It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Effects of Commercially-Sold Tobacco Products & Additives Changing Mind Schemes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I've come up with a theory as of late that has been dismissed as common knowledge and lacks attention because Tobacco has been so ingrained in our society. I'm starting to believe that commercially-sold tobacco contain a cocktail of additives that have direct influence on our thought patterns and how we perceive the world around us. Sounds obvious, I know, but my theory goes beyond this.

I believe that with all the big cash we've seen revealed to us around the study and facts on the effects that commercial tobacco has on the mind and body, that the selling of tobacco over the past generations has changed to contain a specific recipe that is used for mind control beyond what is normally perceived by the average smoker. This in turn helps to fulfill the agendas of big business in multiple ways.

What I find curious is the recent attacks against big tobacco, how sincere they are (being largely government funded campaigns) when they have nothing to do but profit off of them (through depopulation, medical stimulus, ect). I must admit, the effectiveness of programs such as the D.A.R.E. program have been ultimately ineffective and more or less a facade, only educating children in the public school setting about the types of drugs available and how to score. Very sad.

I'm asking the users of ATS to give me their thoughts on your experiences seeing and/or living with tobacco and if you have the same idea as me. That it could be used as a covert means to distribute more than just death but mind control. It indeed has mind-numbing effects against anxiety already....

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
As we already know, the lack of oxygen in the body creates a perfect environment for disease to survive and run rampant, is it possible that we could inhale particulates that grow similar to fungi?

Our bodies are like walking fruiting chambers as-is. Think about it. A dank environment, warm, damp, perfect temperature roughly 98.6 degrees F, constant humidity. If somebody could control the growth habits of fungi and manipulate them it could be a perfect means of administering any effect through any drug really. Just asking for your takes on this.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
There has been a lot of money and research going into making tobacco more addictive. Big tobacco has had the opportunity to make smoking less harmful instead, but the profit thing really has made a mess of things yet again. Currently I am hopelessly addicted, have managed to give up in the past for about 6 months but fell back into it after a bad day.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I developed this suspicion few years ago. I was smoking cheap low quality tobacco. It is basically same stuff which is in factory made cigarets. Lot of perfumes and other additives. During one month period when I was really not living healthy I started to sputter blood. Then I switched to raw tobacco. I feel better and smoke less.
BTW EU mandated manufacturers of cigarets to add in the product some "burning retarder" (I do not know proper term in English). It is strange because you can get same effect if you do not use potassium nitrate as part of formula and/or use slow burning paper.
Now I smoke only raw tobacco and at autumn I'll have my own 100% organic product

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Tobacco has naturally occurring neuro-transmitters that actually help to boost creativity.

Don't believe me? Ask any author, painter, etc, if they smoke a heck of a lot more cigarettes/pipes/etc when they are having their most prolific creative moments.

It's the truth. Experienced it myself many times now.

Maybe that will help you figure things out.

By the way, I know it's naturally occurring because it happens with tobacco that is straight off the plant, dried, chopped and put into a pipe or home-rolled cigs. (Been there too, I do that exclusively now)
edit on 18-5-2012 by Jomina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Thank you for the replies, all of you. I realize I'm making a rather large claim. I guess what it all boils down to is that unless you reap what you sow, all the food is poison...

edit on 18-5-2012 by kingllama because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JanAmosComenius

Yeah here in the US it's called "Fire Safe Cigarette Paper" and it's the nastiest stuff you can imagine.

Again, I do only home grown/dried/chopped/etc and smoking accessories.

I've felt tons healthier since switching to that from generic cigarettes, and FAR better than when I made the switch to those from Marlboros years back lol

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
There are many benefits to tobacco as I have been a smoker myself... What I'm suggesting is what better way to introduce another method of chemical mind control right out in public legally. Assuming there are a lot of lobbyists from large commercial tobacco corporations...

I'd love to start growing my own. Anyone here have any advice as how to go about the process? I love gardening and growing tobacco sounds like an exciting prospect!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingllama
There are many benefits to tobacco as I have been a smoker myself... What I'm suggesting is what better way to introduce another method of chemical mind control right out in public legally. Assuming there are a lot of lobbyists from large commercial tobacco corporations...

I'd love to start growing my own. Anyone here have any advice as how to go about the process? I love gardening and growing tobacco sounds like an exciting prospect!

Growing is easy. Hard part is final treatment. To get good stuff you need to dry tobacco in high humidity (80-85%) or to use some fermentation process. Keeping high humidity plus venting is real trouble. In Albania they dry tobacco over a pile of manure: it is producing higher temperature, humidity and air flow. I'll go via fermentation: 2-3 days of drying, then do a fat roll of leaves and let it work for 1-2 month outside. Strip outer layer, roughly chop it and dry it. It should work.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
This isn't really in the right forum, seeing as how it isn't really related to geo-engineering, but I'll bite.

I've come up with a theory as of late that has been dismissed as common knowledge and lacks attention because Tobacco has been so ingrained in our society. I'm starting to believe that commercially-sold tobacco contain a cocktail of additives that have direct influence on our thought patterns and how we perceive the world around us. Sounds obvious, I know, but my theory goes beyond this.

What has made you come to this conclusion, given the lack of evidence of tobacco changing the way people think? For that matter, what exactly is a "mind scheme?"

I believe that with all the big cash we've seen revealed to us around the study and facts on the effects that commercial tobacco has on the mind and body, that the selling of tobacco over the past generations has changed to contain a specific recipe that is used for mind control beyond what is normally perceived by the average smoker. This in turn helps to fulfill the agendas of big business in multiple ways.

So, you're saying that the additives are "controlling the mind" in ways that cannot be perceived? How is that control, if it can't be observed to be happening?

What I find curious is the recent attacks against big tobacco, how sincere they are (being largely government funded campaigns) when they have nothing to do but profit off of them (through depopulation, medical stimulus, ect).

Aren't all of these anti-tobacco campaigns funded by the tobacco companies themselves, stemming from lawsuits in the 90s? Or is there a government campaign that I am unaware of?
Questions to consider:
1. How does the government profit from "depopulation" (note: hypothetical question, given that there is no evidence of government "depopulation")?
2. Medical stimulus and depopulation seem to be mutually exclusive, maybe you can expand upon what you are trying to say here?

I must admit, the effectiveness of programs such as the D.A.R.E. program have been ultimately ineffective and more or less a facade, only educating children in the public school setting about the types of drugs available and how to score. Very sad.

That's like saying that teaching sex-ed causes premarital sex.

I'm asking the users of ATS to give me their thoughts on your experiences seeing and/or living with tobacco and if you have the same idea as me. That it could be used as a covert means to distribute more than just death but mind control. It indeed has mind-numbing effects against anxiety already....

Nicotine can cause anxiety and in some cases relieve it, depending on the dosage. Smokers tend to take smaller drags when in need of stimulating effects (smaller doses act as a stimulant), while they will tend to hold in the smoke longer to achieve relaxation (higher doses cause relaxation). The effects of nicotine are well documented, it is in no way "numbing" one's mind to anxiety - you might be convinced if you've conditioned yourself to smoke a cigarette during times of anxiety and stress, though.

I'm going to have to disagree with your assertion that tobacco is some form of mind control, since there is no evidence to support such a conclusion.

top topics

join