It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth In Crisis As Wildlife Numbers Plummet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
...and according to the media and supposed scientists, it's all a natural die-off or caused by fireworks.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
We can talk about going green until we're blue in the face.

The fact of the matter is this is the fate humanity has chosen, it's inevitable and irreversible.

Sure we can come up with ideas, but the simple truth is that our sheer size alone cannot undo what has been done.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Maybe someone eliminated the Arch on the food chain [Keystone specie] and that's why all the animals are dying off underneath it. Ever think of that? Take the arch out and everything crumbles to the ground. Leave the Arch in and it's a stable environment. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

Dolphins are secondary consumers which keep a balance in the food chain. Take them out, the food chain is going to crumble. Dolphins are basically the Arch in the water environment.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Maybe someone eliminated the Arch on the food chain [Keystone specie] and that's why all the animals are dying off underneath it. Ever think of that? Take the arch out and everything crumbles to the ground. Leave the Arch in and it's a stable environment. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

Dolphins are secondary consumers which keep a balance in the food chain. Take them out, the food chain is going to crumble. Dolphins are basically the Arch in the water environment.

You got that right. The dolphins were BRUTALLY KILLED, as explained. Details in the link I gave to Randy in this thread.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Until people wake up and frankly, revolt, life will go on as usual. That is to say, sprinting down a dead end. China wants pieces of animals for their odd uses and they can afford to get them by bribery or just putting out enough money to sway people to kill elephants, rhinos, tigers, bears, and they are not the only nation doing so. We will continue to wreak havoc on our environment for profit elsewhere, that's our delightful human nature... at least the dark side of it that shows up in various places. Without combating it face to face, we will all lose out. And it will be the end of us. Greed, corruption, lack of conscience, ignorance, and laziness, and more. Sprinting Down a Dead End.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

We don't care.

I don't mean to sound rude but we don't.

There is a small handful of people on the planet who really do care and they are working night and day to reverse the fates of these creatures. There are many who help them and then there are the rest of us who don't even know what is going on. We are still complaining about the price of lumber and heat.

When we wake up they will all be gone.
What a steep price to pay for ignorance.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

It is depressinglly easy to personally notice if you watch wildlife of all sorts. For several years I've had a hive of bees come to my water and take it back to build a new comb each summer. Not this year. Not one single bee yet. Yesterday, I noticed in a 30x30 patch of blooming flowers that there were only two bees at work.

Speaking of bees, they rather like my house. I keep hearing about the buzzing population declining, but they like my house. I wonder if it could be because I'm the only guy in town (as far as I know) who doesn't use a cell phone, who doesn't have Wi-Fi, who has Nothing Wireless (beyond my little infrared TV remotes). This place is like a haven for bees and other buggers. Perhaps an "island" in the midst of yuppieville's addiction to instant gratification microwaving...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
i SERIOUSLY doubt the earth is in "crisis". Mankind maybe in "crisis" but earth will still be doing her thing: PRODUCING.

I really begin to wonder about people that are "awake". If you're awake.....why do you talk as though you were still sleeping? I'm CERTAIN....they have 2 of every kind of species, being well taken care of; somewhere in their underground bunkers. Maybe that's the plan. Destroy everything that moves, on the face of the earth. Then, once life is extict, they just open the cave doors, and life starts all over again. Kinda like Noah's arc....but for the elite.

Keep this in mind, the object is to keep nature in perfect balance....not to destroy it. Destroying the planet, goes against everything they believe in, according to the Georgia Guidestones.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nahahh
i SERIOUSLY doubt the earth is in "crisis". Mankind maybe in "crisis" but earth will still be doing her thing: PRODUCING.

I really begin to wonder about people that are "awake". If you're awake.....why do you talk as though you were still sleeping? I'm CERTAIN....they have 2 of every kind of species, being well taken care of; somewhere in their underground bunkers. Maybe that's the plan. Destroy everything that moves, on the face of the earth. Then, once life is extict, they just open the cave doors, and life starts all over again. Kinda like Noah's arc....but for the elite.

Keep this in mind, the object is to keep nature in perfect balance....not to destroy it. Destroying the planet, goes against everything they believe in, according to the Georgia Guidestones.

2 of every kind would not be sustainable unless there was a lot of molecular research and work involved.

The major problem is that humanity failed to leave earth during the 20th century. The rich nations of the world are content with consumerism and have no desire to explore the stars.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Well we've overpopulated the planet to such a degree that the majority of species are suffering,unfortunately it has reached such a state of crisis that we are heading towards a point of no return,the question is,which nation will be the first to adopt a policy of compulsory euthanasia? Frightening times are ahead.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

I think that you could apply the keystone analogy to all species EXCEPT humankind,What I am getting at is,for example,take one of the species of predatory big cats out of the equation(say tigers),the deer on which they primarily prey would multiply unchecked,placing a strain on the flora on which they depend,the flora would become endangered placing the insects which depend on it in danger,with the insects dwindling there would be less pollination of multiple floral species and a rise in the number of animal carcasses, who inevitably die from natural causes,Unhosted by insect larvae causing the potential for bacteria to multiply at a greater rate due to their not being broken down as quickly as normal,bacteria spreading could potentially spell doom for many other species who have never been exposed to such high numbers of strains of bacteria.

