It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riddle me this christians

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
bloodies in the bible bloodies in the book if you don't bloody believe me have a bloody look !

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WarCry

In response to your earlier deleted post.

I encourage you to read all of Isaiah 14:1-32

You had stopped on Isaiah 14:12

Satan was being mocked for trying to exhault himself above God.

A rebellious cast out. His lack of faith was his downfall and his thirst for power corrupted him.

Have faith that Jesus is the true Bright Morning Star as he says. (Revelations 22:16)

Created as an angel of God, Satan made himself an abomination.

edit on 20-5-2012 by Member2183 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
So in reference to christianity... If god is omnipotent... all seeing, all knowing, all powerful. God knew the results of creating lucifer. God knew what lucifer would one day do (remember god is omnipotent now) God knew that humans would sin. He knew that satan would fill all with sinful nature... God knew all this and intentionally created satan/lucifer. Since God is omnipotent he knew what he was creating to begin with. Now we are told that angels do not have free will. So how could lucifer do what he did unless God made him? If god is omnipotent and created angels to be without free will then how could one defy that? Basically what I am getting at is that by christian belief satan was created by god. So was evil. Therefore evil is gods will. Satan has nothing to do with it he is just doing what god wills. So evil is gods will as well as good and god is responsible for all evil as well as good. So why would he send people to hell knowingly influencing them to be evil and commit evil deeds? Why would god knowingly create something just to send it to burn for being what he created it to be?

How would Christians be able to speak definitively on God when the books of the Bible were severely edited and edited again throughout the ages so what we get is someone else's version of Christianity, and no one of modern times has claimed to know God since Christ?

Humans who still needed corralling like wild boars into some form of decent civility have had prophets. Christ was only the most recent and admitted there were others and He was here to edit a former message. All very mysterious and I really don't think it was planned though it may have been written.
All these prophets seem to share a message of peace and a universal code or Supreme Being throughout many languages and to this day abductees report a warning toward nuclear disarmament and even little men who land in spaceships and speak to children are repeating the same thing, plus it makes good sense. Jesus only points to a way and tells us of our father like a big brother around the campfire. We do not meet God until we die and that may be after many incarnations here. I don't know it for a fact but someone in a NDE was told that God is not the light but that the light is God breathing.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I've had this debate with my boss, That story is great and all, but it could just as easily be proven that heat is the absence of cold. Darkness is the absence of Light is the absence of Dark etc...
None of us really know shiv.
Anyone who claims to know God is a liar and/or a fool.
If anyone knew God and why He does what He does then there wouldn't be countless "translations" of writings that are constantly debated over. "Christianity" alone has countless branches of its religion. The various bibles contradict themselves and each other, arguments over translations, etc... All distractions from yourself. We are His Creation in His Own Image.
We need to accept that we can know of God, but not know God. Know thyself.
If there is a judgement, it will be based on our actions we carried out in this life, not on what we thought we did or did not know about our Creator.
Evil is Evil, Good is Good It does not matter where either came from only on how we interact with them on our journey.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Of course you can know God. He is all around us. His words are there for you to discover. It will be your choice whether you choose to seek Him out and/or have faith in Him.

It does matter a lot that you realize where evil and good come from. It is important that you understand different ways evil manifest itself and how to overcome hardship.

God has not only revealed himself to us, but he has revealed the past, present, and our future for validation and guidance.

2 Timothy 4:2-4

God loves you. He has given you life and ultimate freedom. It is your choice alone how you choose to use it.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23
reply to post by Lionhearte

Still I asked,, is he Everything or just the Creator of everything?

Depends.

He is the Creator of Everything, but there's a strong implication you make when you ask "is he Everything?" and that is dangerously walking the border between worshiping the Creator, and worshiping the Creation, which I will not do. My God is the Creator of Everything, and He existed always. I'll say no more.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Yes, because we all profess to have a personal relationship with the ***hole I read about in the Bible.

Sorry, but I'm not the type who has heartfelt sit-downs with the alcoholic father who has visions of grandeur and keeps smacking me for having an opinion.

We spend too much time looking up, and not enough time looking at ourselves. One day, we'll wake up and realize that in all of the time we spent watching the heavens for some sign of Christ, the entire world burned to ashes around us...and we could have prevented it.
edit on CSundaypm424238f38America/Chicago20 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Member2183

Satan was being mocked for trying to exhault himself above God.

