It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody out there?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Hello Everyone, How is everybody doing?

I'm aliright...

It's Sunday night and I'm super bored. I don't drink often, but tonight I felt like having a few beers.

So, I walked to the liquor store and stared at a wall of beer for about 30 minutes...

Then it donned (donged? Idk) on me..I don't have a beer to call my own. Like I said, I hardly drink and

when I do I just drink whatever is there. I wanted to buy everything to try it all out but I figured that I

would be crazy stupid drunk before I got to the 3rd 6 pack. I eventually settled on Coors Light.

What is everyone drinking? What is your preferred beverage?

Also...What is everyone up to? I just felt like chit-chattin it up.

Oh and Childs Play 1 is on tv and it's pretty freaky.

edit on 21-5-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Well I am almost off to bed but I will tell you this is what I am drinking!

I cannot drink any of that rice fermented beer. Sorry just tastes horrible! But to each their own. Cheers!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

The word you're looking for is "dawned" on you; as in "the light of dawn."

Coors is not good. Not only are they Nazis, it does the most horrible things to you. See if you can find a nice microbrew--something made by a small US brewery. Look them up on the Internet. There are some big corporations that put out "pretend" microbrews.

If that's too costly for you, maybe try Bud or something. (Never thought I'd be recommending Budweiser to anyone.:lol

When I was in the Navy I was much more of a drinker--and also a lot younger. I could drink all night and work all day, back then. I can't drink at all anymore; it's dire poison to me now.

I haven't seen Child's Play. Maybe I'll look it up.

I gotta get up early. Perhaps I'll talk to you another time....
edit on 5/21/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by restlessinMT

I'll check and see if they have this next time I go! Thanks.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Everyone is going to sleep! lol
Yeah, I don't really like coors. It's hard to swallow. There is a lot of microbrews around here (San Diego). I just didn't know what was good so I just went with what I've had before.

Childs Play = Chucky the killer doll / man

Coors is not good. Not only are they Nazis, it does the most horrible things to you.

HAHA, Had me rolling lol.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I am not a drinker either so I am sorry I can give you a common store brand to consume. When I do drink, I like the darker the better. I asked a friend what the best would be, almost in the same position as you stated in your OP, and he simply said "learn how to brew for yourself, There is time between each batch and you can play with the process until you find what it is you like and it can be a lot cheaper than trying all the 100s of brands" So I pass this advice over to you.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Lol thanks for the advice, I've never thought about brewing my own.
I don't even think I'd know where to begin.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Well, I missed you by 9 minutes. I'm doing okay, I guess. It's about time to get to bed, but I had a long nap earlier in the evening so it will be a while before I actually do fall asleep once in bed.

I think it might be a nice idea to put in my DVD of Heavy Metal movie when I get around to settling down.

I don't care for Coors of any type. I like Yuengling lager, but I don't get that often. I usually pick up a case of it when I visit the state directly south of me. In the meantime, when I do drink beer I usually end up with Corona (not the lite, yech) or Blue Moon wheat beer.

If I'm feeling particularly frisky I'll indulge in some Maker's Mark, but that is rare for me to be able to afford a bottle of that.

I see you're back online now.

edit on 21-5-2012 by kyred because: Cuz I wanted to.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Heavy Metal, That brings back memories...
Never heard of those, besides corona.
Everyone hates coors? lol
I took a nap too, but I don't go to sleep till around 2 am. It's only 11.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Start here:
www.homebrewtalk.com...

There are links to getting your equipment, recipes, etc. Also you can try other types of alcohol until you find what you like.

Edit to add: You can try Beers, Lagers, Meads, Ales, etc. as well as wines or stronger things. I like to make Schnapps from time to time that way I can change up flavors, lol.
edit on 21-5-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Everyone Heard this song? I can't stop playing it.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by GmoS719

Start here:
www.homebrewtalk.com...

There are links to getting your equipment, recipes, etc. Also you can try other types of alcohol until you find what you like.

Sweet! Thanks for the link. I'll look into it.
I know how to make moonshine, no that's distilling, two different things right?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Right, thats distilling and illegal in most states without a license.
I added an edit to say on my last post in case you missed it.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by GmoS719

Right, thats distilling and illegal in most states without a license.
I added an edit to say on my last post in case you missed it.

Yeah, I just saw that.
Illegal without a driver's license? jk

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

LOL i know that beer my fav is Newcastle its the ONE and ONLY.

theres always the good crack of a banquette beer Coors original is great nuthing like a sound of a can of coors opening.

belt is a town near me they have a small brewery and make some good brews harvest moon is probly the only lite beer i enjoy.

CHEERS

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

It's a bit after 2 AM here and that is just about the time I usually go to bed.

I have a fun job, well, fun jobs.....the pay sucks, but they are more interesting than accounting..

I listen to Metal music a lot because I write reviews concerning metal bands. I won't write about any other genre because I'm most comfortable writing my completely unqualified opinions about metal music.

I also promote bands, but not as an official employee of bands. I just promote bands I enjoy via connections with other music people solely for the enjoyment of helping keep metal music alive.

I photograph bands when I go to shows which is frequently. Sometimes I do it for pay.

And I paint on canvas, mostly. I get some bucks from that as well.

I get to chose my hours for working. And usually I work whenever the mood strikes me. Nope, I don't earn much money this way, but then, what do I need with a lot of money? I get my music for free because I review bands and I have an extensive collection of digitized music.

I also get into shows free much of the time and bands reward me for well-written reviews of them by sending me some tokens of their appreciation, like autographed pics, guitar picks, band t-shirts. Not all of them do that, because I don't just write fluff pieces and sometimes I write things bands don't really want to hear. However, I do search for the good things in their music so I can at least write something positive about them.

I've gotten to the point now that managers, promoters and producers sometimes seek me instead of me trying to get with them.

I've taken on interviewing bands as well. And was asked Saturday night if I would interview a band I went to see, not for business, but just for some plain ole headbanging.

And with that, I'm suddenly tired. I guess I bored myself.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

lol missed your post. blue moon is ok but they are a ripoff of the harvest moon micro brew we have out here and not as good.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

LOL i know that beer my fav is Newcastle its the ONE and ONLY.

theres always the good crack of a banquette beer Coors original is great nuthing like a sound of a can of coors opening.

belt is a town near me they have a small brewery and make some good brews harvest moon is probly the only lite beer i enjoy.

CHEERS

I'll see if the store close to me has Newcastle and I'll try it out.
Thanks for the suggestion.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

What an awesome job!
I'm jealous.
What's you favorite heavy metal band?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Ahh another Montanan! Yes I will agree with you Newcastle is the one and only!

That is my favorite beer I just don't have any at this moment.

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join