It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced Influenza Vaccination for Employment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I work at the Colorado Mental Health Institute of Pueblo, and there has been rumors and talk over the years by our infection control manager of "manditory vaccinations" in order to work for CMHIP. I never really payed much attention to the rumors as I saw manditory vaccinations as severely unethical and so overboard it would be hard to see as a reality. However today when I logged on my work e-mail I was blindsided with this e-mail from our infection control manager ( I like to call her the Paranoid fearmongering control freak manager) anyway, here it is:

The United States Department of Health and Human Services has determined that healthcare workers are under-vaccinated against influenza. Under vaccinated healthcare workers pose a safety risk to patients. To keep our patients safe, the Healthy People 2020 goals now state that healthcare workers must be vaccinated. Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the state of Colorado had to respond to Health and Human Services to implement measures to meet the goal. In February the Colorado Board of Health passed legislation (now it is law) that healthcare workers in Colorado must meet the requirements of the federal government.

This "manditory vaccination" has been a wet dream of hers since I've worked here. Every year I gave her my vaccination declination form she would tell me how I won't be able to decline soon as "their" working on making it manditory.

Anyway to say the least I'm pretty damn upset about this and am trying to think of what course of action I have options to. Quitting isn't necessarily a possibility for me, but neither is getting vaccinated because I'm just not going to let that happen...

I'm hoping my Dr. will be on my side and simply sign a sheet that says that she gave me the shot even though she didnt..which I understand is somewhat unethical...but so is forcing medical interventions on people simply to have a job.

Anyone else have any suggestions on what I might be able to do? Is there a possibility for a lawsuit? Discrimination? etc?

edit on 20-5-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Call some lawyers.

They "tried" this at my former job working with mentally & physically challenged people.
We couldn't be forced to take them, but they used wording that tricked people into thinking so. Many people don't know their rights and think these people are professionals and know what's best for them.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Call some lawyers.

They "tried" this at my former job working with mentally & physically challenged people.
We couldn't be forced to take them, but they used wording that tricked people into thinking so. Many people don't know their rights and think these people are professionals and know what's best for them.

I kinda figured there was a room for legal action on my part as its an attempt for them to force medical treatment on me, that there is no justification FOR. I haven't got the flu in 4 years, this year being the first year in 5. Part of me wants to go the legal rout in spite of them for even attempting to force vaccinations on me or anyone else.

If the flu shot is so awesome at stopping the flu, why force it on people? People with the flu shot should be immune regardless of whos around them spreading it...but they aren't because the shot doesn't work...why get/give/mandate a medical intervention that DOESN'T WORK??

every answer I come up with is a concpiracy heh
edit on 20-5-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm not a lawyer, but would it be possible discrimination?

Another (unethical) thought; I think some people are allergic to one of the ingredients in the shot. Could you declare yourself allergic?

Maybe call ACLU?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
There is no way in hell I will ever take another vaccine again. The only time I ever got a flu shot I got pnuemonia for 7 weeks and had to go through breathing treatments the whole time. I'd get a lawyer and a Dr. on your side. Depends on how well...networked... you are as for the getting a Dr. to write it without administering it. If he has been your Dr. for a long time and is open minded, it's not unheard of.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The internationally renowned, independent and not for profit Cochrane Collaboration have proven that there is no evidence that the Flu Vaccines are safe or effective. They checked out the studies that the companies were using and proved that the 'science' being used is a fraud. This is why we need independent testing, otherwise the 'science' is not 'science' at all, just marketing; of course a company will tell you that the products they sell are perfect.

This study alone is enough to have the whole thing cancelled; the Cochrane Collaboration are as good as it gets

No Value in Any Influenza Vaccine: Cochrane Collaboration Study
www.gaia-health.com...

"This study is damning of the entire pharmaceutical industry and its minions, the drug testing industry and the medical system that relies on them."

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubinstein
The internationally renowned, independent and not for profit Cochrane Collaboration have proven that there is no evidence that the Flu Vaccines are safe or effective. They checked out the studies that the companies were using and proved that the 'science' being used is a fraud. This is why we need independent testing, otherwise the 'science' is not 'science' at all, just marketing; of course a company will tell you that the products they sell are perfect.

This study alone is enough to have the whole thing cancelled; the Cochrane Collaboration are as good as it gets

www.gaia-health.com...

"This study is damning of the entire pharmaceutical industry and its minions, the drug testing industry and the medical system that relies on them."

Thanks for the info and link. Here is a link to the actual study you are refering to: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

which I convieniently e-mailed to the infection control manager here at the hospital

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

In September 2009, news stories reported that researchers in Canada had found an increased risk of pandemic H1N1 (pH1N1) influenza in people who had previously been vaccinated against seasonal influenza. Their research, consisting of four different studies, has now undergone further scientific peer review and is published in the open access journal PLoS Medicine.

phys.org...

In Canada we found I think that the vaccine makes more peope sick when they get it then when they don't:

The further 3 studies (which included additional case-control investigations in Ontario and Quebec, as well as a transmission study in 47 Quebec households where pH1N1 influenza had occurred) similarly found between 1.4𔃀.5 times increased likelihood of pH1N1 illness in people who had received the seasonal vaccine compared to those who had not. Prior seasonal vaccination was not associated with an increase in hospitalization among those who developed pH1N1 illness.

edit on 21-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This is very good to hear Sly1one, and thanks for sharing the link to the original study

Originally posted by Sly1one

Originally posted by Rubinstein

www.gaia-health.com...

