It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I consciously chose a new parallel dimension/timeline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I know the title sounds dramatic, but it's the best I could equate to. For anyone who believes in the myriad of parallel dimensions dependent on what choices you make ...

I've been having a LOT of deja vu instances lately, like the path I had chosen was taking place. Anyway, at work, I was writing some notes and had a strong deja vu of finishing off a sentence. Instead of finishing the bottom of the letter "y" in a certain way like I had "planned" I finished it off in a different way.

A strong feeling came across me that I had chosen a different path, thus, my former self was still carrying on in the previous timeline, but my new self had taken a path into a different timeline, or parallel dimension, and I knew it had happened. I have no idea where this new path will take me ... maybe it is better or worse than the original one?

Does that make any sense to anyone?

If so, any time we have deja vu now, I think that is a point in our lives -- a discrete signal -- that we have a choice to choose one path, or deliberately decide to do something different at that point, and create a new timeline. Similar to those story books where if you choose an action then you turn to a certain page, and if you choose another action then you turn to another page, so the story is always different.

Hope I've explained this clearly!

Would welcome any feedback.

Thanks,
Chaz.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Y am I in your timeline? And is the rest of me still in the previous timeline?

edit on 18-5-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
i just got done talking about this in a similar thread, look guys with this deja vu business you're not alone, i've always had it as a kid and now its stronger than ever as an adult for about 2 years now, i've got a good grasp on what it is and how to use it, BUT let me tell you this, F**King with time has consequences, there is an equivalent exchange for everything, if you change something from your deja vu the event itself will still happen, just in a different way, its all event based, say for instance in the extreme you've foresaw your own death, if you change that event i swear on everything someone else is going to pay that price for you, you trick yourself into thinking your changing things but in the end nothing has changed if that makes sense. You'll still have deja vu and theres always an older dream you've had as a kid that will show up on w/e new timeline you think you've put yourself on after you've changed something. Its like the butterfly effect but stranger. For those who know what i'm talking about or just more curious then feel free to msg me, doubt me if you want but if you have deja vu as often as me then go ahead and see for yourself, theres a reason we're all experiencing this, that reason will reveal itself soon enough in the direction of Sirius, I promise ya'll that.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Im sorry to hear that you ended up in this one. Id prefer one without the current "issues".

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I get what you're describing. I too have deja vu quite often; perhaps next time I have the feeling I should immediately do something completely different then what I was planning. Though it seems rather insignificant (about your letter y) we lack the scope of vision to fully comprehend the impact of the decisions we make.

Perhaps had you finished forming the letter in the planned way it would have broken the tip of your pen or the lead of your pencil and upon retrieving another writing utensil from your bag you could have gotten a papercut . A papercut which could have become infected and you summarily could have died. I know it sounds silly but stranger things have happened.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I have always had deja vu moments even as a small child. Though it has become more pronounced, stronger feelings (kind of like being punched in the gut at the aha moment), and it is occurring at least several times a week now.

This will sound weird to most I guess but I will throw it out here anyway. I have been getting the feeling (for at least 2 years) that I am somehow running behind. Strange I know considering that when that aha/deja vu moment strikes, you feel like you have already been there and done that. For a while now every time I am struck with that strong feeling, I am overwhelmed by the feeling that this just occurred a day or two before the fact. Not years ago, not in a different life or time. I am a very punctual person, so I am literally always 30 minutes early to anything and don't know why I feel like I am constantly running behind. Almost like I keep missing something and having to go back and redo it. Hey... I told it you it was strange. Go figure.

I have never thought about trying to change the outcome. Like you, I have experienced it enough times and in the middle of enough of those times to be able to consciously do something a bit different. Maybe I'll have a go at it and see what happens. If you have anything to add to this in the next few days (like if you feel different, notice something different) I would love to hear about it!

Maybe you'll win the lottery this week!!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
well i made a thread a little while ago that may help those like me trying to get a grasp on all of this, link here feel free to read it and add your input , hope it helps guys

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chaz
I know the title sounds dramatic, but it's the best I could equate to. For anyone who believes in the myriad of parallel dimensions dependent on what choices you make ...

I've been having a LOT of deja vu instances lately, like the path I had chosen was taking place. Anyway, at work, I was writing some notes and had a strong deja vu of finishing off a sentence. Instead of finishing the bottom of the letter "y" in a certain way like I had "planned" I finished it off in a different way.

A strong feeling came across me that I had chosen a different path, thus, my former self was still carrying on in the previous timeline, but my new self had taken a path into a different timeline, or parallel dimension, and I knew it had happened. I have no idea where this new path will take me ... maybe it is better or worse than the original one?

If so, any time we have deja vu now, I think that is a point in our lives -- a discrete signal -- that we have a choice to choose one path, or deliberately decide to do something different at that point, and create a new timeline. Similar to those story books where if you choose an action then you turn to a certain page, and if you choose another action then you turn to another page, so the story is always different.

Thanks,
Chaz.

