It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something truly wondrous is going on.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
No magic here, it is the same as putting voltmeter probes and measuring voltage on an electric circuit. The voltmeter measures by becoming part of the circuit. If care is not taken to ensure the input of the voltmeter uses much less current than the path would have passing through it unmeasured, an incorrect measurement is made. When you are only detecting one electron, any piece of equipment you use to detect it will effect it. P. Mittelstaedt; A. Prieur, R. Schieder, according to Wiki, showed that weaker interference patterns can be made if sufficient care is taken with the electron detection. en.wikipedia.org...-Mittelstaedt-22
Looks like physicists are a little more amazed at themselves for their clever theories than the engineers who make their lab experiments possible.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012

"Something truly Scary is going on"

I think TPTB already know this, hence the position of the world today. Maybe, and if this experiment is true, people will start to realise they are in control and take their lives back from the leaches.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
reply to post by intrptr

So a religion that is entirely based upon faith would have a creator come out and explicitly tell you that he exists. Kind of defeats the purpose, no?

I "think" I see your point. But I present you with this. "Faith" as some modern religions would have us "believe", is really just blind belief in something with no proof, right? Religions cornerstone, eh? Of course that conflicts with science which insists on proof before belief, right? Science cornerstone. So religious believers are hopelessly blind to both the spirit and science, and scientists are blind to unproven science (creation) and the spirit as well. They are both so busy arguing their respective points that the real spirit just sits by musing.
We are lost.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
That's a very interesting video, I'd never seen it before or heard of the double slit experiment.

It makes me think of the old Virtual Reality goggles which were a bit of a fad in the 90s - like in the Lawnmower Man film.

Wearing them, an entire landscape and world is rendered in front of you. But only the bits which you actually observe and interact with are rendered. It happens so fast that you aren't aware of it, but essentially, anything you don't look at doesn't exist until required. And when you take the goggles off, you realise that NONE of it is real ........ it's all a simulation, and the practice of not rendering anything which isn't observed is to save energy and processing power.

Is our reality the same? Are we effectively wearing goggles 24/7?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
How this leads to religion is beyond me. Shoot a human through a double-slit and see what happens.

Other than that, things are looking interesting at the quantum level. On our level? Not so much.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by RisenAngel77

God is the Universe,

You are close with this phrase alone.

Search videos on you-tube for "Alan watts" and also abraham hicks. You may also want to check out the spirit science videos (its a series on youtube).

Let curiosity guide you along with your gut feeling /intuition. What resonates in your heart is the truth. Ask yourself questions and ask for guidance.

im off to youtube thanks for your guidance

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by theukbloke

To me, personally, the biggest mindblowing outcome of this experiment is not so much what it may say about consciousness but that a random event occurring at a given time has an outcome occurring at an earlier time.

Consciousness by definition is at play in everything, and cannot be said to be the cause of the results, because the experiment would have to be conducted by a trustworthy non-conscious creature that can tell us the result (but by telling us, then consciousness is back into the experiment) so we cannot test what would happen if consciousness wasn't there.

I think one could build a robot and we could argue that if the robot is conducting the experiment, whether his "consciousness" collapses the outcome or not is unknowable, for, as soon as we ask the robot what the result was, the result is bound to be such that it agrees with the interpretation that human consciousness "made it happen".

I rather look at this with this interpretation: the universe will postpone as much as possible the resolution of interactions between entities, but not beyond the point that such interactions become inconsistent. And this "postponing" occurs in time / space, in other words, it is a timeless form of economy.

I think that one interesting and controversial conjecture that can be drawn from this is the notion that the universe could be a computer program, because "economy tricks" like these are usually only necessary when a process needs to be optimized.

-rrr

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

It's like a car trying to observe a car, not going to happen. Only the creator of the car can observe the car. I just broke my brain! I love lamp!

edit on 16-5-2012 by SmertSpionam1 because: haed hurt bad, misspell words

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well, let's start with the basics...time and space...

Have to have that before either matter or consciousness can exist, as both need time and space to
...well, ...to exist/experience in...

Then comes the question... Which comes first? ...consciousness or matter?
Chicken or the Egg?
Pea or the Pod?(for the vegans out there)

An intuitive glance would arrive at simultaneity, and I would agree, but would show a little
more preference towards consciousness, as primal matter cares not...and cannot generate change of it's own...it just "is".

Here is a little prose of mine that touches on this starting point...

"What Matters is Minds"

In the beginning, there was no time...
No state in which to perceive Something or Nothing...
All was/is...
No shape, weight or conception of such...

