It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes We (still) Can?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I would never defend Bush...

I really hope liberals have more arrows in their quiver than “BUSH DID IT!”

Pathetic!

Look, I don't come here to defend Obama.

I bet you don’t!

I used to, but I don't even care anymore what people here think. ATS is a small segment of the population that's not taken very seriously (and rightly so). You want to think Obama ruined this country? That's fine with me.

Fair enough…I will stick with my narrative not because you said I could but because I know I’m right. Obama said it best.

edit on 21-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

Originally posted by neo96

That was the fear that Obama was going to take over actually... Late 2008, think hard about it... Bush was in office for 8 years, and gas spiked his last quarter in office...

Funny how things turned to crap in 2006 right after the Democrats took over control in the House and Senate.

Its funny how the GOP turn a budget surplus into a massive deficit right after they took
office in 2000

Well Bush and Congress and the Federal Reserve had to deal with a little, itsy bitsy problem in the early 00's.

9-11 caused a massive financial problem.

But then their policies led to a massive financial boom in the mid 00's.

No thanks to the super intellectual, super ultra smart Liberals who were fighting it all the way through.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

That was the fear that Obama was going to take over actually... Late 2008, think hard about it... Bush was in office for 8 years, and gas spiked his last quarter in office...

Funny how things turned to crap in 2006 right after the Democrats took over control in the House and Senate.

Its funny how the GOP turn a budget surplus into a massive deficit right after they took
office in 2000

Well Bush and Congress and the Federal Reserve had to deal with a little, itsy bitsy problem in the early 00's.

which then lead to the eventual bubble-burst, making things far worse than they were before.

As I always say, it is ALL cyclical.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

Yup the DOW is over 12,500 right now as I type

Pretty good -

I'm Owning it all the way

Thank god there have been many smart conservative businesses that have not fallen off the Ultra Liberal cliff.

The Left has been fighting this all the way ......

Some think they want total financial destruction.
(They almost got there in 2007) -- close but no cigar !

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Current bubbles??? Now there wouldn't be any of those under Obama...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

You guys have scared all the liberals away, literally 7/8 th of the liberals here
are gone

Wait... Most of the more liberal-thinking people may be gone from here or don't involve themselves in these discussions, but it's not because they are scared...

My bad... You're right, it's because they are too mature and intelligent

Hopefully one day I will get there too
Like my photo? I flossed my tooth earlier,
looking for a date?

Romney/Bofa 2012

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

what is your point, because you are obviously missing mine? I am not saying that Obama is great. I am saying trying to tie what happens under a president only to that particular term is downright stupid. This has been a 40 year process. Its not just Bush's fault. Its not just Obama's.

It scares me to death to think people are really this short-sighted and naive.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Good, now own the gas prices, the staggering unemployment rate, the number of mortgages underwater, the dramatic increase in welfare recipients, the number of businesses going under, the drop in US credit rating, etc, etc.

You must own it all…Bush has been relaxing in Dallas for almost 4 years; it’s not on his shoulders anymore!

Sure thing

unemployment is going down each month

Exports are up over 30%

The DOW is healthy again

The Federal Government clocked its first Surplus in over four years of $58,000,000,000

Obama has been slapping tariffs on Cheap Chinese government subsidized goods.

The Manufacturing sector is growing faster than it has in over a decade

and Conservatives are voting for an ultra liberal because they are so intelligent

Life is looking up

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Our National debt

From CBS news

National Debt has increased more under Obama than under Bush

Source

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

what is your point, because you are obviously missing mine? I am not saying that Obama is great. I am saying trying to tie what happens under a president only to that particular term is downright stupid. This has been a 40 year process. Its not just Bush's fault. Its not just Obama's.

It scares me to death to think people are really this short-sighted and naive.

Oh it's true

(not speaking about Miss Aphrodite) but these guys are really impaired in general

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Yup the DOW is over 12,500 right now as I type

Pretty good -

Thank god there have been many smart conservative businesses that have not fallen off the Ultra Liberal cliff.

The Left has been fighting this all the way ......

