidence is interpreted in the same way... "Lucy", one of the most complete skeletons of supposedly early man, is fragments of bones and a partial skull.

Please actually look at evidence and stop accepting what you are told. They are manipulating you and indoctrinating you to believe a false paradigm.

The evidence that they try to claim is abundant is tiny in reality and most of it is made up, contrived, from tiny pieces and fragments.

On top of that the foundations of all of the modern sciences are built up on logical fallacy and false foundations.

Geology, Astronomy, Paleontology, all based on built up supposedly improved, but by the nature of the reasoning behind the necessity of the improvement, built up on false assumptions and foundations.

They have fudged formulae and numbers to fit their theories instead of discarding and starting over in the face of contrary evidence.

They have discarded and ignored and marginalized evidence that doesn't fit the established paradigms when it doesn't allow for the fudging of numbers and formulae.

We need to start showing people the ACTUAL, (not contrived) evidence and teaching them logical thought.

It is the morons who think that inductive logic with multiple variables can produce "fact". like the op that have hijacked science and ensured that we are not conducting real science.

Stating that Evolution is FACT is NOT real science.

If you want to say that defined as Change occurring over time, evolution is fact, then yes, I agree...

However, if like the op, you are trying to say that IMMENSE and COMPLETE change occurs over vast immeasurable expanses of time and THAT;S a FACT, then you are as loony as someone who claims they talk with aliens on a regular basis when they go into the wilderness and drink a certain type of Starbucks coffee.

Jaden

Why? Why is major change over time "loony"? That is your personal opinion based on nothing.

Fossils SHOW this.

And how have I "hijacked science". What I said is a result of scientific research and examination of DNA. I could say that you "hijacked common sense". You are ignoring what we have discovered for no other reason than you think the concept is "loony". So what? You think we were created by an invisible being out of nothing do you?
edit on 24-5-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

I am a geologist who also has a degree in anthropology. While studying at university I had a part time job organizing the fossils at the Queensland Museum in Australia.

I have looked at the evidence for both sides of the story and am satisfied that evidence for evolution is completely overwhelming.

The supposed 'fudging' done by scientists (and I will not deny it hasn't happened from time to time) is nothing compared to the distortion of facts displayed by those on the Creationist side of the fence. The difference is though is that scientists have to answer to their peers and all experiments must be repeatable. Creationist are answerable to no one but themselves.

You agree that little changes do happen. Well answer me this.....

What do you think happens when a lot of little changes (which are completely observable within our brief lifetimes) add up over 100's of thousands if not millions of years? A big change. This my friend is logical thought...
edit on 24/5/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Evolution of man REALLY, why do we still have apes and monkeys then?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT

Uhhh.... OK, ill give a silly answer as well.

Americans are from Europe, why does Europe still exist?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Simple. We evolved from a common ancestor, not from monkeys and apes. Monkeys and apes are our cousins.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daemonicon

Simple. We evolved from a common ancestor, not from monkeys and apes. Monkeys and apes are our cousins.

Ah you've ruined the fun out of it! lol

This question will always be asked until they do their own research lol

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

But the thing here lucid, is you can actually see the Americans coming from Europe.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

There's a whole phylum's worth of difference. Single-celled organism to dinosaur to bird is macro-evolution.

Wolf to coyote is micro-evolution.

/TOA

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by luciddream

But the thing here lucid, is you can actually see the Americans coming from Europe.

Right! So, why can't we see this with Australopithecus skulls? They existed for three million years. Shouldn't a skull from the latest time have slight modifications from those of the earliest time? Like, maybe a bony brow became less and less bony over their time on the planet?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Right! So, why can't we see this with Australopithecus skulls? They existed for three million years. Shouldn't a skull from the latest time have slight modifications from those of the earliest time? Like, maybe a bony brow became less and less bony over their time on the planet?

Chuuuuuuuuuuuk-Blip ! As we've chuuuc previously blip! Chuuuuc already Chuuuuuuc not blip! all figured Bleeeeep ! out
But it is a fact. enah enah enah..... Ignorant. Chuuuuc What are you talking about ?

English.

We're smarter than you ?

Just a few of the respones you can expect. :

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by jiggerj

But it is a fact.

I'm not arguing. I'm asking. I really don't know.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I'm not arguing. I'm asking. I really don't know.

Does that even matter ? And do you think they do ?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

There's a whole phylum's worth of difference. Single-celled organism to dinosaur to bird is macro-evolution.

Wolf to coyote is micro-evolution.

/TOA

There is no difference. Micro....Macro...it is all evolution. These terms were just invented by Creationists to explain away the fact that evolution itself is in fact observable even in our brief life spans. No scientist makes this differentiation.

As I've said maybe 5 times so far in this thread, what do you think happens when a lot of little changes happen over a very long period of time? A big change. Look at dogs for example. In less than a thousand years we've gone from wolf/jackal type animals to everything from chihuahuas to irish wolf hounds. Now just imagine what would happen over the 3.5 billion years that life has existed on this planet...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Evolution is a FACT, and I am the PROOF!!!

I am half man and half horse, if you know what I mean

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Look, when Newton showed us that nature can be observed and explained in scientific terms he took the mystery away from rainbows. Some people, to this day, want to believe that rainbows are a manifestation of god. They don't want to hear about prisms ...

The same applies for evolution. It is fact, but some people want to ignore it, because their inner self-worth is threatened by science. We cannot possible be talking monkeys. No, we are god's gift to the universe ...

The only wiggle room left is the transition from inorganic chemistry to organic, living chemistry. All other debates are moot.

I also wonder why evolutionists even engage in this debate any longer? Delusional views should be left to mental health professionals.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
Look, when Newton showed us that nature can be observed and explained in scientific terms he took the mystery away from rainbows. Some people, to this day, want to believe that rainbows are a manifestation of god. They don't want to hear about prisms ...

The same applies for evolution. It is fact, but some people want to ignore it, because their inner self-worth is threatened by science. We cannot possible be talking monkeys. No, we are god's gift to the universe ...

Not suggesting you are saying this, but does knowing why something happens make it any less beautiful?

The more I learn about the mechanics of how the universe works the more amazing it seems. The fact that I am related to every life form on this planet, that everything on this planet indeed the universe issued forth from one singularity and the fact that ultimately my body is made from the dust of ancient stars I find truly incredible.

I am not an athiest (the term I use is to describe myself is 'spiritual pantheist' or pagan if I want to rile up some traditional religious types), and I have met quite a few scientists who have themselves have become spiritual when they began to delve deeply into the mysteries of the universe.

Mystery is not required for something to be beautiful or amazing. I find science and the knowledge it provides about the universe adds such depth, beauty and clarity to everything I see around me in a way that simply cannot be matched by anything written in dusty old religious tomes.

The universe is truly an amazing place and I am grateful that I am a part of it and all of you....

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

You are preaching to the choir. Maybe I wasn't clear in my post.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

No you were quite clear.

It was more a response to some of the others on this thread who alluded toward a pov stating that science has somehow taken all the majesty out of 'God's' creation.

I guess your post was more of a prompt than anything else.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ObserverMind

Wow ! That makes you a horses ass/sorry !

I'll go away

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join