It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bible is a book

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Baron01

Not according to my b in law!!!!!!!!!! Oh and by the way I'm a terrible father for not going to church and brainwashing my children the same way I was

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Baron01

If you can debunk it, i will have my say. So, read on.

The bible foreshadows scientific discoveries:

Pleiades, Orion & Arcturus

Remember the story of Job? He had a real bad time, and thought our Creator was unjust? Then The Creator raised some questions to Job. Three of these questions found in Job 38:31,32 illustrate the dynamic logic conveyed in God’s questions.

"Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades or loose the cords of Orion?"
"or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?"

or Amos 5:8

"He who made the Pleiades and Orion And changes deep darkness into morning, Who also darkens day into night, Who calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out on the surface of the earth, The LORD is His name."

What Holds the Earth Up?

Hindu scriptures recorded the earth was resting on the backs of several huge elephants. The elephants were resting on the back of a very large turtle that was swimming in a sea. Greek mythology claims that the god Atlas was holding the earth on his shoulders. But the Bible says in Job 26:7 "hangeth the earth on nothing." The earth is suspended in space. Nothing is holding it up. Job wrote about the same time the Hindu Scripture was written. Then tell me, how did Job know this scientific fact?

Round Earth:

The prophet Isaiah 40:22 spoke of the "circle of the earth." Solomon wrote, "He set a compass [circle] upon the face of the deep." Proverbs 8:27. This was not discovered until 500 years ago.

The Ocean:

Until modern times people thought the ocean floor was sandy like the desert and saucer shaped, deepest in the middle. This was even true of the pre-1900 geologists. But in the 1900s oceanographers found the sea had many deep valleys or canyons. The deepest canyons were called trenches. The Marianas Trench in the Pacific is so deep that if Mt. Everest was dropped into it, the peak would still be a mile below the water’s surface. There are also underwater mountains. The Atlantic Ocean contains an undersea range of mountains thousands of miles long.

In addition, the Bible spoke of the valleys and mountains of the sea, 2,000 years ago. In Psalm 18:15 (NIV) David wrote of God being the creator of "the valleys of the sea." God asked Job Job 38:16 "Have you walked in the recesses [valleys] of the sea?"

The prophet Jonah was thrown off a ship and spoke of falling to the bottom of the mountains in the sea Jonah 2:6: "I sank down to the very roots of the mountains. I was imprisoned in the earth, whose gates lock shut forever. But you, O LORD my God, snatched me from the jaws of death!"

The Book ain't junk, imo and belief.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: added/spelling

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baron01
and a book is written by people, not by God. People like to make up non-truth stories and shove it down the throat of others.

1st, if you were to believe in a Creator would mean you have love for life and 'that' which made you. If you do not, you have no point to live - in other words you are a hater of life.

2nd, if you loved life you would understand the 'spirit' has an influence on it.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

The bible is actually the most historically accurate book ever written....not only does it give names of kings and places that were never thought to exist but were later discovered in archeological digs. Stories in the Bible thought to be 'myth' such as the universal flood, the exodus from Egypt and the origins for species have all been proven through geology, archeology and science. Not to mention the hundreds upon hundreds of prophecies in the Bible that are absolutely spot on accurate that can be confirmed with the historical record.

The Universal Flood

Exodus from Egypt confirmed

www.arkdiscovery.com...

site of the Rea Sea crossing with of the Egypt Chariots wheels spread across the entire length of the pass!

I would recommend watching more in the Genesis Conflict series by Zoological Professor Walter Veith

And read the book 'The case for a creator' by Lee Stroble.....anyone holding macro-evolution and big bang theory as their guides will have no legs to stand on if they honestly look at those sources.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Baron01

Bush is a member of Skull and Bones and is a generational Satanist, that's the higher power he serves

Obama 33degree Lucifer worshiping Freemason

If your are going to be so easily deceived by God's enemies hiding in amongst the rest I suggest it is best just to put your head in the sand

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

You may be too young to know this, but do you know that most of the authors who wrote the bible were actual historians? Historians attempt to recreate history. In a nut shell, they attempt to put Humpty Dumpty back together again so we can see him for what he really was.