Nothing Mattered...

But! Something MUST Matter...

And so came Mind...
And suddenly, things Mattered...

"Well, This is wonderful! I must make more of this!"
And so, Mind set Matter to making more Minds...

And it has come to pass that "we" think this is wonderful too!

"From Minds comes Matter, and from Matter comes Minds..."

______________________* * *________________________

Rudimentary consciousness develops into self awareness...

Self awareness is essential for the beginnings of tool making.
It allows us to 'abstract' or...imagine something that does not already exist in natural form.

We graduate from the caverns of a world driven by the natural order, into the world of a "creator", and the first understandings of the inevitably divine role of "mind" in creating "new"...

A leaf becomes a cup; in which resides the birth of science...and worlds.
Knowledge is a bitter-sweet drink; made of a potent fruit, and added to the waters of life itself...

Science seeks to place "handles" upon reality, using the tools self-aware thought has evolved.
It has succeeded, so far, in placing handles upon some of the Rudimentary workings of the universe.
One excellent example is nuclear energy...

When you look at the size of the Cosmos, and understand that the probability of a self-aware race evolving somewhere out there, a technology that will eventually place handles on literally ever aspect of our reality, including time itself, you begin to realize how mind can, and will, eventually(or has already), reach(ed) a level of singularly significant awareness and scientific ability capable of shepherding it's own beginnings...

The zero point of the "spirit", is the last true frontier in the infantile "self's" quest for the handles of the cradle...

This Cosmos we live in is itself a spirit...so if a tree falls in some forest, there is always an observer to experience it.
Individual awareness can manifest in any part of it...at any time.

As above so below...
Around and through...
For the Love of the Creation and the Creator(s)...
Worlds without end...

So...Johnny. Go on and take a dive with your sister the Moon...
edit on 16-5-2012 by Khurzon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

When I saw this experiment I was floored like everyone else and was convinced that this proves Gods (Divine Plan) is working. And in no way do I want to try and disprove the existence of Gods footprint, but...

Last night I gave this experiment some thought. I am in no way qualified to examine the experiment because I have no first hand knowledge of its apparatus, the materials used, or the layout of instrumentation. But it seems to me that if the outcome is dependent on observation, then I would look closer at what and how these observations are being made, what materials are being used, and do they produce a EM field the electrons are passing through. If these electrons are passing through a EM field produced by the viewing apparatus, it may be enough to produce the "Observed" outcome.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit Warrior 11:11

For instance, a computer will generate graphics for a flight simulation but it only renders graphics in the area that the simulated aircraft is flying. The computer does not waste processing power to render the graphics of other areas of the map not in use.

Maybe years ago, but these days most video cards can render all of it.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by cointelprotroll

Who's to say Quantum Consciousness isn't controlling matter?

Furthermore, who's to say Quantum Consciousness isn't God?

I keep saying, God is much more simple than any of us know, and so much more complex than any of us have dreamed...spirituality is science we haven't caught up to yet, but it seems that we are drawing closer. Religion continues to defy science because we are convinced that we already know everything about spirituality. When we accept that we aren't even close to such knowledge, we will make progress. Ignorance stems from believing you already know the answer when you haven't collected all the facts.

I await the day that science and God come to terms with one another, and spirituality and science become one. Because they actually are...we just haven't discovered it yet.

edit on CTuesdayam070725f25America/Chicago15 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Quoted for truth, star for you

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Only second post here at ATS, so hopefully not stepping out of my comfort zone!

How do you know that the Coincidence Counter data would reflect the result truly, if as you state, you decided to delete the data without observing it first? How could you know? Using the tree falling in woods and whether it makes no sound if unobserved, is it not true to say that you cannot really know if the data reflects an inteference pattern or clumps pattern if you don't actually observe it. Sort of reminds me of a Viterbi decoder, i.e., error correction before error detection!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by cointelprotroll

When we accept that we aren't even close to such knowledge, we will make progress. Ignorance stems from believing you already know the answer when you haven't collected all the facts.

Agreed.

I await the day that science and God come to terms with one another, and spirituality and science become one. Because they actually are...we just haven't discovered it yet.

Sorry, but gonna have to call you out on that one. For someone who claims to believe that 'ignorance stems from believing you already know the answer', you seem to be pretty sure of yourself.

