It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about Death

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I have a bad feeling about how this thread will end... but know this is a serious question. IF it wasn't i would have put it in the joke section..

We all have one debt to pay that is unquestionable... Death.

Its an absolute... every last one of us will die one day.

Those that don't believe in God... will see the truth of the matter that day... Your body will die, but you will be conscious...

You will say, "am i not dead?"

And you will be shocked... amazed even...

My question is to those of you that cause harm in this world... Im not accusing anyone of anything, You know who you are...

Those that cause harm to others through actions and words... Yes words can cause great harm

When you meet God on the day of your death...

What will be your excuse?

I don't believe in you perhaps?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
First of all, who's to say the debt being repaid isn't life itself?

Ok...if your scenario would come to fruition my answer would be, "have you no mercy?"
"Why would you allow this intention to manifest? What is the lesson?"

I am not sure that I would need an excuse. I have been a good person and intentionally harmed no one.
Sorry, I just don't subscribe to this judgement element. GOD is in all of us. We are all one and we are without excuse, as perfect as the physical connection will allow.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Speak for yourself some of us never die

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Remember this, in the 'midst of life' we are in death! so you better start living and worry about it all when the time comes . My two pounds worth .

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
Speak for yourself some of us never die

Notice i said "your body will die"?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Nah sorry not happening. Body doesnt die, doesnt grow old. Not all succumb to earthly pleasures

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
That seems more like a personal belief than a fact. I would say having accepted Jesus as one's savior the rest of "harm" or deeds is irrelevant. But hey thats just what I believe I'd sound pretty silly if I made a post claiming to have any idea what the truth is wouldnt I?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Come on, man, "death" is not a debt, it is a reward for a life well done. When you were brought into this world, you only got one real guarantee, that one day, you get a nice dirt nap.

Those that don't believe in God... will see the truth of the matter that day... Your body will die, but you will be conscious...

Well you have that figured out anyway. which god you talking about? I know of a couple hundred of them, and about as many Goddesses too.
Seems like every ET that ever came here posed as a God.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I only know one God my friend... that which is within everything...

Death is a debt... meaning it is owed by everyone...

I didn't mean it in a negative sense

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
You say "those that cause harm through actions and words" like you are not included within this category. If you want to play by religious law, and use propositions from the Bible to support conclusions, then I invoke the idea that no sin is greater than any other. You sin, there is no doubt about that, so why are you calling people out when you fit into the same category? What will YOU tell God. What will be YOUR excuse?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I am not blameless in the least my friend...

I've had many moments of rage... i've caused much harm in my life just like everyone else has...

I am as guilty as anyone... but this isn't about me...

I have no excuses for my actions...

i only hope i will be forgiven for them...

It says...

14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Simply because if im not forgiven... then i am already condemed...

I cause no harm in my life now... i can't even kill a fly

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I would say, why did you create satan so that he tempted me to do that? It was your fault I sinned afterall, you knew I would do it before I was born so why did you send me there?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Can you blame "satan" for your sins?

Do you believe "evil entities" make people do bad things?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MightyQuincunx

If you believe GOD is in all of us can you then:
- create matter out to produce a whole functional planet
- raise yourself from death
- attach functional flesh limbs to amputees
- are you outside of the constraints of time
- can you hear and process everyone's thoughts in the entire universe at once
- can you transport your body with no aids to other planets instantly
- can you blacken out the sun across the whole solar system

There is just a small list of things someone that is a GOD can do, if they can't do that then they are neither GOD nor Divine ect ect
edit on 20-5-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

I would say having accepted Jesus as one's savior the rest of "harm" or deeds is irrelevant.

I don't see where you would get that idea unless you are listening to a false prophet.
Early Christians, such as the one mentioned in my signature as inspiring my avatar, said that the soul is immortal so as to make our perfection (or lack of) in this life relevant.
edit on 20-5-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

If you believe GOD is in all of us can you then:
- create matter out to produce a whole functional planet

Saying, "GOD is in all of us" does not necessarily mean that anyone is claiming to be a god.
"God" could be an expression meant to hearken back to the source of all existence.
Jesus said something like, "before Abraham was, I was", which probably could be taken a few ways.
Somehow he existed in some far distant time, and what is to say that we were not, too?
It is not too hard for people to generally accept the idea that each person chose, before they were born, to come into this world. So why not extend that concept a step farther, and say that we, collectively, decided to not be merely a spiritual something without any substantiality, and decided to bring a universe into existence? Then our choice was one of the nature of our differentiation from the collective, as to the nature of out future substantiality, being fully spiritual in nature (what we would normally think of as the "gods"), or to be of a composite form of the spiritual and the physical (like, human beings).
We would then have a part of the godhead in us, in that we are all from that original collective something before creation.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The point of the post what to try an emphasis the difference between Luciferian teaching which says we are innately Divine and our own god which draws people into the false belief that they need no Jesus in their life because they are already so Whole and perfected. People bandy the word god around like it is old hat. If they really think they themselves are a god then they should be able to do all those things I mentioned, if not then they are not a god and thus should develop a whole new belief-system based on a more solid footing.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I am averse to the idea that we somehow have the ability to break free from earthly existence,
as if we can become gods ourselves as an option.
I think we are stuck with being whatever we, in a general way, are.
That does not make our continued existence automatic.
We need to show ourselves worthy for that, but not for an upgrade to godhood.
Just an improved version of ourselves, I think.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I think that your God and what I am speaking of are two very different things. I am sorry if I wasn't clear about my direction and/or definition. You (I assume) are speaking of Jesus/God?

I am speaking about the energy that is in all of us and shared/shaped by all of us. No disrespect was intended when I used the word GOD. I think that it is for most people a better way to understand the absolute power that we all have. My belief is that we work collectively as one and we can achieve any and all of the things that you listed. Now...if we work to use the negative aspects of our energies then we will struggle. It's kind of like the the ALL is a human form and we stumble because one leg leads to the left while the other leg leads to the right. We will get nowhere fast.

BUT if we work together as one from love we can and will accomplish anything. This is called co-creation and it is my belief that this is how ALL things came into existence. We need to stop dividing and at least start to agree that with love (light/Jesus, etc...) we are the power of creation itself.

While I respect your beliefs, I have to say that in order for ALL beliefs to exist in the same realm we must embrace love itself and allow what is created from that be our reality and interpretation is part of our physical experience.

And to respond directly to all of your statements/questions..."YES" I can do all of those things but not without your help.

Peace
edit on 20-5-2012 by MightyQuincunx because: typo

edit on 20-5-2012 by MightyQuincunx because: last line

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MightyQuincunx

unfortunately, no matter how many people you have come together in collective wholeness you will never have the power over live and death. Scientist now still can not explain the origins of life conventionally (through randomness and evolution). They can have all the building blocks there that go into something that is alive but they can never term these elements from something that is dead to being alive. The only model that fits and satisfies all the fine tuning present to maintain the stability of the cosmos and the issue of the origin of life is an intelligent designer.

How is it what you have come to develop your belief-system....how are the writers that have had a large impact on you in this area?
edit on 20-5-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join