It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bible is a book

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Wonders

Jesus is alive. Yes, I do think about what I write before I write it.
Clearly you do not have an accurate understanding of the bible.

And I suppose that you have a perfect understanding of the Bible, is that what you are interfering here?
Many, including myself, believe that the Tomb of Jesus has been found, containing his bones, and those of his Wife.

Has the tomb of Jesus been found?

Jesus 'Tomb' Controversy Reopened

Scholars claim to have found Jesus' tomb

Now as I understand from reading other Christians in this forum, the Spirit is not Immortal, and any Spirit/Ghost a Christians sees, or experiences is in fact a Demon.

So, can you please explain this Jesus you say is alive? Can you post a photo, or a least a drawing of how he looks to you? Do you know his address? I hate you draw you out like this, but you made the statement, friend.

Of course I don't have a full understanding of the bible, therefore my understanding of it is not accurate in the sense that you use the word, all encompasing knowledge of the bible, but it's not for being willfully ignorant. I don't believe the same things that Christians do, I am not a Christian. The bible, imo, is provable. The Holy Spirit is very much real. I made the statement and am sticking to it. However, you are responsible for what you believe, seek and you will find. I can not save you, that is up to you. Evidence is available to those who look for it, I have seen felt and heard my evidence enough that there is no doubt in my mind that God is very much real. Jesus told his disciples, to you it has been given to understand the mysteries of the kingdom, but to them it has not. I can't give you faith, but God can since he is the author and finisher of "our" faith.
Luke 16:31 He said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.’”
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames
reply to post by Baron01

What Holds the Earth Up?

Hindu scriptures recorded the earth was resting on the backs of several huge elephants. The elephants were resting on the back of a very large turtle that was swimming in a sea. Greek mythology claims that the god Atlas was holding the earth on his shoulders. But the Bible says in Job 26:7 "hangeth the earth on nothing." The earth is suspended in space. Nothing is holding it up. Job wrote about the same time the Hindu Scripture was written. Then tell me, how did Job know this scientific fact?

Round Earth:

The prophet Isaiah 40:22 spoke of the "circle of the earth." Solomon wrote, "He set a compass [circle] upon the face of the deep." Proverbs 8:27. This was not discovered until 500 years ago.

The Ocean:

Until modern times people thought the ocean floor was sandy like the desert and saucer shaped, deepest in the middle. This was even true of the pre-1900 geologists. But in the 1900s oceanographers found the sea had many deep valleys or canyons. The deepest canyons were called trenches. The Marianas Trench in the Pacific is so deep that if Mt. Everest was dropped into it, the peak would still be a mile below the water’s surface. There are also underwater mountains. The Atlantic Ocean contains an undersea range of mountains thousands of miles long.

The Book ain't junk, imo and belief.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: added/spelling

Astronomers of that time, such as Eratosthenes, had surprisingly accurate calculations of the Earths circumference and its distance to the Sun. There were also several mappings of the entire planet. But, these things were probably not known by the majority of the population for many years. I imagine that info and knowledge spread extremely slowly back then. And i'd say its safe to assume that the writers of the bible had access to all of this "new" knowledge.
But, your post does support the fact that Humans tend to cling to ridiculous beliefs hundreds of years after these beliefs are dismissed by scholars and by those who study these things their entire lives. Aaah, the irony.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I would suggest to you the OP to start a thread that says that the Koran is just a book and that Mohammed was not a prophet and then give your address and see how many people of the religion of peace come and visit you.. See you won’t do that because it is so easy to bash Christianity because Christians won't come to your home and cut your throat or cut you head off. Grow some nads and please bash Islam and see what happens and be sure to give your name and address so they can find you.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
reply to post by SpearMint

The bible is actually the most historically accurate book ever written....not only does it give names of kings and places that were never thought to exist but were later discovered in archeological digs. Stories in the Bible thought to be 'myth' such as the universal flood, the exodus from Egypt and the origins for species have all been proven through geology, archeology and science. Not to mention the hundreds upon hundreds of prophecies in the Bible that are absolutely spot on accurate that can be confirmed with the historical record.

Yes. But, unfortunately, they filled in the blanks (that which was not known as fact) with nonsense. Rather than leave the "record of man" so full of holes, they would rather fill those holes with myth and speculation. BIG mistake.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baron01
1st, if you were to believe in a Creator would mean you have love for life and 'that' which made you. If you do not, you have no point to live - in other words you are a hater of life.

2nd, if you loved life you would understand the 'spirit' has an influence on it.

I am the creator.

Seriously, what kind of logic are you using? Dumbed down too much?

You said you're the Creator and I'm dumb? Ok...

First before any loigc you must have faith, I am not asking you to have it either.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Obama 33degree Lucifer worshiping Freemason

Do you know the reason Freemasons are called Satanic by the Church?

Take a look at all of their symbolism...taken from faiths that were demonized, half of whose beliefs were stolen and indoctrinated into the Church so as to ease the conversion process. Which means that most Christians nowadays are only half Christian...considering most of the holidays and concepts they worship weren't even Christian to begin with.

The reason Freemasons are called Satanic is because every value, ideal, and concept that hold dear comes from worshiping nature, and the divinity displayed within...and the Church isn't natural in the least. On top of that, all of their divinity comes from "This guy said this, because we say he did. So either believe us, or you go to hell." If they concede to nature, they lose power. And its by their power that we are held in thrall. The Church believes that if they are not in control, we will revert to our barbaric ways. They consider themselves the Educational Board of Civilization.

I have often said that Satan is the darker half of our nature, not an external entity. Lucifer is the mastering of this darker half, leading to perfect balance of human nature. The Church isn't about balance...it's about erring on the side of caution. But if you err on the side of caution too much (since we are a species of extremes, as I have also stated - we have to constantly be in motion, and whichever side we lean to, we will take it all the way in order to feel purpose in life...hence the need for enemies) you will forever be watching your back, convinced something is after you or that something is going to go wrong.

That's where the Christian paranoia and control-freak-ism comes from.

I'll admit this is traditional Christianity, and not entirely accurate in the modern world...but traces of it can be seen everywhere, especially in those who hold the Bible literally. Why? Because if the Bible is wrong, then they have nothing else to believe in. I can understand this...

But if you hold onto an imaginary lifeline, what's keeping you from drowning? Something else is. And if you consistently cling to that imaginary lifeline, you will never understand the true nature of your safety, and thus, you will forever be clinging by a thread, waiting for that lifeguard who may never come.

That's why you rely on the person who is most pertinent to your life: yourself. If you refuse to save yourself when you need to, refuse to take responsibility for your own soul, why should anyone else? Hold yourself accountable to yourself. Otherwise, you can't trust anything in life.

edit on CSundayam282838f38America/Chicago20 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Thank you Starchild23, I would equate Free Masons to devil worshipping - one because they are secretive - how I am going to believe in a faith that keeps itself secret in the world? To me that is certainly going against God. Also, the Denver Airport is all I need to get on my knees and cry out to God for humanity - I mean really that is the lowest of all lows, that our own government would make plans to enslave us because they want to reduce the worlds population and rule the entire globe, that is a nightmare in reality, worse than all the abductions and alien visitations.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join