It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think people from the government come on here?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Don't know. What goverment are you thinking off? De forente stater as they call it round these parts?
Don't they have more important things to do, like fighting terrorism for example?
I shouldn't worry about it if I were You.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I made a mistake over a decade ago of writing to the gov't about somethings...(asked them why they wanted me to kick my husband out and go on welfare, and then gave them the reasons that I believed were right.).....well, I'm on their list, I am sure, since a new friend of friend came into my life a short while later and was asking me all kinds of weird questions.

I think they monitor this site, some of the stuff on here is far worse than what I wrote to them.....probably true, and more threatening to them, since I went right to them with the accusations and remained silent for the most part, until they started making moves recently that affirmed what I wrote.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
the monitoring of message boards are ofter the leading cause of investigations opened against terrorists on the internet..believe me they may not be directly watching but you can bet buddy someone who works for them is dont full yourself you have no secrets here the only thing you can hide is those things you dont put up cause you are afraid.....you have no reason to fear them if your principals are righteous and you stick to your guns you become an unmovable force greater than any army thats what im saying screw the goverment if they dont like what I got to say at the end of the day when I critique my day I wants to know I didnt give into the intimidation or influence of the status quoe

dawnstar
dont worry other people know now so if you dont pop in from time to time to drop a few lines it will be noticed they cant get us all and If we all know the secret that I know we have nothing to fear....

the secret is make sure alot of people know who you are and when you think you need to be watched out for and keep people up to date on when you are expected to return and they dare not touch that would be stupid I mean really stupid cause everyone will know exactly who to go hunting for see greater power in numbers and knowledge

[edit on 1/10/04 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
CIA, DIA, MoD, FBI, FEMA, NASA, nearly ALL branches of service, foreign armed services, Boeing, Northrop, Lockheed, Sikorsky, etc. just to name a few off the top of my head....

Note, not all of those mentioned are CURRENTLY represented, and those are just the ones I've known of in the past and currently. Others (myself included) have close relatives in such agencies/contractors, etc. as well. In my case, my father works for Lockheed, on the Raptor, in GA.

Of course, such posters, and (working) family of such posters, are often bound by a Secrecy Agreement (one I've signed myself for other reasons which I won't go into on this thread, but it's nothing particularly interesting) that if broken, can lead to stiff fines, imprisonment, both, even the death penalty if "treason" is stated....so you aren't going to get anything that compromises security or the agreement.

However, that doesn't mean hints and tidbits haven't come out of it... But, just like everything else, it's up to the individual to separate the wheat from the chaff....

As for them "watching the boards", I'd bet good money they use a filter program to scour the web looking for "hotwords". No doubt, ATS will come up often on these, and it wouldn't surprise me if we had our own dedicated "watcher"....man, wouldn't THAT be the job, hehe...

[edit on 1-10-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Dawnstar, some of the letters I've sent to the authorities around the world will definatly put me on any "lists" they may have. Mostly in connection with Human Rights abuses around the world ( including western Governments) I don't give a damn any more what they think of me, my life has been made "difficult" over the last 25 years - I have been taken in for questioning, threatened, and hospitalized - NEVER EVER have I been charged with anything. Lawful resistance and constant pressure is crucial; otherwise it's "disappearance" time for the few and then the many. Believe me.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Cassandra says:

"Care to share which "government agencies/contractors,etc."?"

Well, I work for The Boeing Company, the largest aerospace company and the second-largest defense contractor in the world. And I work for the military/defense side, not the commercial airplane side. Does that count?

One of the things I believe in is denying (and fighting) ignorance.

I see a lot of good ideas here, and some of the ideas and beliefs make a lot of sense.

On the other hand, I see a lot of paranoid or just plain scientifically-iliterate postings here; and you can bet that I, as both a skeptic and someone with some backgroundin engineering, will put inmy two cents about such ideas.

Anyone who denies anything out of hand, in my opinion, is a close-minded ignoramus. On the other hand, anyone who accepts things without thinking them true is the same.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
My education includes about 1/3 of my 9 years college courses being trained to work for FEMA for example and I can tell you all you worry alot about a little bit of nothing people who are being trained for FEMA have fact finding knowledge and answer more directly to the people watching this place than joe blow FEMA puts its people through the same level of security clearance check as Boeing ,military,and other goverment agencies but I am still not worried about speaking my mind you see you learn the secret I spoke of above from them so use what I told you to keep informed,tell others and dont be alone in your daily life and the beast cant consume you

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Im sorry, I honestly cannot imagine that people in the government would have time to sit around and read message boards. So many people are just talking out the top of their head on message boards and that would be a colossal waste of time. Now if this was a board in the arab language it might be more profitable. I personally get a headache when I read this board for any length of time, but thats because I have to use a web tv and its insanely slow. Dont waste the taxpayers money like this.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
Does anybody think that maybe people from the government come on here to see what we are all writing about?

