It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mum Shoots Dead Four Kids Then Kills Herself

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Hear that sound? That's the sound of Bernake and Bush and Obama and various groups on wall st playing the world's tiniest violin and then giggling and laughing all the way to the bank. Anyone of those kids could have become a person that might have invented something that might have made all our lives better, people seem so selfish and short sighted and lost.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

Reading comprehension, take a deep breath and get a hold of yourself a minute.

The victims, aged 12, 13, 15 and 17, were shot by their mother Tonya Thomas at their house in Brevard County, 15 miles from Nasa's Kennedy Space Centre.

A neighbour told police that three of the children had banged on his door shortly before 5am on Tuesday before Thomas, 33, ordered them home.

Now I see people calling for a neighbor's blood, because they misinterpreted a simple paragraph. Jeez folks, get a grip......

It's like people are preconditioned to go bat# crazy at the mere mention of kids these days. Maybe people are....
edit on Wed, 16 May 2012 11:27:41 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Just what is happening in this World?

Too much of this stuff goes on... i'm pretty sure over the last week i've read three similar stories to this one.

What is it that makes one want to kill their own children and then themselves?

Why dont they seek help?

Why not just top yourself and leave the children alone?

I have a theory for the last question and that is maybe the person doing the killing doesnt want their children to experience the same life that they had or they dont want their children growing up in such a World where this type of thing happens... i don't know but i'm stumped as to why we hear alot of this stuff happening of late.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

5 souls relocated to another place. I hope they have a lovely time there wherever they go.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Cyanhide

I know... i am in Europe!!

England to be precise!!

I remember a Film i've seen where this type of thing was happening... just cant rember the title of the Film!!

I think the film your thinking of is "The Happening".

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Bah, this is just disturbing on so many levels

If she wanted out of this life then she should have just offed herself. She didn't have to take her kids with her. Crazy bitch.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Has anyone heard anything about her prescriptions? I can almost guarantee she was on paxil or zoloft or prozac.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by one_small_step
You need a little help, just ask for it - you will be helped. - You are not alone.

A neighbour told police that three of the children had banged on his door shortly before 5am on Tuesday before Thomas, 33, ordered them home.

So much for that help

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hindsight is 20/20. You do realize though, that it is saying the mother came and ordered them home, not that the neighbor ordered them home right? So it probably looked like some misbehaving kids, and the mother came and got them to handle it. Judging from some stuff that has come up, like the one kid beating up the mother, perhaps this isn't an isolated incident. Maybe the kids were running amok a lot, and the neighbor thought nothing of it.
edit on Wed, 16 May 2012 13:20:11 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope

reply to post by Cyanhide

I know... i am in Europe!!

England to be precise!!

I remember a Film i've seen where this type of thing was happening... just cant rember the title of the Film!!

I think the film your thinking of is "The Happening".

In "The Happening", plants were secreting a chemical that made people go crazy and kill themselves.
Although intriguing, I don't think that that's quite what happened here.

The mother was obviously unbalanced, though. She had no right to make that decision for her children.
How sad. . .

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Dispatch records released Tuesday show that authorities responded to Thomas' house on three successive days in April.

In the first visit, on Easter Sunday, Thomas reported that her son had thrown a bicycle through a window at the house. The next day, Thomas called to report that her son had kicked and punched her when she tried to wake him up for school. The following day, child welfare investigators visited the house to look into allegations of inadequate supervision of the children.

Records also showed that Thomas was arrested in 2002 on a misdemeanor battery charge for striking the father of her children. The charge was later dropped. Two years earlier, she filed a domestic violence complaint against Joe Johnson, but that was dismissed after a hearing.

Jamie Hudson, whose mother lives two doors down from the family, said the boys in the family were known to shoot BBs at a home across the street and had threatened to set it on fire.

So her mom was just tired of having to deal with them it seems. I, personally, would have just used a f@#$ing condom to keep from having them in the first place, especially if I was going to name two of them Jaxs and Pebbles.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Only in America. Land of the gun nuts.

Still, if she hadn't taken her own life, with a good lawyer she probably could have gotten off with "cleaning a gun when it accidentally went off."

And you guys wanna know why I'm against guns, not to mention cell phones...

