It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

disturbing NEW main-stream Televison shows..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
i followed a link i will post in a sec...

i was SHOCKED to see the New-for-fall Television shows already slotted and scheduled..

here is a few Examples of themes ;

haunted apartment building --ABC

A strange one---when his wife is abducted by Nazis trying to birth the Antichrist.---ABC

a town populated entirely by aliens in disguise--ABC
cdn-thumbs.viddler.com...

this one takes place 15 years after Earth's electricity goes out and does not come back on.
www.youtube.com...

see others i cant find URL's for here main site
io9.com...

weird stuff Armegeddon with comericals

WEIRD!!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Panem et circenses bread and circuses

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It's 2012.. I don't see anything more nefarious than that. Shows like Falling Skies and Jericho proved a winning genre with enough people, so they're taking it further. As usual, they're probably going a few steps right past the point of decency and good taste, but this is Hollywood. What did we expect?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Television caters to what's popular in the culture at the moment.

Currently, that's apocalypse 2012 and the paranormal. Give it a year or two, then we'll move on to the next big social fad.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The one about the electricity going out sounds and looks a lot (watched the trailer) like a book series by the author named S. M. Stirling, the series name is: The Emberverse. The book series unlike the TV series portrays that; Electricity, guns, explosives, internal combustion engines, and steam power no longer work. A little different than the tv series

Very good books.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by darrman

Panem et circenses bread and circuses
couldnt have said it better myself. E.G. The news line up of the MSM propaganda machines for today:

Donna Summers
Travon & Simmerman
Kennedy wifes death
usual election crap

Good distraction from what ever the hell is really going on in the world!
NATO summit, Chicago protests, G8 Summit, Middle east situation, China/US financial situation. Iceland's dept solutions, Keenan World Bank law suit and ????

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

This is a perfect example of why I quit watching tv years ago. I have discovered that there is a large segment of the population that has turned it off as well. With the technology and more channels there is less and less worth watching. If they turned all of it off tomorrow I wouldn't even know it let alone care about it.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
The one about the electricity going out sounds and looks a lot (watched the trailer) like a book series by the author named S. M. Stirling, the series name is: The Emberverse. The book series unlike the TV series portrays that; Electricity, guns, explosives, internal combustion engines, and steam power no longer work. A little different than the tv series

Very good books.

Very similar to Shifting from B.V. Larson, but this one involves magic. You may like it.

edit on 18-5-2012 by Patifier because: Mixed up the titles, been reading too much.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

I'm surprised there not all cop shows.

My best guess about 2012 is similar to the Revolution show, a black out that doesn't end.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I dont have cable, so I actually find myself watching re-runs of the old black and white TV shows. They may be 'outdated' but still none the less intertaining. Just last night I watched 2 episodes of the "Honeymooners" and a few episodes of "The Twilight Zone".

My wife was out of town and when she called me, she asked what I was doing. I replied, "Watching the twilight zone." She asked if that was some new TV show, because she had never heard of it.
I couldnt beleive it, so I immediatly made the sound of the opening show credits, "Doo Doo Doo Doo......Doo Doo Doo Doo." She said "Ohhhhhhhh, that show"

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Television caters to what's popular in the culture at the moment.

Currently, that's apocalypse 2012 and the paranormal. Give it a year or two, then we'll move on to the next big social fad.

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
It's 2012.. I don't see anything more nefarious than that. Shows like Falling Skies and Jericho proved a winning genre with enough people, so they're taking it further. As usual, they're probably going a few steps right past the point of decency and good taste, but this is Hollywood. What did we expect?

woah... you guys ACTUALLY think that the OP and vast majority of readers here have NOT considered your responses as plausible reasons??

I just don't get it... people post these redundantly used snappy answers for stupid questions.. as if their response was somehow novel, somehow original..

OF COURSE popular subject matter will be consumed. This is supply and demand.
It has nothing to do with the fact that whether or not something is popular.. that increased messages and information about a certain concept wouldn't be intentionally inflated or over produced.

ie: even though aliens are an interesting subject matter.. it doesn't negate the fact that the DoD can and would hypothetically prescribe and initiate specific scripts to it's Hollywood partners in order to predictively program the collective unconscious in preparation for major history changing world events on the near horizon.

it's not ONE or the OTHER... it'sa both .. obviously .. otherwise nobody would pay attention to concepts and subject matter they didn't enjoy.

