It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20,000 deaths in the US. Have you been effected?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
So those that don't believe apparently have no clue as to what is going on.

That's fine. Good luck with your futures.

If we dont believe there hasnt been 20,000 deaths so far we have no idea whats going on?

Man, get a grip.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Thank you...that was my point.....do you know anyone who has been effected.

Sorry for the harsh replies......

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I for one have been SO drained. I live just south of Seattle and have had nothing but throat issues for the past few months. I'm lethargic. It takes all my energy to just get up to do the dishes, or laundry, or anything for that matter.

I don't know if it's a sign of radiation, but I can tell you that I'm going to be 38 on may 30. I feel like I'm 60.

I live just west of Seattle. I will be 63 on Monday and I feel great, just as good as I did at 38! I'm not lethargic and have no throat issues. And the weather has been fantastic!

Why are you invoking radiation here? Get yourself checked out.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'm in the southeast, and except for having spring since February, we're fine. I took the dogs on a long hike over the weekend and noticed all our dandelions and wildflowers, frogs and rabbits look normal too.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

I for one have been SO drained. I live just south of Seattle and have had nothing but throat issues for the past few months. I'm lethargic. It takes all my energy to just get up to do the dishes, or laundry, or anything for that matter.

I don't know if it's a sign of radiation, but I can tell you that I'm going to be 38 on may 30. I feel like I'm 60.

I live just west of Seattle. I will be 63 on Monday and I feel great, just as good as I did at 38! I'm not lethargic and have no throat issues. And the weather has been fantastic!

I'm not invoking anything mynfriend. The point of my thread is to find out if anyone has had issues associated with the claimed radiation.

What I don't understand is other posters assuming that there are no effects from Fukishima.

I'm glad you are well....

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

One of the links

Will post more.

Great thread by fellow member. Watch the videos.
Link

edit on 16-5-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

This link has it at 14,000

Mind you, you will NOT hear about this from the MSM.

What a terrible set of links. One is a podcast, the other are videos, and a natural news article all referring to a peer reviewed study that shows increased death rate due to the disaster in Japan.

BUT WHERE IS THE ACTUAL STUDY?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

I'm not invoking anything mynfriend. The point of my thread is to find out if anyone has had issues associated with the claimed radiation.

What I don't understand is other posters assuming that there are no effects from Fukishima.

I'm glad you are well....

Tell me you are not talking about me here....I never said that I dont think there are effects from Fukishima. I said I dont buy the 20,000 deaths line.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking
I live in B.C and must say I never really thought about the implications, but I have had an abnormal amount of sore throuts this year so far, and the most terrible bout of the flu lost my voice and all. I thought it was more along the lines of seasonal illness, and the fact I take public transit into downtown each day. (All the people with masks, who should be afraid of whom) yet I digress, that I have worried myself a bunch with the possibility that we are getting good and poisened this side of the pacific, I never thought to even check for what related symptoms would be or what to look out for just in case.

I like the poster above would love to see definative proof of said deaths, but at the same time, realize the possiblilty as mentioned above that real terrible things are happening. And we are never gonna know till it's too late....

SaneThinking

It's good that you got better. You had the flu, and had sore throats, and they got better.
I don't think you get better from radiation sickness, it just gets worse and worse, until it cannot get any worse. Your hair falls out, lesions, etc. Sort of like extremely accelerated aging, you fall apart.

Public transit. I'm in the middle of the country, and I got lots of bouts of little illnesses this year, but only when I went around other people. My husband works away from home, and I remember commenting to him, that every time I'm around other people, I've been getting sick.

I think it was just a bad year for stupid little flues.
I think we just had lots of flus around this past winter.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Do you not read the threads here on ATS? Do you not understand that radition is leaking and blowing over from Japan here in the states?

How can people be so blind as to what is happening.....why is it youmall think I'm out of my mind for the claims that others have made about the deaths? It's not out of the realm of possibility....and want to know if anyone has been effected.

Ifyo have a problem with my links, fine....but know at this is a hot topic, deaths associated with Fukishima here in the US.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Nevermind. I think I remember this one...

The article, published on 10 June 2011, is authored by Janette D. Sherman and Joseph Mangano, both renowned persons in the anti-nuclear movement. In the text the authors claim a statistically significant increase of infant mortality deaths with 35% after the Fukushima accident in eight selected cities on the U.S. west coast.

But why are the 10 weeks after Fukushima compared with only 4 weeks before? There seems to be a reason for it, commonly referred to as cherry-picking, i.e. you select the data that supports your theory without showing the full picture. To show the full data set may falsify what you want to show. This is quite common in politics and by people who have an agenda that is more important than the truth.

