It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Weinland, Author of “The Prophesied End-Time” & “2008 - God’s Final Witness” Feedback?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Ronald Weinland, anybody read his dibble? Don't know who he is, here he is> ronaldweinland.com... Wrote this nonsense> www.the-end.com...

Anyone else think this guy is full of BS?

edit on 20-5-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I never heard of him checked the site, sounds oddly familiar. Who knows maybe in another life.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

The latest front-man for "The Worldwide Church of God" cult.

He thinks he's one of the two prophesied end-time "Witnesses" (the other one being his wife). Despite the fact that he's never done anything miraculous or prophetic, and despite the fact that both prophesied witnesses were male (in the Greek language used in Revelation, gender is explicit).

His theology is based upon the idea that his particular cult is the only "true" church.

He believes that his church is also the "true" nation of Israel and that God has rejected genetic Israelis.

He believes that the first six seals of Revelation have already been opened (despite the fact that what is described in Revelation is specific and catastrophic in ways we have not seen in history).

He even went as far as to say that the Assyrians (A Semitic, Middle Eastern people) who took the Northern Kingdom of Israel into captivity thousands of years ago, were in fact actually Germans, who took them to Europe. He uses this to support his idea that European and English peoples were actually Jewish.

Although he may appear to have valid points about conformance with traditional Jewish Law by the Christian churches, he has totally ignored the actual reasons the church is NOT another branch of Judaism. As expounded in the book of Acts, Christians were told NOT to follow Jewish customs (like circumcision, sabbath and feast observance, or kosher food laws) and he ignores this.

I have been trying to read through his books because a friend found them challenging, but I am finding it hard going because he compounds one misconception upon another and I keep wanting to throw the book away because it is such tripe (this post is my personal opinion, but please, if you are challenged by his writings, then check them out for yourself. If you are systematic and studious, I'm believe you'll see what is apparent to me).

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Checked his books out last week. Thought some of the points were interesting until I got to him declaring Herbert Armstrong the end-time Elijah. Then the book seemed to devolve into another "I'm right and everyone else is wrong" advertisement for the Worldwide Church of God.

I tried the second book, and gave up when he declared himself one of the two witnesses. Sorry, but if you have to tell everyone that you are one of them...you ain't it.

Don't waste your time. In my humble opinion.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BladeRunner5050

Maybe

reply to post by chr0naut

I've tried to muddle through what the guy yacks, not because I'm interested in what he has to say, but to try to pick out in what he writes that some people latch onto.

Is it that he is supporting already preconceived ideas held by some fundamentalist, preaching to the choir so to speak?

Does he spark the imagination in opening up minds that would ordinarily be shutdown to what he has to say?

If so what is the persuasion technique that he is employing to accomplish that?

It can be discounted that he is simply preaching nonsense to people who go with feeling more than logic and therefore he does not has to communicate much more than feelings that play to a certain religious sect of a fundamentalist Christian belief system. However you can find the same is true when dealing with those who supposedly employ logical thinking tools. For instance, look at my signature, " Life is a pinball machine without flippers because chaos theory is BS. " There is an "accepted" idea that this means randomness exists. LOOK

Source en.wikipedia.org...

Randomness in science Many scientific fields are concerned with randomness:

Algorithmic probability

Chaos theory

Cryptography

Game theory

Information theory

Pattern recognition

Probability theory

Quantum mechanics

Statistical mechanics

Statistics

Even though there are just a few people on the planet that supposedly understand the math involved.

It relies on revolving debate www.physicsforums.com... to exist held up by, "Disprove it if you can?" arguments. And here's another example lofi.forum.physorg.com...

People who can do and understand the math involved refuse to challenge the popular mythical notion because how on Earth could you communicate what is disproved or proven to the mass public? Try to explain that Heisenberg's uncertainty principle does not go far enough and that because the total amount of energy contained in the Universenever changes due to the law of energy conservation predetermines all outcomes from the Big Bang to a possible Big Crunch? Some do www.idsia.ch... One of the books I have I need to finish.

Thing is how can people believe in ideas so passionately based only upon arguments centered on not being able to prove a negative? It would floor me in laughter if it did not have such an impact in stifling the truth.

"Disprove God or my theories on the meanings in religious texts?"

"Disprove randomness or my view of the complicated mathematics involved?" That's like claiming the Winchester Manson floor plan is a rational layout. It is if you believe in ghosts and gobbles of course, and that is a matter of faith.

"They're prophets and the chosen witnesses to God's prophecies say those in the fundamentalist Christian community ."

"They're brilliant mathematicians and physicist and are given creditability within the scientific community to vet themselves.

AKA faith! All of it.

"Disprove my abstract ideas if you can?"

I swear we are becoming more dark with every passing generation rather than becoming enlightened. Because people would rather be intellectually lazy and spineless in not vetting the high priests of BS who have the full backing of whatever lazy establishment is in place at the top of their individual fields. It's the a systemic dynamic that allows con artists to function with credibility deceiving the masses who have to take other people's words for what is called, "accepted truth."

Power to the people! No more prima facie fantasies.

edit on 21-5-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wshadow1
Checked his books out last week. Thought some of the points were interesting until I got to him declaring Herbert Armstrong the end-time Elijah. Then the book seemed to devolve into another "I'm right and everyone else is wrong" advertisement for the Worldwide Church of God.

I tried the second book, and gave up when he declared himself one of the two witnesses. Sorry, but if you have to tell everyone that you are one of them...you ain't it.

I just want to get my head around why people believe such nonsense.

Look at this>

42,000 members in 900 congregations in about 90 countries.[

How can that be?

These people aren't trapped in any type of Jones Town, or Branch Davidian compound.

How can people become so so freaking deceived and delusional? What is the process for that happening?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Originally posted by wshadow1

I just want to get my head around why people believe such nonsense.

Look at this>

42,000 members in 900 congregations in about 90 countries.[

How can that be?

These people aren't trapped in any type of Jones Town, or Branch Davidian compound.

How can people become so so freaking deceived and delusional? What is the process for that happening?

I think part of the issue is that he is passionate about what he believes. People see this and assume it is based upon logic and truth.

He also quotes accepted scriptures extensively but puts his own particular spin on the meanings and audience/s for them, inserting his group, and himself, into what they say. Then when others are challenged that they are, perhaps, not as devout as he and his group, he can point to scripture purportedly showing that he is right.

Many cults and denominations do this, they redefine what is said so that they can be "part of the action".

new topics

top topics

join