there's also artificial consent.. paying viewers or would be viewers to artificially pump up false- popularity for a product... ie: online reviews.. awards.. etc... jsut so the public has a positive bias for the movie beforehand..
this is just as easily shown in models being hired to dance around in the audience for a new up and comming boy band..being payed to be audience members worshipping the band and it's super cool new song (which may actually be the crappiest music in the world) .. nevertheless .. the models and actors jumping around in the audience "sell" the song and create an atmosphere of 'wow' for succeptable minds to follow and join in on the consuming of said product.. some of the models may HATE the music.. but they do it for money in these hard times...

same thing with hyping all these stupid and disgusting zombie movies and tv shows... "oooh walking dead voted number one show in the world" .. disgusting barbaric horrific scenes of people eating each other's faces off.. yeah i'm sure we all love that.. that's artificially blow up popularity if i've ever seen it.. the whole zombie trend is artificially popularized and thus BECOMES popular.. this is manipulated capitalism at it's core.. and it's subject matter that is being put there ON PURPOSE for THE VERY REASON that (like it or not) it's GOING TO HAPPEN IN A BIO ATTACK FROIM AL QUAEDA... and i'm sick of all these ufo alien invasion movies.. BORING.. same thing over and over.. but it's being made FOR A REASON.. because its GOING TO BE MADE TO HAPPEN...

same with people's DNA mutating and getting super powers after dec 21 this yr....

laugh it up fuzzballs.. but when it happens' you'll remember this post...

o wait no you'll just be like "no i'm too clever for that.. i would have figured it our by now".. lol.. and you'll think it's still just a coincidence that you're living in a post-alien annihilated wasteland with zombies chasing you and super heroes saving you... you'll STILL think you're the one in the know with all the clever super original skeptic answers... and it's just alll a coincidence...

lol

have fun.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

I just don't get it... people post these redundantly used snappy answers for stupid questions.. as if their response was somehow novel, somehow original..

Ouch... I won't be insulting and condescending to you, as you have to us. That was a little over the edge, dontcha think?

For what it matters.... I don't post for stars and my threads are pretty clear proof, if I'm starting threads for flags? Well..I'm a masochist or something. I never thought my reply was novel, just appropriate to another thread attempting to read levels of evil or ulterior motives into what amounts to nothing more, in my opinion, than Hollywood doing what Hollywood always has done. Whatever society is sensitive to, MANY movies and TV shows will come out. They just won't END until they literally start losing money on whatever fad they're playing to.

This year? I think they have until Christmas to run this for all it's worth. People will lap it up like a thirsty kitten to cold milk.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Prevenge ,, YOU'RE my hero..

it was not justa "ohh look at what is on the TV " ,, post..

i was hoping for thoughtful dialog on WHY this year?,, Why now,??,
And FOX network has ZERO crap like this..(although i did Enjoy the Failed show Terra Nova.)

this world IS,, coming to a head,, one of the 10 plagues will "git us" Flaming frogs will fall out of the sky, shooting lightning bolts out of their A$$e$..

or in the Billiards of the universe the *8-ball* is comming to knock us out of our orbit, and forever send us out into the Black of space...

heck i could write better @#Q$ then This next fall's junk..

or Maybe THAT is the point-- we wont be alive by the time Ratings week, Rolls around....................

edit on 5/18/12 by darrman because: spellenglish

edit on 5/18/12 by darrman because: and your misspelling,, was the "punch-line" ??

edit on 5/18/12 by darrman because: add a thingy

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

you just said what so many other readers think.

although i will often throw down a generic reply just to breath some life into a thead and keep the conversation going

lol your post was like a choke slam
no offence wrabit avatar guy from what see your posts are always thought out

:::back on topic:::

im actuly ptrety pumped about the power going out one looks good-jplaysguitar

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Shows you find disturbing are a General Conspiracy?

Is there a television thread?!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisToiletEarth
Shows you find disturbing are a General Conspiracy?

Is there a television thread?!

well if I personally KNEW what the @#$% was going on with the wacky tv programming,,, I would
not call it A conspiracy,, i would call it BREAKING NEWS..

just sayin..

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

those with eyes to see... will see past the Occamness of it all.

pearls before swine ... my post wasn't a personal lashing out - it was meant for the general blindness and negating of probable potentialities incurred by deep research and observation.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well at least its not reality shows.

............or is it?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Its amazing how TV has devolved over just a short period of time. I think the general public started ditching cable TV when those ridiculous fear factor type shows started up, I know it was around the time I did. The TV show plots of today are mind dumbing / numbing and too unoriginal to even hold my interest for one second let alone a whole season. The only recent and decent TV series that I can actually watch is Breaking Bad which unfortunately is in its last season.

top topics

join