I'll apologise in advance for being an absolute pedant, but applying a very strict and literal interpretation to the question, I am sure that plenty of people who are government employees come here to see what's happening.

I can imagine people who work for, say the Inland Revenue, or the DWP may chose to come here because they are actually interested in UFO's, or medical issues, but do so as ordinary members like you and I, and do so in their own time.

Clearly tho' - that's not really your question ...

... and that one, the question of government agents attending this site in any sort of official capacity, I'll leave to others ... (but only because I don't know - I'd expect so, but who really knows).

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
A sure fire way to tell if the gov is on to you. Go home and see if the condiments in your refrigerator have been moved around. Look long and hard you'll see! j/k

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
CIA, DIA, MoD, FBI, FEMA, NASA, nearly ALL branches of service, foreign armed services, Boeing, Northrop, Lockheed, Sikorsky, etc. just to name a few off the top of my head....

Very impressive.

But, just like everything else, it's up to the individual to separate the wheat from the chaff....

Words of wisdom.

As for them "watching the boards", I'd bet good money they use a filter program to scour the web looking for "hotwords". No doubt, ATS will come up often on these, and it wouldn't surprise me if we had our own dedicated "watcher"....man, wouldn't THAT be the job, hehe...

[edit on 1-10-2004 by Gazrok]

Indeed. But it does seem that there would be an easier way to monitor the populace than assigning numerous agents the task of reading millions of internet posts on far flung websites.

A much easier way.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
A sure fire way to tell if the gov is on to you. Go home and see if the condiments in your refrigerator have been moved around. Look long and hard you'll see! j/k

oh my god!!! I just looked way in the back of my fridge and sure enough there he is, with his dark sunglasses and all, all cocooned, another victim of the mold monster.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
im sorry. i am a rather new member so i didnt know that there was one on here like that. i looked on here today to see if there was one but i didnt see any. Sorry that must get kind of annoying

Don't worry about it. Just about every new member has started a thread along these lines. I don't know if anyone mentioned it or not, because I don't know how to read, but there was this one time...

Me and some other idiots once called some phone numbers from a couple of documents that were posted here. They were marked Top Secret, so we figured they were a hoax. Well, to make a long story longer, some of us got calls from angry CIA agents, making vague and open-ended threats if we didn't forget the number immediately. I received a call the next day from an Agent Davenport of the Defense Intelligence Agency. He introduced himself as such and told me that he was heading an investigation into the calls we made, and how we attained the numbers. He was nice enough, obviously a Brit, which I thought was a little strange. Seems even the government is outsourcing. But anyway, he got hold of SkepticOverlord, and apparently, everything worked out well.

So I know for a fact that there are some government people looking at this site, but I don't think they really care what we say, as long as we don't call them.

Here's the original Juniper Three Research thread...

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Everyone must remember: anybody one these boards who has a security clearance is bound by regulation to report any instances of inadvertant or purposeful disclosure of classified information to the appropriate authorities. Allowing classified information to be compromised by inaction is just as bad as commiting the offense itself.

That being said, I'm am sure that in instances like the Juniper Three Research saga, there are alot of eyebrows going up, e-mails with hyperlinks being sent, and phone receivers being picked up.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassandra

Do you think people from the government come on here?

NO. We KNOW they are...

think it should be the adminstrations job to locate any government agents posting on here. they are not welcome here, and should be banned.

Not at all, some of our most contributing members work for government agencies/contractors, etc. Not to mention, such a search would be futile. If such an agent wished, all they'd have to do is go to the library and post or post from home....
No spy gadgets required..... We DO however, crack down on those SAYING they work for such an agency if in fact they do not...as this violates the Terms of the site.

Interesting.

Care to share which "government agencies/contractors,etc."?

Note please that I am not asking that members be identified....just the agencies/contractors that employ "some of our most contributing members".

Thanks in advance.

Cassandra.You`re so spooky you almost too spooky spook spook.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The only way any gov't official visits is to get a good laff at us. Really, now I don't think any of THEM gives a rats pa-toot.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Just remeber everything you type on your computer, every web site you go to is monitored. That is not paranoia, it is fact. But as long as you keep that in mind and don't say anything which can be construed as a threat or implicate yourself in illicit activites, they can't do much of anything but scare you.

So, just to play devil's advocate, we're okay as long as we don't type anything that "the government" might construe (for whatever reason) as a "threat"...or "implicate" ourselves in "illicit activities"..they can only scare us. Got it. Crystal clear.