Some think they want total financial destruction.
(They almost got there in 2007) -- close but no cigar !

Like GE

Or

Apple

duuur

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Sure thing

unemployment is going down each month

Exports are up over 30%

The DOW is healthy again

The Federal Government clocked its first Surplus in over four years of $58,000,000,000

Obama has been slapping tariffs on Cheap Chinese government subsidized goods.

The Manufacturing sector is growing faster than it has in over a decade

and Conservatives are voting for an ultra liberal because they are so intelligent

Life is looking up

Life is looking up, huh?? Where do you live?

You might want to notify OWS that things are all good now because Obama has made it all better!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

office in 2000

Uhhh

That boom was the makings of the bust in 2008

You really need to take an economics class

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I am saying trying to tie what happens under a president only to that particular term is downright stupid.

Is that so?

Then liberals need to get on their knees and beg for Bush's forgiveness.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I am saying trying to tie what happens under a president only to that particular term is downright stupid.

Is that so?

Then liberals need to get on their knees and beg for Bush's forgiveness.

quick! deflect, deflect, deflect.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Seems like some people in this thread are expecting their cars filled and their mortgages paid still

edit on 21-5-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

seems like some people in this thread cling to the most pathetic pieces of propaganda they can find....

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Exactly, I am so sick of the false right/left paradigm. Seems we still have quite a few MSM-lovin true believers here. Having their faith dismantled is going to be a painful process.
edit on 21-5-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Vinny5036

It's going to get ugly before it ever even thinks about getting better. Obama plays the race card as well as Romney does (who keep in mind has yet to be declared the candidate). Romney supporters and staff have talked of bringing on Condeleza Rice as a running mate (playing the race card at it's finest). Don't think this is "Kool-Aid" for the suckers? They're one in the same...both are liars, crooks, ignorant, spoiled rotten, rich, and stupid. We'll have 4 more years of Odummy's bull crap if either one takes office.

I tend to agree, but if “CHANGE” is the mantra then don’t you think we need to try something new rather than getting 4 more years of the same? Also, Condi would be a great VP IMO. Why is throwing her name in the mix 'playing the race card' when she's obviously qualified??

I’d take a chance on 4 years of Joe Liberman or (insert politician’s name HERE) before I’d cast a vote for 4 more years of this failure. What say you?

Yeah, you want change? Vote Ron Paul. What do you mean "why is throwing her name in the mix playing the race card"??? What color is she?? I mean, I think she's black, so they pull this woman out of left field. They're doing it to get the black vote, plain and simple, nothing more, nothing less. I'm not so certain she would make a great VP. How is she qualified? Because she was Bush's SOS and NSA? Really? That makes her qualified? What does she know about running a country?

Any time you have a situation in which you are calling for more time rather than calling for Iraq to immediately comply, it plays into the hands of Saddam Hussein.

But I want to just caution, it is not incumbent on the United States to prove that Saddam Hussein is trying to acquire weapons of mass destruction. He's already demonstrated that he's trying to acquire weapons of mass destruction.

I don't think anybody can take the word of Saddam Hussein and his regime, and certainly an American president and allies who are obligated to worry about the safety and security of our countries, cannot take the word of this dictator, who lies, pathologically lies.

The people of the Middle East share the desire for freedom. We have an opportunity - and an obligation - to help them turn this desire into reality.

Pretty scary quotes...don't you think???

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

office in 2000

Uhhh

That boom was the makings of the bust in 2008

You really need to take an economics class

Before I respond,

I will give you time to show exactly how that boom led to the bust. In your words.

I need to locate an essay that explains how the Democrats and RINOs in the 106th Congress allowed the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act to come to be.

At that time, it was well assumed that Al Gore would be President next.
That had the RINOs scared stiff.

But after 9-11, the FED reduced interest rates to damn near 0.

That led to the housing market derivative meltdown. It was planned.

And, the Dem controlled 110th and 111th Congresses paid off the banks, not Bush.
Bush had a gun to his head.

I'll post the essay when I find it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join