So as far as your part of half truths, I would strongly disagree. Many other history books (scrolls), from Greece and ancient Rome can substantiate many of the findings in the bible. Not only that but attempt to study some archeology or biblical archeology. This field of study has backed MANY claims found in the bible.

Your problem, or whatever reason, is your so out against authority and those in position to teach you, you could be staring at the truth and not even know it. Think about that for a second, kind of scary. Always keep an open mind. Always.

Slow down on the preaching and if you really want the truth. Open up a book. Talk to a history professor. Find a library. I’m not saying to do this because you’re uneducated. I don’t know if you are or aren’t. But many of these sources can give you a little bit more insight or enlightenment in to your findings. But whatever you’re looking for, keep an open mind.

You’ll be in my prayers.

I agree with everything you've said. I myself need to take the logs out of my own eyes so that I can see clearly to remove the specks from other's. Please, anyone who is a believer in Jesus, send up a quick prayer for me. I think that Jesus had in mind that the number of believer should multiply. He is coming soon and I want to be ready.
The harvest is great but the workers are few, hopefully we who believe that Jesus is real can pray for more workers instead of telling others that work is no more effective than dirty rags.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

How insulting! Are you a Freemason? No. I am not either, but know enough about Masonry to know better than that. If not for the Masons, friend, my lovely daughter would not be alive today. The Masons I know are good people.
Lucifer is a Latin word, made up by the Roman Church anyway.

I'll give you the Bush thing.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Do you know the reason Freemasons are called Satanic by the Church?

Take a look at all of their symbolism...taken from faiths that were demonized, half of whose beliefs were stolen and indoctrinated into the Church so as to ease the conversion process. Which means that most Christians nowadays are only half Christian...considering most of the holidays and concepts they worship weren't even Christian to begin with.

The reason Freemasons are called Satanic is because every value, ideal, and concept that hold dear comes from worshiping nature, and the divinity displayed within...and the Church isn't natural in the least. On top of that, all of their divinity comes from "This guy said this, because we say he did. So either believe us, or you go to hell." If they concede to nature, they lose power. And its by their power that we are held in thrall. The Church believes that if they are not in control, we will revert to our barbaric ways. They consider themselves the Educational Board of Civilization.

I have often said that Satan is the darker half of our nature, not an external entity. Lucifer is the mastering of this darker half, leading to perfect balance of human nature. The Church isn't about balance...it's about erring on the side of caution. But if you err on the side of caution too much (since we are a species of extremes, as I have also stated - we have to constantly be in motion, and whichever side we lean to, we will take it all the way in order to feel purpose in life...hence the need for enemies) you will forever be watching your back, convinced something is after you or that something is going to go wrong.

That's where the Christian paranoia and control-freak-ism comes from.

I'll admit this is traditional Christianity, and not entirely accurate in the modern world...but traces of it can be seen everywhere, especially in those who hold the Bible literally. Why? Because if the Bible is wrong, then they have nothing else to believe in. I can understand this...

But if you hold onto an imaginary lifeline, what's keeping you from drowning? Something else is. And if you consistently cling to that imaginary lifeline, you will never understand the true nature of your safety, and thus, you will forever be clinging by a thread, waiting for that lifeguard who may never come.

That's why you rely on the person who is most pertinent to your life: yourself. If you refuse to save yourself when you need to, refuse to take responsibility for your own soul, why should anyone else? Hold yourself accountable to yourself. Otherwise, you can't trust anything in life.

edit on CSundayam282838f38America/Chicago20 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I actually want to be a Mason.

Their ideals are more attractive, accurate, and generally more logical than anything else I have seen touted in America.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

He is coming soon and I want to be ready.

Do you even listen to yourself?

You want something to believe in? Believe in yourself. Not a dead man. If you can't save yourself from your own actions, then no one can.