Thanks for the info and link. Here is a link to the actual study you are refering to: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

which I convieniently e-mailed to the infection control manager here at the hospital

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

October 16, 2009,
Judge Halts Mandatory Flu Vaccines for Health Care Workers

The New York Times

Dr. Richard F. Daines, the state health commissioner, issued the vaccination requirement in August. Updated, 4:21 p.m. | A judge on Friday morning halted enforcement of a New York State directive requiring that all health care workers be vaccinated for the seasonal flu and swine flu.

cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com...

I hope these references are solid enough and will help communicate the way it is to those that don't get it

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Another expert points out that flu vaccines don't work

articles.mercola.com...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

It's not mandatory. She is skirting the terminology. You do have to conform to government legislation but you can be exempted...you would just need to wear a mask when working with patients. Don't let her bully you.

The Colorado Board of Health on Wednesday approved a plan that would require workers in health care settings to receive flu shots.

The vote was 7-1. The plan would be phased in over a period of 3 years. It will eventually require 90 percent of health workers to get flu shots.

-Snip-

Those not vaccinated would be required to wear masks and the facilities must provide signed medical exemptions for those who don’t receive the vaccine.

Link

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I got a flu shot this year. I've never had one before, and I don't feel like it made any difference one way or another. I still got a couple of little colds and sore throats over the winter, but no stomach bugs, but I never get stomach bugs, so that doesn't mean much.

Don't be scared of the vaccine, it is no big deal, but then again, if you feel like taking a stand, this is as good a place as any! They absolutely cannot force you to get the vaccine. You can oppose it on moral reasons, religious reasons, or health reasons, and you will win on any of the 3. My wife and my youngest son do not get any vaccines, but my oldest son and I do get them. We've never had any trouble from the school or our employers, or anyone else.

If you feel like this is the place to make your stand, then go for it.
But don't do it just because people on ATS are afraid of vaccines, people on ATS are paranoid. Do it for libertarian reasons if you do it.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

We have mandatory vaccinations here as well. You can decline, the 2 main reasons are religious or allergies to eggs.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
reply to post by Sly1one

It's not mandatory. She is skirting the terminology. You do have to conform to government legislation but you can be exempted...you would just need to wear a mask when working with patients. Don't let her bully you.

The Colorado Board of Health on Wednesday approved a plan that would require workers in health care settings to receive flu shots.

The vote was 7-1. The plan would be phased in over a period of 3 years. It will eventually require 90 percent of health workers to get flu shots.

-Snip-

Those not vaccinated would be required to wear masks and the facilities must provide signed medical exemptions for those who don’t receive the vaccine.

Link
\

Yea I was aware of the mask option and she seemed to have intentionally left out of her e-mail...Which I find ridiculous but ill play their little game and wear a mask just for them to see how absurd they are in their reasoning. I'll probably skirt under the radar and will never have to wear the mask anyway, but I am rather uncomfortable with the threats as of late with mandatory vaccinations to keep employment.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Sly1one

I got a flu shot this year. I've never had one before, and I don't feel like it made any difference one way or another. I still got a couple of little colds and sore throats over the winter, but no stomach bugs, but I never get stomach bugs, so that doesn't mean much.

Don't be scared of the vaccine, it is no big deal, but then again, if you feel like taking a stand, this is as good a place as any! They absolutely cannot force you to get the vaccine. You can oppose it on moral reasons, religious reasons, or health reasons, and you will win on any of the 3. My wife and my youngest son do not get any vaccines, but my oldest son and I do get them. We've never had any trouble from the school or our employers, or anyone else.

If you feel like this is the place to make your stand, then go for it.
But don't do it just because people on ATS are afraid of vaccines, people on ATS are paranoid. Do it for libertarian reasons if you do it.

I absolutely agree, and I'm not anti-vaccine because of ATS paranoia lol

I personally am against the vaccines because I like to keep it "real" so to speak and by that I try to keep my immune system up and running on its own without crutches or dependencies that lead to immune system issues in the future. I don't take antibiotics either and am not a germaphobe in most cases, (public restrooms are the exception).

I also am not the type of person that tolerates being forced to do anything...so those two qualities above will ensure I make a stand on this issue.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Sly1one

We have mandatory vaccinations here as well. You can decline, the 2 main reasons are religious or allergies to eggs.

The egg allergy is actually what my Dr. suggested however, our infection control manager has made it ultra clear that we "can't" get out of it because of egg allergy.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Sly1one

This is a sweeping generalization; there are all kinds of people on ATS, including you, so you've just said that people who are on ATS, like yourself, are paranoid and afraid of vaccines, but then you have admitted to receiving the most pointless vaccine of all, which the top scientists in the world have proved doesn't work, they also warned that we do not yet know if it's safe. (info already linked to in thread)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
People with the flu shot should be immune regardless of whos around them spreading it...but they aren't because the shot doesn't work...why get/give/mandate a medical intervention that DOESN'T WORK??

That's what I have always thought.

If they are concerned about the patients getting the fly, they should be the ones receiving the vaccinations, shouldn't they. Problem solved!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Loophole..Thank GOD!! Im thinking the beginning of RFID..they were first created in Colorado back in the 60'S and tested on the pony farm...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join