It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new ATS avatar, your thoughts..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
just curious what people's reaction is, at first glance and on closer inspection of my new avatar.

i think it's amuzing, for reasons I'll explain later..

but what comes to you when you see it, and does it make you wonder, and if so, what about..

curiously, and thanks in advance for the feedback.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 18-5-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

It speaks to me about my wife

Kidding of course!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Ha! Now that's funny, as long as you don't share the joke with your wife.

But both are green, as is the logo - so taken contextually, what you do think it might mean, for you?

I appreciate the impressions, thanks.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Nature is cruel yet fascinating.

You seem to have been in the right place at the right time to have snapped a hapless grasshopper, trapped in the jaws of snapdragon. (or is it a venus flytrap? ... not much on plants)

Anyway it is a great shot and an original avatar! Well done!
What is the background story?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by XXXN3O

Ha! Now that's funny, as long as you don't share the joke with your wife.

But both are green, as is the logo - so taken contextually, what you do think it might mean, for you?

I appreciate the impressions, thanks.

Well for me, im thinking more along the venus fly trap angle of things rather than colour.

A seductive flower that lures your in and traps you when you are most comfortable like a beautiful woman.

Maybe you should try the debate threads if your debate skills are like the picture

It is pretty amazing how people see something so different in the same picture.
edit on 18-5-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Trapped in a slow death that's what it makes me think of. I like it. Makes me think of our government, the value of a dollar and the declining way of life on this plant at times.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

It speaks to me about my wife

How true in so many ways.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
neto, looks cool.

im liking the oh crap save me look.
edit on 18-5-2012 by NISMOALTI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Just a thought, would a grasshopper not be able to chew his way out?

( think locust plague and the destruction they cause.)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timely
Just a thought, would a grasshopper not be able to chew his way out?

( think locust plague and the destruction they cause.)

In other words,there is hope in those trapped by the ever enticing fruits that traps us all.
Nice metaphor.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Or you actually put the critter in that position, and you are assuming you are god!

Evil!!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Or is it the illusion of being trapped that saps the will to fight?

Was this meant to be a Zen kinda thread?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

It has that Little Shop Of Horrors feel to it!

Personal Disclosure: FEED ME SEYMORE! FEED ME!

COOL!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Poor little dude, he looks so trapped, jailed

I do like it though

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It's hard to be objective now that I'm only looking to see what I think.

I see a larger form of life trying to entrap the smaller life form, but the trapped one has a way out and is making plans.

ETA not sure what both being green means, could it be camouflage, as to blend in to your pray unnoticed?
edit on 18-5-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Grasshopper - Us

Venus Flytrap = US Government / Police State

What that what you were going for?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I think he's smiling a Cheshire cat type knowing smile, equanimous, without a care in the world, his antennae (as a type of communication.. or sensitive awareness.. alertness!) plainly liberated beyond the green-white jaws of death, as if to convey, with awareness and understanding, but without any concern "hey we all have a role to play"..

But the context can then be expanded to include the ATS logo as possibly being descriptive of something as well, in relation to the whole image, being also of the same green taken as an average between the plant and apparent victim, as if to say that there may be something about ATS itself, as a type of communication medium, and our own role as active and willing participants, drawn here, only to find ourselves thereafter residing in the "Hotal California" where "you can check in, but you can never leave".

ATS is neutral.. or is it?

Could be it's a "watched channel", like some sort of double or quadruple reverse psy-op? You'd probably be amazed to see the entire visitor IP address listing that passes through here, and returns day after day, cataloguing, sometimes participating in subtle ways... But if so, who's REALLY in the trap then...

from that perspective, it's like a quadruple bind set by me (as a flytrap of symbolic meaning and significance), since it symbolizes the higher awareness of what might be occuring, allowing us the courage to sit calmly and equanimously in the flytrap with self awareness, our antennae extended, speaking truth to power in ever growing numbers ie: we KNOW we're in the trap that was set, but we also know we can spring it, by recognizing it for what it is, even that some among us (in this case me for creating it as a symbol) might have already come along and sprung on our own behalf before we even know what was happening (if so you're in my trap, but it's the trap that set's you free).

It has this kind of self-reinforcing, self-referencial quality to it, once an honest inquiry is made into what it might possibly mean, taken both in parts and as a whole.

Is that little smiling grasshopper dude me, is it you, is it all of us, trapped by the government, or is it them trapped by US, and is ATS a force for good by speaking truth to power, or, a psychological honey pot by which certain PTB can figure out precisely what we're all thinking, and then create new wedge issues, and policies both short and long term to deal with us or, once again, sideline us (the self aware little man), along with our growing Civil Conscious Awareness..?

Or maybe that's just going a little too far... I don't know.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 18-5-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
He actually looks pretty snug and content, all cosy in his natural camping sleeping bag!
I feel the need to read the novel The Hungry Hungry Caterpillar and tuck him in!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

It's a cool avatar.
Makes me want to bite down and crunch the grasshopper.

new topics

top topics

join