Source

Same authors:

Authors Joseph Mangano and Janette Sherman note that their estimate of 14,000 excess U.S. deaths in the 14 weeks after the Fukushima meltdowns is comparable to the 16,500 excess deaths in the 17 weeks after the Chernobyl meltdown in 1986. Source: PR Newswire (s.tt...)

www.prnewswire.com...
edit on 16-5-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

No way to cover it up huh? I was interviewed by a reporter the other day for a story in a large newspaper. One thing led to another and I asked the reporter if she knew that there were more troop deaths by suicide than there were in Iraq and Afghanistan in combat. She said, "What, really? Can you get me the background info and links to stories?" I of course complied. The point is, is that if this kind of information is be buried, run once in the MSM or altogether ignored, it disappears quickly and people don't know to ask and therefore they don't know to be offended by the fact that this is happening.

As far as the OP's post, the medical industry is even trickier. They can attribute birth defects and symptoms or anything resulting in cancer to anything they want or are TOLD to attribute as the cause. The AMA is an organ controlled in much the same manner as the FDA. These people are going to tell you what they want you to believe and nothing more. Every once in a while, some cowboy (whistle blower) will come out and dispute the mainstream claims. This is what has happened, someone has said, stop lying directly and through lies of omission. We can't find a solution if we don't know what is causing the problem or we are being diverted.

Get a dosimeter or a radiation detector and come back and talk from a position of experience. Any exposure to ionizing radiation is dangerous, damaging and the effects are cumulative, so there are going to be increases in deaths and birth defects, that's a fact, just look at Chernobyl.

I have both a dosimeter and radiation detector and I can tell you I have measured radiation levels in rain and roof water pooling areas on the ground that would make you sh*t cookies and I'm in the great lakes area. What we once though of as low level background radiation can be relegated to the past.

Cheer up though, the worst is yet to come.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Comparing troops deaths to public deaths isnt an equal comparison. troops are a closed group, controlled directly by the gov't. Civilians talk. Tell me, do you, or anyone you know know ANYONE who has died from fallout?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm building on this thread....Link

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Ifyo have a problem with my links, fine....but know at this is a hot topic, deaths associated with Fukishima here in the US.

You imply that deaths related is an established fact. Yet the so called study that claims this was written by two people already caught lying about the situation who are paid by the anti-nuclear lobby.

So I don't see it as an established fact...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

There are respiratory illnesses in your area. Whooping cough and see the link below.
Respiratory virus closes Seattle Catholic school
Maybe this is what is making you feel run down. I don't know about 20,000 deaths but I do believe that radiation has and is hitting the US. I am in the Rocky Mt region and would like to know why my family is experiencing so much hair loss?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Epic fail thread.

Mods remove please

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Have to ask: If that many people have died in the United States because of radiation, wouldn't everyone in Japan be dead first?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by amongus

Have to ask: If that many people have died in the United States because of radiation, wouldn't everyone in Japan be dead first?

They would have to admit it. There is no prouder people than the Japanese. This is why we are in the position we are in....

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Epic fail thread.

Mods remove please

Actually, it's just not going your way. That's all. If there is any evidence that radiation counts have increased on the West Coast, let's see it. Here's a map of radiation readings which shows no increases compared to readings prior to the tsunami. The idea that you could be sick, which is basically what you were claiming, is nonsensical in the context of radiation. If radiation were Affecting you, one would expect that it would have an effect on many people and not pick on you. Radiation is not giving you a sore throat, nor is it making you lethargic. Seek medical advice.

In terms of the 20,000 extra deaths, this has NOT happened. This mysterious study which no one has read (but is apparently peer reviewed) very likely is statistical in nature. I've seen similar studies before. What these learned folks do is estimate statistically that X amount of radiation will result in an increase in cancers caused by the radiation which might (emphasis on might) cause an additional 20,000 deaths IN THE FUTURE. Being exposed to heavy amounts of radiation does not always kill you instantly. It takes years for the cancer to manifest. This is a statistical exercise with many dependent variables that are difficult to pin down. In other words, it's speculation with a lot of assumptions.

But the fact is, no statistically significant increase in radiation has been measured in North America. Not Seattle. Not anywhere else.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Unless there is an extreme rise in deaths by thyroid cancer, then you can't associate the radiation with any deaths. Do I believe there is health related issues with Fukishima? Yes I do, but it's going to take years before we see anything from it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join