I find it a little saddening that people continue to rely on an ancient corpse to provide salvation from their own nature. It's like they've given up on even trying to control their lives.
edit on CSundayam191940f40America/Chicago20 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You are partially correct. 98% odd of Freemasons aren't and they are good people. The highest degrees though are Luciferian. 33rd Degrees definitely are and 30th, 31st and 32nd 'may' have been if deemed acceptable to tell. The majority are cover for the few.

Albert Pike says,

That which we must say to a crowd is- We worship a God, but it is the God that one adores without superstition. To you, Sovereign Grand Inspectors General, we say this, that you may repeat to the Brethren of the 32nd, 31st and 30th degrees- The Masonic Religion should be, by all of us initiates in the high degrees, maintained in the purity of the Luciferian Doctrine. If Lucifer were not God, would Adonay whose deeds prove his cruelty, perdify and hatred of man, barbarism and repulsion of science would Adonay and his priests, calomniate him? Yes, Lucifer is God, and unfortunately Adonay is also god. For the eternal law is that there is no light without shade, no beauty without ugliness, no white without black, for the absolute can only exist as two gods: darkness being necessary to the statute, and the brake to the locomotive. Thus the doctrine of Satanism is a heresy; and the true and pure philosophical religion is the belief in Lucifer, the equal of Adonay; but Lucifer, God of Light and God of Good, is struggling for humanity against Adonay, the God of Darkness and Evil

Instructions to the 23 Supreme Councils of the World, July 14, 1889. Recorded by A. C. De La Rive in La Femme et l'Enfant dans la Franc Maconnerie Universelle on page 588

The Jesuits control the highest degrees of Freemasonry and when you are of high degree, your loyalty and orders are that of the Vatican
edit on 20-5-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by Wonders

He is coming soon and I want to be ready.

Do you even listen to yourself?

You want something to believe in? Believe in yourself. Not a dead man. If you can't save yourself from your own actions, then no one can.

I find it a little saddening that people continue to rely on an ancient corpse to provide salvation from their own nature. It's like they've given up on even trying to control their lives.
edit on CSundayam191940f40America/Chicago20 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Jesus is alive. Yes, I do think about what I write before I write it.
Clearly you do not have an accurate understanding of the bible.

Jesus said that by our words we are justified and by our words we are condemned.
It isn't what goes into the body that makes us unclean but what comes from our mouth that defiles us, a person who is able to control their tongue has control over their body as well.
Christians are made unfruitful when they are led to believe that they can not control whether or not they sin.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Jesus is alive.

Would you kindly put him on the phone then?

Yes, I do think about what I write before I write it.

...really? Wow. That was convincing.

Because the Bible is obviously so clear-cut to begin with...

Jesus said that by our words we are justified and by our words we are condemned.
It isn't what goes into the body that makes us unclean but what comes from our mouth that defiles us, a person who is able to control their tongue has control over their body as well.
Christians are made unfruitful when they are led to believe that they can not control whether or not they sin.

And yet they have confession, where they completely erase themselves of all the sins they committed the previous week and will perfect the following week.

Such a flawed system...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Okay. Here's the problem with Christianity, or any organized religion for that matter. Sure, it provides a guideline to those who desperately seek a "meaning" to life and need something to believe in. It also provides places of gathering, in which you may go to worship and to be engulfed in an extremely comfortable cocoon... of pure mass ignorance. Surrounded by those who just happen to share, and agree with, every detail of your "set in stone" belief system. A mass brainwashing bliss, which garners its strength, solely, in numbers. The more that believe what you believe, the more you are assured that your beliefs are undoubtedly correct. They are no longer your religious "beliefs", but become your religious "knowings". Life can seem so much smoother without having to deal with that pesky "Why am i here?" riddle, or the depressing "What happens after we die?" thing. No worries, life... is.... goood. WRONG!! The aforementioned scenario causes worldwide discrimination and separation amongst the Human race. Resulting in countless wars, pain, anguish, and more death in the name of religion, than famine, disease and natural disasters combined. Seems more like the workings of an undermining Devil than of a loving God. But thats not even the part i have the biggest problem with. I can ALMOST justify all the death as being a very consistent and effective form of population control. The most damning effect (organized) religion has had on our race is a planetary closing of the Human mind and the weakening and eventual "death" of the common Human consciousness which connects us all. Evolution thrives with an open-mind. A mind open and eager to ALL possibilities, in EVERY aspect, throughout our entire life. On a PERSONAL journey, living, learning, observing, adjusting and Evolving. Its built in, by nature, to us and our planet. Religion has all but stopped the natural evolution of the Human Spirit, the Soul. We've slowly been spiritually dumbed-down for the past 2000 years and now believe we have actually begun to "devolve" Government and Church have truly changed us into zombie-like sub-humans, deserving of the name "sheeple". Take the Power Back!!! much love