But...what if "the government" does feel threatened and/or that someone has implicated themselves in these (not at all vague or abstract) illicit activities....what do you suppose happens then?

Originally posted by Oddfellow
Don't know. What goverment are you thinking off? De forente stater as they call it round these parts?
Don't they have more important things to do, like fighting terrorism for example?
I shouldn't worry about it if I were You.

Okay, thanks! You got it--I won't worry about it. That is much easier.

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
...believe me they may not be directly watching but you can bet buddy someone who works for them is dont full yourself you have no secrets here the only thing you can hide is those things you dont put up cause you are afraid.....you have no reason to fear them if your principals are righteous and you stick to your guns you become an unmovable force greater than any army ...

dawnstar
dont worry other people know now so if you dont pop in from time to time to drop a few lines it will be noticed they cant get us all and If we all know the secret that I know we have nothing to fear....

the secret is make sure alot of people know who you are and when you think you need to be watched out for and keep people up to date on when you are expected to return and they dare not touch that would be stupid I mean really stupid cause everyone will know exactly who to go hunting for see greater power in numbers and knowledge

[edit on 1/10/04 by drbryankkruta]

Wait a minute. Now I'm worried again.

Originally posted by Oddfellow
. Lawful resistance and constant pressure is crucial; otherwise it's "disappearance" time for the few and then the many. Believe me.

Really worried.

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Cassandra says:

"Care to share which "government agencies/contractors,etc."?"

Well, I work for The Boeing Company, the largest aerospace company and the second-largest defense contractor in the world. And I work for the military/defense side, not the commercial airplane side. Does that count?

One of the things I believe in is denying (and fighting) ignorance.

I see a lot of good ideas here, and some of the ideas and beliefs make a lot of sense.

On the other hand, I see a lot of paranoid or just plain scientifically-iliterate postings here; and you can bet that I, as both a skeptic and someone with some backgroundin engineering, will put inmy two cents about such ideas.

Anyone who denies anything out of hand, in my opinion, is a close-minded ignoramus. On the other hand, anyone who accepts things without thinking them true is the same.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by Off_The_Street]

Okay, that got me smiling.

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
My education includes about 1/3 of my 9 years college courses being trained to work for FEMA for example and I can tell you all you worry alot about a little bit of nothing people who are being trained for FEMA have fact finding knowledge and answer more directly to the people watching this place than joe blow FEMA puts its people through the same level of security clearance check as Boeing ,military,and other goverment agencies but I am still not worried about speaking my mind you see you learn the secret I spoke of above from them so use what I told you to keep informed,tell others and dont be alone in your daily life and the beast cant consume you

Wonderful. Now I'm worried again.

Originally posted by lily3214
Im sorry, I honestly cannot imagine that people in the government would have time to sit around and read message boards.... Dont waste the taxpayers money like this.

Me neither. Thanks, I am no longer worried.

Originally posted by 0951

... and that one, the question of government agents attending this site in any sort of official capacity, I'll leave to others ... (but only because I don't know - I'd expect so, but who really knows).

Official capacity? Like, with publicly accessible records and stuff? That is completely impossible. Completely. Now I'm really not worried.

Originally posted by Pyros
Everyone must remember: anybody one these boards who has a security clearance is bound by regulation to report any instances of inadvertant or purposeful disclosure of classified information to the appropriate authorities. Allowing classified information to be compromised by inaction is just as bad as commiting the offense itself.

Okay, I'd like to change my vote to "worried" again.

This is so confusing. Life would be so much easier if someone would just tell me what to feel, what to think, what to believe...but that's just an impossible utopia. Irony of ironies...it's almost as if that is what is actually going on....just without the "utopia" part.

Thanks for your participation, and I hope I haven't offended anyone. Just playing the D.A. (devil's advocate, that is).

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Cassandra.

So what`s so confusing and why you so worried.Or are you just fishing around.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
We could talk in abstractions and analogies, tell fantastic stories and be obtuse, oblique, use hyperbole and metaphor. If you know what I mean.
say no more

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
Whoever they are! They're more frightened of you than you think!

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I love the "watch what you say and to who" people

Cybersecurity Homeland Security Style
story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20041001/ap_on_hi_te/cybersecurity_chief_10

There is nothing wrong with your PC. Do not attempt to adjust the SECURITY SETTINGS. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the DOWNLOADS. We will control the UPLOADS. We can roll the image; make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your PC. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to the outer limits.

*make sure you do your windows updates, your virus database updates, and your spyware updates, it lets us into your world and helps us to profile you better*

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join