Or maybe she was programmed to do this by psy-ops personnel working for Obama (the Anti-Christ) so as to use it as a cheap crutch to enforce anti-gun laws in Florida. I wonder how many people on here would believe that. David Icke, where are you?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If my mother tried to shoot me I would NOT have returned to the house. That part lingers on me sorely. Once I made it to the neighbors I would have stayed.

Also these kids aren't little kids, but teenagers. I wonder and wonder, but just can't believe none of them survived this. It's awful

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
Has anyone heard anything about her prescriptions? I can almost guarantee she was on paxil or zoloft or prozac.

I was on Paxil for years, and Zolof for a time. Then dumped both after I learned about them. I never went nuts like this, despite being bulled to death, abused, manipulated, jerked around, ripped off, framed, and mentally tormented for years.

This is what good old fashion video games like Doom are for.

She didn't need drugs to go nuts. Just raising teenage kids in this Capitalistic America of instant gratification where money is power and Image is more important than Substance, and where adults behave like children because they MUST BE CONNECTED all the time with their precious cell phones...is enough to set off anyone.

This is why I Don't have kids.
Or a cell phone.
Or a gun.
Or a life.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by TheGrandWarlock

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Children banging at the door at that time in the morning screams of urgency, no kid is up at the crack of dawn, you obviously don't have children, they like to sleep A LOT any kid up at the crack of dawn is up only because of school and wouldnt' be running to neighbors' banging on their doors unless something was wrong, I'd venture a guess that the other two were killed (the first two) while asleep. Children are not early risers as teenagers. What really surprises me is how the nighbor didn't hear the gunfire till after the children left that neighbor, I call BS. He heard those other shots. HE HAD TO.
edit on 16-5-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

lol WHAT. im pretty sure theres kids who wake up at dawn, you obviously love to believe you're always right even when youre guessing. the only thing that bothers me about your responses is that you want him to be punished for not doing what you think was right.

its a sad world indeed.

I think the neighbor gave this lady the gun....
Knew what she was going to do..
OR
To much of a wuss to get involved.
Why else would you tell 3 kid's BLEEDING of gunshot
wounds to go back home??

Here's a local source articles.orlandosentinel.com...

Where the hell are you getting the neighbor gave her the gun? It clearly says in that article and on local news reports that the neighbors tried to stop them from going back.They were also interviewing another neighbor last night who says he constantly would here the mother yelling at the kids at all times of the day.That mother was just screwed up.Very sad story.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by TheGrandWarlock

The neighbor ordered bleeding kid's back home?

Why is this guy not in jail??

I heard it over the radio but i did not
realize he practiacally hand in hand
led them to their graves..
edit on 16-5-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

Absolutely brilliant how quick stories gets distotrted and misquoted.

The mothers name was Tonya Thomas and it was she who ordered the kids back home.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I just read through the replies as i have been out till now...

What i dont understand though is once the children had got outside, why didnt they stay outside?

The neighbour didnt let them in but they could have run elsewhere and stayed there... even over to the park or police station perhaps (if there was one nearby)... why go back inside when they know the Mother has a gun????

Strange but true.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

R.I.P Pebbles, Jaxs, Jazzy, and Joel

...deputies had responded to the house for domestic complaints previously.

Jamie Hudson, whose mother lives two doors down from the family, said the boys in the family were known to shoot BBs at a home across the street and had threatened to set it on fire.

"It has been an ongoing problem on our street with them," Hudson said.

Goodyear said Jaxs Johnson had recently been arrested on a domestic violence charge. He said he didn't know if the boy had been accused of hitting his mother or causing damage at the house.

A pastor at the church the family attended described it as "normal stuff."

"I think he was punching some walls or something," said Jarvis Wash, pastor of the Real Church in Rockledge, Fla.

Wash said the family attended services last Sunday but had been absent for a few weeks before that.

"I don't know what could have happened in the past couple of days," Wash said. "It's a tragedy to the church and the community.".
(visit the LINK for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I bet Thomas feels like crap. He should have listened to the kids.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 1plusXisto7billion

Thomas is dead, she killed herself......

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

They said tonight on the local news that the neighbor didn't let them in because at first he thought they were trying to break in.Then finally he opened the door and found one lying on his steps...the deputy they talked to said it's possible that the kids didn't know who shot them as they could've been sleeping.So in other words they're saying they didn't know it was their mother and that's why they went back.I'll see if I can dig up a link.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join