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Jesus is alive. Yes, I do think about what I write before I write it.

And I suppose that you have a perfect understanding of the Bible, is that what you are interfering here?
Many, including myself, believe that the Tomb of Jesus has been found, containing his bones, and those of his Wife.

Has the tomb of Jesus been found?

Jesus 'Tomb' Controversy Reopened

Scholars claim to have found Jesus' tomb

Now as I understand from reading other Christians in this forum, the Spirit is not Immortal, and any Spirit/Ghost a Christians sees, or experiences is in fact a Demon.

So, can you please explain this Jesus you say is alive? Can you post a photo, or a least a drawing of how he looks to you? Do you know his address? I hate you draw you out like this, but you made the statement, friend.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

Originally posted by Baron01
and a book is written by people, not by God. People like to make up non-truth stories and shove it down the throat of others.

1st, if you were to believe in a Creator would mean you have love for life and 'that' which made you. If you do not, you have no point to live - in other words you are a hater of life.

2nd, if you loved life you would understand the 'spirit' has an influence on it.

I am the creator.

Seriously, what kind of logic are you using? Dumbed down too much?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I understand you saying "hey it's just a book".

I really do.

At least there are some real place and people names that actually existed in it.

Not saying I believe the message or the details...

But where is all the ATS ridicule for the Book of Mormon???

Its story of how it was written and the contents is even more ridiculous in my opinion than the bible, yet it slips under the BS radar on ATS somehow.

I just don't get it.

edit on 5/23/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: sp

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

What about the legend that Jesus escaped with Mary to live in what is now France, and their bodies are buried in the mountains?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

According to the book "The Templars and the Grail: Knights of the Quest", by Karen Ralls, and other sources I came across during my Grail Quest it was Miriam and her and Christ's daughter Sarah who landed in France.

According to various legends, during a persecution of early Christians, commonly placed in the year 42, Lazarus, his sisters Mary Magdalene and Martha, Mary Salome (the mother of the Apostles John and James), Mary Jacobe and Saint Maximin were sent out to sea in a boat. They arrived safely on the southern shore of Gaul at the place later called Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer.
source

The Black Madonna is the hidden secret in the heart of Catholicism, the old often demonised pagan goddess tradition actually thriving in churches today, though to those who worship her she is the Mother.

In some cases Black Madonnas are the oldest of statues. Often Catholic churches and cathedrals were built on top of former goddess shrines and in the case of at least some Black Madonnas, for example at Chartres Cathedral near Paris the original statues now worshipped as Black Madonnas may in fact have been originally pagan goddesses who were renamed to transfer worship of the Earth Mother to the Virgin Mary.

In France, where the majority of Black Madonnas are found, indigenous mother goddess worshipping traditions date back to the Goddess of Laussel, found in the entrance to an Ice age cave in the Dordogne region in central France. She was crafted around 23,000BCE and is important because she is the first representation of the Earth Mother as a lunar deity. She holds in her right hand a bison horn, shaped like the crescent-Moon. The horn is divided with 13 marks probably representing the 13 moons in a lunar year. Her other hand touches her womb.

source
The legends say nothing of Christ being with the party that landed, but, of course, they could be wrong.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Probably an attempt to cover the truth.

Imagine how many factions would kill to keep the truth a secret...all of their faith, all of their delusions, their distaste for science and the human obsession for progression...all overturned and justified by the recovery of pure, unadulterated evidence that Jesus did not, in fact, die a holy death.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join