I believe that science/spirituality, or more accurately 'the pursuit of truth' will become something that we can't even comprehend as of now, especially when we start to get a better understanding of the quantum world and what 'objective reality' actually is (if it 'is' at all).

edit on 16-5-2012 by CaptainIraq because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Thanks for the info, flagged.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The Answer isnt GOD. Or MAGIC. It is simple.

You see the slit as NOTHING, Emptyness, But it is not.

You see the Observer as INTELLEGENT, Divine? or LIVING, But it is not.

We Observed the Experiment OURSELVES, without effecting Quantum Consciousness .

For you see the TRUTH is Far more Boring than FICTION.

We, Are NO MORE or Less ALIVE than the single electron. Or the Mechanical Observer.

Consciousness IS an ILLUSION. it is NO MORE than the Observation of TIME.

I HAVE SMOKED TOO MUCH POT AND LOST MY TRAIN OF THAUHGT.

But i did know the answer to the universe last night! lol.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The wave formation is the same particles that exist everywhere simultaneously and isn't rendered in a specific location, it is only when consciousness, the computer monitor, is looking at the data that it takes form.

Our reality actually share more properties of holograms and virtual reality or dreams than with the conventional materialistic scientific reality. Here's some food for thought.

Be it a simulation, a hologram or a dream.. It is all an illusion, we are literally creating "reality" as we go. It is a co creation of collective consciousness, what we are witnessing is simply the result of the imagination of those that came before us. No matter in what direction, or what subject you look at it will appear infinite, there is always more to creation. The better microscopes and telescopes scientists create they will observe more, just another layer, following the rules of the Fibonacci sequence/fractals/sacred geometry.. "the fingerprint of god" and created by our minds.. . It is like a infinitely finite fractal. Like this:

I'll conclude with this, the Omega point & quantum computing.. mindblowing.

I'll make my own extensive thread on the subject when I have the time.
edit on 16-5-2012 by anno141 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2012 by anno141 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by FenderWolf
So, lets think about the old saying: "A Watched Pot Never Boils."

The water knew. It knew all along.

Well that can be proven wrong just by putting a pot of water on the stove and turning the stove on. I can promise you that without fail as long as the heat is turned up that pot of water will boil. Every time ! Now a pot of water on a cold stove will sit there until it evaporates on its own just by the heat of the room. Either way the water will eventually become a cloud. The water will disappear no matter what.

maybe you just need to turn your internal chronomiter off

edit on 16-5-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Waves of probability. That's what the universe is. Matter being everywhere at the same time. Upon observation, it takes form where you expect it. Quantum physics are amazing imo, and we've only begun to barely scratch the surface of what we know. I think it will change the world - especially in certain areas like transportation and communication. When you move an atom in location A, and it moves in tandem at the same instant at location B, 10 billion light years away.. it really opens up possibilities, yes?

The double-slit was reproduced more than once, most recently I believe, by a Japanese research team, using cutting edge equipment. One of the most awesome experiments ever imo, and could everything we know about.. everything.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
First of all, the double slit ... our measurements are "finite". In more than one sense, a coulomb is what is measured as the load of one electron. It is however, by no means certain that electrons travel anywhere ... therefore the anology is by no means certain. That our measurements tool, affect the environment, is well known ... it is what we know why we can't rely on measurements, that have several digits below zero. It's also why you can't rely on quantum physics, it's an interresting field though.

Another thing about 4 dimensions. There are no 2 dimensional objects, even a figure on paper is still a 3 dimensional figure. it has the height, or depth of 1. So the entire "explanation" fails, because a figure with the height of 1, has to grow to become a different height.

If you drive a car, to go a distance requires energy ... if you walk a distance, your body needs to burn energy.

This should tell you, that "distance" is a function of energy ... even down to the "Van der Vals" of molecules.

What it tells you, is that our 3 dimensional world is an illusion ... it's an illusional factor, where we see a distance where there very well may be none. Because our senses, and all we are is measuring this distance by the amount of energy we burn.

The most complex functional parameter in this, is time ... this is the one factor, that is the hardest to explain.

But basically, you could say that you are a 2 dimensional figure, that think you are living in a 3 dimensional world. Because you consider "contrast" and "color" to be distance. While in reality, you are merely a figure on a TV screen ... with different energy states.

That is what wormholes are, they are merely high energy states, rarely achieved ...

Which means, the entire Universe you are looking at out there ... is PRECISELY the same size it was, at the time of creation ... it is neither growing, or getting smaller.

It would be illogical if it could ... where would it grow to, or shrink from ...

And finally, and this one I love the most ... there is no vaccuum.

edit on 16/5/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join