It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riddle me this christians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

I think you miss the point. If God is all-knowing and all-powerful, then it should have been aware that it was creating a being that was evil... therefore, God has a masochistic side... If God didn't know how Lucifer would turn out, then God is definitely fallible and therefore NOT God...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

I am not stating anything from paradise lost what I am stating is straight from the mainstream religions I was subjected to growing up. Which would be christianity in general and the general beliefs by said christians

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I believe cold is the absence of heat. Darkness is the absence of light and evil is the absence of Love for God.

That in the instances of cold and darkness this may be within or out of our control, but evil is always an individuals choice.

edit on 19-5-2012 by Member2183 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44
satan was god's greatest gift to us....

Here are 24 EX satanists' who would disagree with that statement in a NY minute:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Now we are told that angels do not have free will.

For clearification, do you have a biblical source for this?
I thought Lucifer was kicked out of Heaven due to his own pride and rebellion towards God.

Basically what I am getting at is that by christian belief satan was created by god.

You are right that God created Lucifer and all the other angels. Lucifer became what is known as Satan after being exiled from Heaven. There are no references in the bible that Satan/Devil returned Heaven; therefore, Satan is an earthly entity.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

great 24 christians pretending to be ex satanists to scare people into being good and to believe in the devil

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Good questions, friend. Did you know that asking questions that a person cannot answer enhances the left brain and logical thinking?
I have given this much thought through the years myself. We are told by some that God knows everything from the very beginning. So, if God knew humans would not always bow down and worship him, and would in fact turn away from him, and end up in his Hellfire place, then why create us in the first place? Seems like a moot point to me. Like building a million dollar home that is a fire hazard, you know that one day it will burn down. That fire hydrant out there is the only savior for your house, but is lays rusting, and is never serviced. Then it happens, fire breaks out, the hydrant won't open, and the house burns to the ground.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Originally posted by Murgatroid
NOT trying to be a wise a$$ here but SERIOUSLY.. Have you EVER thought about asking HIM? Some of you will debate this and argue about this kind of thing for DAYS on end but it always comes down to one thing: YOU! Years ago I had a supernatural encounter with God and that was it for me, I KNEW who He was and I didn't have to ask whats up with all this crazy stuff that makes NO sense. You NEED to meet GOD face to face or else you are just wasting YOUR time.

Give him my number and tell him to call me because hes allways engaged and won't pick up

Perhaps your dialing the wrong number?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Pretty much what i said

Follow the rules the ten commandments its that simple.

Following the Commandments doesn't get you to Heaven. The OT and the Law is put there to show us what God's standards are, and how man failed all these years. There's only one way to Heaven. The Thief on the Cross found out who he was, and all he did was ask Jesus to remember him, and he is now in Heaven.

I did not say it did but it helps don't twist my words with your religious babble .
the ten commandments were importan't and it was guidelines to follow .

link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
reply to post by KnawLick

I am not stating anything from paradise lost what I am stating is straight from the mainstream religions I was subjected to growing up. Which would be christianity in general and the general beliefs by said christians

If you EVER decide to go after the TRUTH you will need to start looking outside the little box you have placed God in. Mainstream religion is one of the first mind control tools and MOST "so called" Christians are so far into delusion that they themselves are headed to hell in a hand basket without even knowing it!.

link   
reply to post by autowrench

Good analogy. I have often thought about it in the terms of creating a robot to not do what you want it to so that you can put it in a program where it is in pain for eternity for not doing what you wanted it to

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

great 24 christians pretending to be ex satanists to scare people into being good and to believe in the devil

Better not count me one of them son..are you?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

If you EVER decide to go after the TRUTH you will need to start looking outside the little box you have placed God in. Mainstream religion is one of the first mind control tools and MOST "so called" Christians are so far into delusion that they themselves are headed to hell in a hand basket without even knowing it!.

Agreed. And the way some fully support and talk about Demons, Satan, Devils and such, they will have plenty of company while there.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siberbat

Originally posted by Murgatroid
NOT trying to be a wise a$$ here but SERIOUSLY.. Have you EVER thought about asking HIM? Some of you will debate this and argue about this kind of thing for DAYS on end but it always comes down to one thing: YOU! Years ago I had a supernatural encounter with God and that was it for me, I KNEW who He was and I didn't have to ask whats up with all this crazy stuff that makes NO sense. You NEED to meet GOD face to face or else you are just wasting YOUR time.

Give him my number and tell him to call me because hes allways engaged and won't pick up

Perhaps your dialing the wrong number?
Yeah it was your mum who picked up never mind though .

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

You said,

God is the Creator of all things. But it's His nature to be good, to be perfect. And just because you create something does not give you the attributes of what you create, you simply have knowledge of how to make it, and since God has the knowledge of everything, he is the creator of everything.

Which makes me ask,, is your God Everything,, or outside of that,, and just the Creator of 'everything'?

Maybe he is striving to be good,, but his wrathful nature of the Old Testament , jealous and smiting left and right,, seems a bit contrived when you objectively look at such a wrathful deity. Mind you,,, I understand the likes of wrathful deities such as the Goddess Kali,, whom is loving to her devotees but also a wrathful figure,,, much like your own god, correct?

I know the watch metaphor,,, not really apt IMHO only.
but understand where you are coming from as a believer in Jesus,,, trying to assimilate his wrathful Father figure of the Old Testament

Tough Love Deity,,, I get it.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

The question was aimed at those who believe in mainstream religion. I am not a believer in this god. I believe that there is a god and we are a part of it but MY beliefs are not affiliated with any religions beliefs or sub religions beliefs I see God as everything the sum of the whole and that we exist simply to exist. So thats why this is posted to get the average christian thinking about a huge flaw in their belief system so they can start thinking outside the box and hopefully break the chains their minds are shackled with

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I believe he created us out of his love for life. While he knew many would hate him or leave him he also knew that many would love him and stay. Our salvation from hell has to do with our faith in Jesus Christ not our sins. It is more important that you believe in God than if you sin or not. Forget about sinning and/or evil and first and foremost seek out God all other things will be revealed.

God wants to forgive you, he wants your brothers and sisters to forgive you, and he also wants you to forgive yourself.

Only that angel and his host desire for you to dwell on evil and sin. God wants you to grow and progress. The outcast would rather you have contempt in your heart holding you back forming disbelief and distancing you from your Father rather than drawing you closer.

Focus on Love and Forgiveness. Focus on God.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

HAHA sorry Im lost on this one could be the beer. what exactly are you asking? If I'm a christian? or a satanist/ex satanist?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

The question was aimed at those who believe in mainstream religion. I am not a believer in this god. I believe that there is a god and we are a part of it but MY beliefs are not affiliated with any religions beliefs or sub religions beliefs I see God as everything the sum of the whole and that we exist simply to exist. So thats why this is posted to get the average christian thinking about a huge flaw in their belief system so they can start thinking outside the box and hopefully break the chains their minds are shackled with

Do so but do not push it onto others as it only turns stalemate you got your beliefs they got theirs .
If people do not see things your way you claim them shackled thats a bit harsh is it not buddy boy

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

here you go i found it for you who are these 24 christians then or are you jumping to conclusions because maybe they have read a little from the bible does you cannot make us all out to be christians now does it..

I think you have drank and was merry to much best you get your head down son and come back and read your posts properly is all i am saying before you assume we are all just because we mention god and stuff.

edit on 24 4 2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join