Translation: our flaws tempted us to become more beast than man. Nothing outside of us...just our own carnal desires.

A rebellious cast out. His lack of faith was his downfall and his thirst for power corrupted him.

Translation: our temptations are cast down, overpowered by the love in us. Lack of sight was temptation's downfall, and we recognized its undying hunger, and that it would never be fed.

Have faith that Jesus is the true Bright Morning Star as he says. (Revelations 22:16)

Translation: have faith that love for all things will show us what is right.

Created as an angel of God, Satan made himself an abomination.

Translation: created as an aspect of every living thing, this personification is teacher within us all, showing the consequences of our actions and giving true meaning to love and light.

edit on CSundaypm212144f44America/Chicago20 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Is the thread dead yet?

I was looking forward to more... *ahem* interesting rebuttals...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

God loves you.

If he was as bad as you think he was you would not exist any longer.

Instead he is very patient, loving, and granting you total unrestricted freedom to do anything you choose.

Don't worry about this world. You need not worry about saving it, this was never asked of any of us. Chances are it will out live me and you.

As always God leaves your choices totally up to you.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Because a loving god creates a species just to have them serve him and not only utterly debase themselves in his name, but kill his other creations in his name as well.

Additionally, he demands that we do everything his way, but refuses to show any sign of his existence, then throws everyone into hell anyway when he finally comes in, just because we weren't "faithful". Not only this, but he commits genocide to make a point, proving that not only are his definitions of a proper race severely flawed, and that he makes mistakes, but that he isn't perfect.

You are every kind of unthinkably foolish if you serve that kind of god. There is no nice way to say it.

Free will...yeah, serve a bloodthirsty, egotistical God who's proud of his flaws and will kill everyone to make a point, or go to hell forever.

That's a choice alright. Have a middle finger and be happy that you lost a soul in a game of chess, you sanctimonious, lying, delusional wannabe God.
edit on CSundaypm474726f26America/Chicago20 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Because god gave man freewill to test us and i don't follow the bible.

I just want to highlight and repeat the answer.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

We all serve.

I love having a job. Without something to live for there is no need to exist.

I have no problem serving a God that provides me with everything I need. He has created me and allowed me total freedom. He has never required me to kill in his name or even hate anyone. In fact he tells me to do the opposite. That for even those who hate me I should love them and show them compassion and patience.

It is good that you are thinking about God.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Provides YOU. Is that's all that's important? As long as you're warm and fed?

That's one of your problems right there. If God created everything, then why the hell is there murder and rape going on in Iraq? And don't tell me they deserve it.

It's good that I'm thinking about God? Haha...let me tell you something: I hate the Christian God, and I burn Bibles as a hobby. My integrity will not permit me to support such a tyrannical, hypocritical, egotistical, jealous and vindictive being who is proud of all of its flaws, and only created a sentient race so that it would have billions of servants on beck and call.

Yeah, I despise the Christian God. And the only reason I think about him is to wonder why the hell you guys continue to worship him. My disgust does not make me irrational, however...and my very rational, logical, reasoning mindset is the very reason I have so much intense distaste for your god.
edit on CSundaypm505048f48America/Chicago20 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

God loves you.

Your Biblical God loves no one except himself. That much is plainly obvious from a personality profile.

Everything we do, is to serve him. Everything he does, is to ensure we stick around to serve him.

What a fantastic arrangement. I always wanted to be a slave to an omnipotent, jealous overlord...

The modern Christian god belongs in hell with the rest of the narcissistic psychopaths. They should put him in solitary, really. Best place for him. He's too dangerous for society. But still, make sure he goes to hell.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I believe he created us out of his love for life. While he knew many would hate him or leave him he also knew that many would love him and stay. Our salvation from hell has to do with our faith in Jesus Christ not our sins. It is more important that you believe in God than if you sin or not. Forget about sinning and/or evil and first and foremost seek out God all other things will be revealed.

Well, quite steeped in religious imagery and dogmatic thought, aren't we?

Some people, myself inclusive, believe that the Biblical Creation story in Genesis, which states that God made Adam from clay and then made Eve from Adam’s rib, is actually a simplified version of the Sumerian and Babylonian Tablets. These give very complex stories of a non-human and all powerful race of beings engineering human beings by mixing their own DNA, "the stamp of the Gods" with unspecified beings they found here on Earth. Humans were created as a slave race, no love involved. I know what you are thinking, but this version sound a great deal more logical that the Genesis story. And, this story is a lot older.