When I was a child I looked into the reflection of a large glass window and that got me thinking of the possiblility of choosing to view the world from four different angles/perspectives. I got the feeling that I could choose an angle but thought it would be harder to unstick once I've chosen, so I had to choose the one I'd likely want to keep. I made my choice and still sometimes imagine that my perception of the direction I'm facing could be percieved differently. It's hard to explain, I'm sure I haven't articulated it well enough, but I tried.
When I was in my teens I'd have dejavu so much that it was very unsettling. It got to the point where I would recognize the moment a dejavu was coming to pass and alter the course of the outcome for the better.
I've wondered whether dejavus are a sign that I am on the prescribed path, but prescribed by whom? I guess different dreams have different reasons for being.
More recently I've been dreaming of people and places I am familiar with but in actuality I have never been to nor seen these people. I have had plenty of recurring dreams and upon thinking about them and wondering their purpose, I find that when I come to a conclusion about a particular recurring dream, it subsides greatly. I say subsides greatly because I honestly do not know whether I'll be dreaming of such places and people again. I learn something new or experience something new each time I dream of these same places and they usually start out but once I am aware of it's reoccurrence, which does not take long at all, I can alter the outcome through conscious decision.
I have thought of the possibility that these are dimentions of varying realities in that I am me through and through and any change on my part is ultimately up to me as to whether I will go along with the course of events without caution to recourse or with care to my soul.
I hope my post isn't too off topic or indecipherable.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I think you've stated your thoughts quite clearly. I think it's fascinating to think about. I get deja vu quite often and I always have since I was very young. Next time I get it though, I don't know what I will do. Sometimes I'm just so amused that it's happening I just enjoy it. I don't know if I will want to change something. Maybe like you said, it could be making a choice for a worse path. You just don't know.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
You chose a new timeline and this is the best you can do?

Not sure why you are bragging about this accomplishment..

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
To the OP, I must say this has perked my interest. Can you explain to us how you shifted to the parallel dimension/timeline in a way that someone might replicate the experience you had?

I've wanted to shift to a parallel dimension for quite some time now. There have been decisions that I made that I would like to change for the better (as I'm sure we've all experienced at one point or another).

If you're willing to share that info, it could be very valuable to a lot of people.

I must say that I have not experienced deja vu for a very long time, several years at least. The last time I experienced a deja vu moment was long enough ago that I'm actually wondering if I will experience this type of feeling ever again.

Anybody willing to offer some insight as to why we wouldn't experience deja vu for an extended period of time?

Thank you for posting this thread.
edit on 5/18/2012 by InFriNiTee because: added to a sentence (asking for explanation)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Part of my question is answered in ZeroUnlmtd's thread:

Variable #5 Ways to induce deja vu. The best and surefire method i've tried and tested is routine and breaking of a routine. I myself play xbox regularly so in my dreams I see myself usually playing xbox before w/e event i'm going to dream of. The event usually plays out after breaking w/e routine i'm in. Another way to induce deja vu is whatever you're doing right before going to sleep, try and remember it as long as you can until you pass out, does you no good since its not going to help you in the present but change the future and you alter the past, and making that a routine means future you will do it to, see where i'm going with this? Routine and Recollection.

I definitely have had a routine for a few years, and it hasn't broken up too much. I'd say that's a great tip to induce the deja vu moments. Now to figure out how to change the routines... That's going to be a tough one!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chaz

Thanks,
Chaz.

Deja vu, for the most part is a quirk in the way people manifest, then register the manifestation. There is a delay, sometimes up to two minutes, between when you actually manifest and when you see/read it. When you are closer to the point of manifestation, you may see the event twice, once when it happens and once at the delay-reveal point.

The delay is not good, it is a brain defect amongst other things, and the desire is to be in that moment when things happen, not "be notified later" after it is done. This process will be breaking down soon, we'll get closer to that real moment as the summer comes to pass.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

I wasn't aware I was "bragging" -- merely recounting what happened.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by InFriNiTee

It was more of a spur of the moment thing. As the deja vu happened, I just literally stopped writing and never completed that letter y. In another dimension, I probably did, therefore having no need to post this and thus you never replied.

Boggles my mind, this stuff!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
What was the first thing(s) that you noticed that indicated you had shifted to a different timeline or universe? (what's different about this one vs. the one you were in before)?

What was your thought when the interruption of the deja vu occurred? (blank unfocused, or specific focused)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I understand our choices we make determine what path we will follow.

However, I do not see how choosing a slightly different path would suddenly alter other parts of reality. In that respect we are all free to choose a bit of our destiny or reality but it doesn't mean we suddenly jumped into an alternate reality where Obama was never the president or other things suddenly are different. I believe this is what most people think about when they talk about an alternate reality. In my case I remember a girl who got breast implants several months ago. Then suddenly one day she didn't and was acting the same as before she had implants. I'm thinking what the heck is going on? Then I don't even see her again as if something else changed.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by InFriNiTee

I didn't notice anything different at the time; will see what happens. It was blank unfocused.

new topics

top topics

join