It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think people from the government come on here?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Does anybody think that maybe people from the government come on here to see what we are all writing about? i was just curious. also i was wondering if anyone on here has any stories about people being harrassed or contacted by people in the government for things that they said in here.

DIGITALGRL

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I hope the President and or his people see me doing this and come right to my house. But boys and girls make sure you call first so I can have some tea ready for you and such

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
HEHEHEHE..... how nice of you. now i have a craving for tea

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
MMMMMMMMMM

Sounds like we've been here before, more than once as well!

Only within the last couple of weeks another member started a thread asking more or less the same question.

And SOMEONE else (not gonna mention names) started a thread last year on the same subject, they do and are here, watching and reading, and taking part in here, just gotta watch what you say too who?????????

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
im sorry. i am a rather new member so i didnt know that there was one on here like that. i looked on here today to see if there was one but i didnt see any. Sorry that must get kind of annoying

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackwidow666
MMMMMMMMMM

Sounds like we've been here before, more than once as well!

Only within the last couple of weeks another member started a thread asking more or less the same question.

And SOMEONE else (not gonna mention names) started a thread last year on the same subject, they do and are here, watching and reading, and taking part in here, just gotta watch what you say too who?????????

The travails of being a long-timer Widow.

No need to appologize DG.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I was actually questioned by a FBI agent once when I was posting on AOL boards, they generally give themselves away when they ask "How often do you post things like this?" of "Do you meet with other people about this?" The one that was questioning me asked me something adn I think I ticked him off pretty bad when i answered, "I don't know, ask your Boss" He started to get really crappy after that and while I was chatting him I pinged his IP and found out he was the real deal. I can imagine they do visit from time to time, but they mainly operate on keywords and base their investigations on repeat 'offenders'. Just remeber everything you type on your computer, every web site you go to is monitored. That is not paranoia, it is fact. But as long as you keep that in mind and don't say anything which can be construed as a threat or implicate yourself in illicit activites, they can't do much of anything but scare you. I am on a few lists for sure

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
I am on a few lists for sure

My man. Man? Never know with cyberspace. Anyways, is that why you're Twitchy.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Im glad it was brought up cause I wasnt exsposed to the previous mentions but Ill tell you what who ever you are you call the nearest airline get me a ticket to fly to DC u2u me with a pickup place and I will save you the trip cause I have no fear in telling the world how screwed up it is to have to be associated with this chain of events I mean 20 years down the road when this whole matter is in every world history book in the world for the kids to study they arent going to say "Bush caused this problem" they are going to throw a blanket blame over the US as a whole and it will go something like this "the US was the bully of our era starting wars in more places than they should and not having itellegence to justify it in the first place) I dont want to be remembered as a citizen of a tyrant high and mighty holier than thou society do you

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Thanks intrepid nice way of saying that Ive been here a while
(Just part of the furniture, like alot of us now)

I wasnt getting at anyone either, just saying we're been here before, within the last couple of weeks.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackwidow666
Thanks intrepid nice way of saying that Ive been here a while
(Just part of the furniture, like alot of us now)

I wasnt getting at anyone either, just saying we're been here before, within the last couple of weeks.

Wasn't getting at you either, just pointing out that it's new to some people. We've all been there before. You remember my growing pains? WOW! I'm sure a good many members were going

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
"Growing pains" oh yes we all thave those, still have some of mine

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I work for the CIA, doesn't everybody?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
I work for the CIA, doesn't everybody?

Nope, Department of Corrections.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
i think it should be the adminstrations job to locate any government agents posting on here. they are not welcome here, and should be banned. i mean if they have a good cuase sure they can post, but if they come in spouting anti conspiracy rhetoric, then they need the boot. some folks raise my eyebrow, others have me second guessing. if the administration could track some down, i am sure there are a few disinformants out there, then a list could be complied to show we are all not crazy and there are people out there who are against our cause!

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Chillingly enough, several large internet discussion forums relating to topical events are currently "managed" (for lack of a better term) by the "government".

There was an uproar on another Site about the owner/moderator being affiliated with the government. Through my almost visionary (yet modest) investigative skills, I was able to determine that he/she/they were indeed working on behalf of a government agency. (or at least that they were employees of the agency..perhaps the Site is just a hobby
)

No, I won't name the Site, but if you think you know which one I am talking about...you'd probably be right.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
i think it should be the adminstrations job to locate any government agents posting on here. they are not welcome here, and should be banned. i mean if they have a good cuase sure they can post, but if they come in spouting anti conspiracy rhetoric, then they need the boot. some folks raise my eyebrow, others have me second guessing. if the administration could track some down, i am sure there are a few disinformants out there, then a list could be complied to show we are all not crazy and there are people out there who are against our cause!

You would think that it would be that clear-cut, wouldn't you?
However, disinfo agents do not simply debunk or belittle legitimate theories...at times, they actually help perpetuate the theory. The purpose is to saturate us with information until we simply do not know what to believe.

A good clue that you are dealing accurately with a sensitive matter? When the topic is neither debunked nor affirmed....just fades away. (Although it could also mean that it was just a lousy topic
)

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   

while I was chatting him I pinged his IP and found out he was the real deal

Um.... say what? You pinged his IP to determine the source of the communications? You do know ping means to "send a message from one computer to another to check whether it is reachable and active"? You can ping an address for all it's worth but that won't give you it's original location.....

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   

NO. We KNOW they are...

think it should be the adminstrations job to locate any government agents posting on here. they are not welcome here, and should be banned.

Not at all, some of our most contributing members work for government agencies/contractors, etc. Not to mention, such a search would be futile. If such an agent wished, all they'd have to do is go to the library and post or post from home....
No spy gadgets required..... We DO however, crack down on those SAYING they work for such an agency if in fact they do not...as this violates the Terms of the site.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

NO. We KNOW they are...

think it should be the adminstrations job to locate any government agents posting on here. they are not welcome here, and should be banned.

Not at all, some of our most contributing members work for government agencies/contractors, etc. Not to mention, such a search would be futile. If such an agent wished, all they'd have to do is go to the library and post or post from home....
No spy gadgets required..... We DO however, crack down on those SAYING they work for such an agency if in fact they do not...as this violates the Terms of the site.

Interesting.

Care to share which "government agencies/contractors,etc."?

Note please that I am not asking that members be identified....just the agencies/contractors that employ "some of our most contributing members".

Thanks in advance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join