At the top of this cylinder is a detailed portrayal of the entire solar system, and it is identical to the configuration known to modern science. The Sun/Sol is in the center, which clearly shows the Ancient Sumerians knew all about how the solar system worked. Remember, for many years, we believed that the Earth was the center of our solar system.

The Sumerian Tablets say that the Annunaki arrived on Earth and created humankind. They say the Annunaki created Adam, or "Adama" meaning, "first man" using Genetic Engineering. Another of their cylinder seals depicts fertilisation in a glass tube. This is further confirmed by the Biblical creation story, which says
“Let us make the Adam, in our image and likeness”.
But why would the Annunaki do this, if not for good reason?

"Salvation" means the act of saving or protecting from harm, risk, loss, destruction, etc. If the Annunaki Gods created us, then why send a man to save us from those who created us in the first place? I know what the word means in Theology, but we are talking Ancient History, not religious
theology here. You say "God" wishes to forgive me, which God, (Enki, or Enil) and for which transgression are you talking about? I am sore afraid that when, and if the Annunaki Gods do return, with their "I am Master and Lord, you are slave" mentality, they are going to have a major fight on their hands. They may have created us as we are today, but I shall not bow to them, and neither should anyone. And no one is going to Gehenna, in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, as far as I know, Planning a trip, are we? Trouble is, the actual location is now unknown.

The real Hell. (Greek γέεννα) (Rabbinical Hebrew: גהנום/גהנם)
Unknown valleys in Ancient lands does not scare me, and shouldn't scare anyone.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You want to see God? Look at the number PHI. Look at all of the mathematical coincidences in nature. Look at every geometrical occurrence in the universe...look at geometry in nature, and you will see God.

God doesn't need to have a face, only a presence, a touch of intelligence. The fact that you have a hand to eat with, or an orange that actually tastes good, shows you everything you need to see. You yourself are divine, along with everything around you that wasn't created by man.

Nature is divinity in itself. Something that "randomly" occurs, and yet is so accommodating to our needs, cannot be anything other than divine. Not with so many cards in the deck. So many cards...and picking just the right one. Just the right one to match a dozen other cards picked from other decks containing billions of cards. It's not chance. It's not coincidence. The math doesn't lie. The geometry is the face of your maker. If you want proof, cold hard evidence, Google god and numbers, do your research, and examine the results with an open mind. Exercise your critical thinking, and cast aside all preconceptions. Actually try to accept what you find, try to consider it. You will find the great divinity in all things natural.

Not brainwashing. Not delusions. Not selective acceptance. Pure numbers. Numbers that don't lie, and don't manipulate. Numbers that stand nothing to gain by twisting the truth. Numbers that will not fit if they are not perfect. Perfection in geometry. Geometry in everything.

Welcome to divinity.
edit on CSundaypm050521f21America/Chicago20 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

God provides all of us what we need.

I'm sorry if I came off selfish in my reply.

Sin,Free will, and personal choice is the reason for all the suffering in the world. Every person has freedom to choose right or wrong.

Even if you hate Him, he still loves you. Isn't that awesome? Think of the patience and love it would take to endure who knows how many thousands of years of unjustified misdirected hate.

God is anything other than tyrannical, totally opposite. He has created a world stocked with everything we need and has let us do whatever we choose to do. You can't get any more free than that.

What is wrong with serving? Everything you need provided, total freedom, eternal life, undying love, forgiveness...what is there to hate?

Yes it is very pleasing that you talk about God. It is good when anyone talks about God.

Not only does God love you, but I love you too. I enjoy talking to you about God.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Temptation is a sin according to the Bible.

In History, Sin was a Moon God and overall measurer of time. He was the son of Enil, ans was depicted with a beard of Lapis Lazuli. His wife and consort was Ningal. His children were Ishtar, Shamash, Erish Kigal.
Sin History
I love word origins, don't you?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I have nothing more to say to someone who does not think for themselves. You must learn to exercise your critical thinking if you are to have any more conversations with me, or expect any further replies from me.

See my above post for MY take on god and divinity.

Have a beautiful day.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join