It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Particle Magnet???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Is there such thing as some type of magnet that attracts nuclear particles? I am asking because perhaps we can trap the particles that are airborne right now. If we install air filters on every corner of every city, and have planes fly at higher altitudes dragging huge filters through the sky we could clean up this big mess? Is anybody with me on this?
We need to take responsibility for what we have done to the planet. We also need to do this if we want to survive as a species. If we all use our heads we can think of something for sure.
edit on 17-5-2012 by samlf3rd because: typo

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine
Do you know any better preventative measures which may be taken to reduce radiation damage? If I were to wear a dust mask would this filter the particles at all?
ANY FILTER will be better than NO FILTER!

Remember, when it comes to fallout, either you have a filter, or YOU ARE the filter!

www.preparedsociety.com...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

funny i had the same thought about this yesterday
also interested in peoples answer to this question

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

I hope we aren't really the first people to think about this... It is funny that we have thought of it, yet the people who run the world didn't do this the day it happened... Sad.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Actually, even paper stops most of radiation. Breathing through wet cloth is very efficient way, you don't need gas mask. If you are worrying in US about radiation coming from Japan, remember that Pacific Ocean stops radiation too, particles get trapped by water when it evaporates and then rains down.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd

I hope we aren't really the first people to think about this... It is funny that we have thought of it, yet the people who run the world didn't do this the day it happened... Sad.

Yeah but they have people who can tell them if it can or cant be done we don't
so there is no real way of telling if they tried or not. I mean if they can shot particles into each other and watch the explosion you would think they could catch particles or even find a way to dispose of the harmful ones right?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebel
Actually, even paper stops most of radiation. Breathing through wet cloth is very efficient way, you don't need gas mask. If you are worrying in US about radiation coming from Japan, remember that Pacific Ocean stops radiation too, particles get trapped by water when it evaporates and then rains down.

Yeah no big deal till it ends up in our ground soil and then into our food supply

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Well I like a mind that trys to solve problems. Especially this one. SnF.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

even in ww1, if no gas masks were available
the tommys would pee into their handkechief (snot rag)
that would filter the mustard gas attacks

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
There is nothing that I know of that would allow air filtration in the manner described in the OP.

However, thankfully, the rain will cleanse the air reasonably quickly.

Given what we know from Chernobyl......providing they have a method to contain and remove the fallout/fuel at Fukushima....damage should be minimal.

The longer it takes the Japanese to contain the disaster, IMHO, we get closer to a situation where the radiation ceases to be a nuance and begins to become a serious problem.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
sorry too burst your bubble's,,,

ask the Japanese University outside of Fucu,,physics department ,, too STOP CREATING A MAGNETIC FIELD,,,
around the power plants,,
i said,,,,,,,,,,STOP CREATING A MAGNETIC FIELD,,,around an uncontroled,,ongoing Fussion reaction.

other words,, there already attempting it ,,as i type.

sorry.

Me.
edit on 17-5-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

ask the Japanese University outside of Fucu,,physics department ,, too STOP CREATING A MAGNETIC FIELD,,,
i said,,,,,,,,,,STOP CREATING A MAGNETIC FIELD,,,around an uncontroled,,ongoing Fussion reaction.

sorry.

Me.

What on earth are you trying to say

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearMitochondria

posted on 29-4-2012 @ 03:54 AM this post

start here,,www.abovetopsecret.com...
u need to catch up,,

Its only,,,10 pages,,,

Me.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It’s a measure of how “duh” people are about science & logic generally that they would consider putting these filters all over the world, rather them all at than one place where they would be literally thousands of times most effective (Fukushima itself).
Carbon filters, and electrostatic filter is what you want. It could be done, but the risk today’s Fukushima radiation leaks presents is microscopic, apparently we’re all going to die but…
A. This isn’t a new story on ATS
B. Chernobyl was far worse in terms of total radiation released, and we’re still alive
C. Sea water absorbs radiation far better than soil
D. And most of Fukushima’s nuclides are landing out at sea
E. So even if Fukushima was as bad as Chernobyl, the fact is (for everyone living outside Japan) it’s location is even more remote.

It’s true that if the fuel rod pools collapse, then we’ll be in major trouble. Thankfully they’ve already been getting them reinforced, and oh…
Haven’t heard of any Fukushima plant workers deaths yet.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
And as a small point of correction...Paper or a wet rag do not in any way shape of form 'stop radiation'...that is incredibly stupid.

It will go some way in stopping the larger particles of radioactive dust and debris from entering your lungs and respiritory system, however it won't stop radiation one bit.

Water is a fairly good radiation shield though...as long as the volume of water is great enough. If a wall of water, made from 5 gallon drums were built, about 10 feet thick, it would make an effective fallout radiation shield.

A paper suit and mask, won't stop it.
edit on 17-5-2012 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Well actually that would be

HEAVY-WATER

not Pacific Ocean water,,

ya,,
heavy water,,

As in heavy water plant,,

not Pacific Ocean water,, ,,ya,,
if u get my current drift,,
ya.
good old nuke industry,,

"water is a good radio active sheilding source"
,,, true or false,,

Me.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thebel

Yeah no big deal till it ends up in our ground soil and then into our food supply

The amount of radiation hitting the Pacific coast of North America from Japan is so miniscule it barely ever shows up on scans. Have a friend in San Fran who has a geiger counter, he goes out every so often and says it's barely registering more than background radiation.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
It’s a measure of how “duh” people are about science & logic generally that they would consider putting these filters all over the world, rather them all at than one place where they would be literally thousands of times most effective (Fukushima itself).
Carbon filters, and electrostatic filter is what you want. It could be done, but the risk today’s Fukushima radiation leaks presents is microscopic, apparently we’re all going to die but…
A. This isn’t a new story on ATS
B. Chernobyl was far worse in terms of total radiation released, and we’re still alive
C. Sea water absorbs radiation far better than soil
D. And most of Fukushima’s nuclides are landing out at sea
E. So even if Fukushima was as bad as Chernobyl, the fact is (for everyone living outside Japan) it’s location is even more remote.

It’s true that if the fuel rod pools collapse, then we’ll be in major trouble. Thankfully they’ve already been getting them reinforced, and oh…
Haven’t heard of any Fukushima plant workers deaths yet.

Well that's good to hear that water soaks it up better than trees. Hopefully they get this taken care of quickly.

A filter on every corner for ten or twenty years (or permanently) would do good for the planet anyway. We could really help with a little initiative.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

sorry.

Me.

I am not sure I am following. Are you saying they are using a HAARP like frequency to create a forcefield around the plant?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

Well good for America on that note. It may fall into the ocean but it is still altering every ecosystem on Earth. I think this is huge, and it's only about to get bigger.

top topics

join