Should mankind become extinct,the general prognosis would be a gradual recovery of the Earth's natural balance.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NullVoid
We marvel and despise cloning, why not on these ? Its a good cause IMHO, any other view ?
2nd line - cloning the panda is much better than fighting to clone a human. Heck, the chicken you ate today was systematically cloned, why not these wildlife ?

...because that would actually fix the problem and neuter the fearmongering, silly. They don't want the problems to disappear... they just want to use the problems to force developed nations into technological and fiscal austerity.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

What we need to do is spread intelligent information about ways to reduce our pollution. We need to talk about ecconomical technologies such as clean coal. Million dollar scrubbers can remove so much of the coal pollution that I heard people say they'd eat a picknic out in the lawn of the power plant. It would be a lot cheaper than nuclear, so we wouldn't have to worry about more fukashimas and the leaky radiation that comes from those plants and the waste storage facilities. The more you read up on things like this and can talk intelligently, and intelligently about the problem, the more people will realize it's a real issue. Right now most people think environmentalists are crazy, and I hear that's because the government drove that discipline into the ground in an effort to sideline it. But YOU have the power to be smart enough on it that you can spread intelligent discussion, which is interesting and that will get the word out a lot more effectively. That's one of the best things any of us can do on all these problems, we need a critical mass of intelligent awareness, which feeds on itself, since people like intelligent discussion. I find avoiding fear and talk of imminent doom lets you speak more freely and keeps minds from locking up. People have seen so much crazy talk about imminent doom in the media, probably for this purpose, that they don't want to talk about it since all they've seen is crazy talk on the subject. Saying something every day is important too. I think the internet is the best way to do that, either through spam or leaving comments on forums every day. In places where people don't know about this, like on yahoo news or something. There is power in chipping away at a problem for 30 minutes each and every day for a long time. You get other people interested, and they can start doing the same, and that's how you get the ball rolling and gaining momentum. The best constructive criticism I can offer is: We don't inform the uninformed enough. It can be anonymous, you can make a fake email and email all your contacts and they'll just think it's some crazy person and won't know it's you. But we HAVE to tell other people every day, and get good at saying just enough of what they'll hear and not more than that so you can keep your reputation if your doing it face to face. Saying the problems they'll listen to like the true text you read in crazy laws or something, and work your way down to more important things over the course of weeks or months. That's probably how you got started, one clue after the next.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nake13

the question is,which nation will be the first to adopt a policy of compulsory euthanasia? Frightening times are ahead.

Might be for the best, reducing the human population. It would give the "lower" animal life more of a fighting chance to survive.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Earth is a planet in crisis

Really? This is written from a detached perspective, as if there is a basis for comparison.

News isn't even sensational anymore. It is downright moronic.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB

Originally posted by nake13

the question is,which nation will be the first to adopt a policy of compulsory euthanasia? Frightening times are ahead.

Might be for the best, reducing the human population. It would give the "lower" animal life more of a fighting chance to survive.

I quite agree,we as a species have raped the planet for far too long for there to be much of an alternative,human population levels in certain parts of the globe are reaching, or rather have now reached, saturation point,certainly in the cases of nations such as India and China.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
This explains the position of the Georgia Stones.

For those who do not know, the Georgia Stones are a huge set of stones erected by an unknown group in Georgia. en.wikipedia.org...

On the stones it says:

Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
Unite humanity with a living new language.
Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
Balance personal rights with social duties.
Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.

For the first condition to be true, many people must die.

---

Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh (the husband of Queen Elizabeth) is one of the founders of the WWF.

In the Chancellor's Lecture, Salford University, June 4, 1982, he said:

"The object of the WWF is to ``conserve'' the system as a whole"

---

"Human population growth is probably the single most serious long-term threat to survival. We're in for a major disaster if it isn't curbed...We have no option. If it isn't controlled voluntarily, it will be controlled involuntarily by an increase in disease, starvation and war." - HRH Prince Philip, interview "Vanishing Breeds Worry Prince Philip, But Not as Much as Overpopulation", People Magazine, Dec. 21, 1981

---

"Once you have interfered with the balance of nature it becomes necessary to maintain the balance by artificial means. This means that some animals have to be killed in the interest of maintaining the health and viability of the species as a whole as well as the benefit of other more vulnerable species. Unfortunately there are many people who object to that sort of thing. "

---

"In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, in order to contribute something to solve overpopulation."

Reported by Deutsche Press Agentur (DPA), August, 1988.

---

"I just wonder what it would be like to be reincarnated in an animal whose species had been so reduced in numbers than it was in danger of extinction. What would be its feelings toward the human species whose population explosion had denied it somewhere to exist.... I must confess that I am tempted to ask for reincarnation as a particularly deadly virus."

Prince Philip, in his Foreward to If I Were an Animal; United Kingdom, Robin Clark Ltd., 1986.

I don't know what to think about this personally. Maybe the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few. Or that is, the need of the whole outweighs the need of the individual. However, on the other hand, nature up till now has maintained itself without any need for "intervention".

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Have we known this all along?

In Asia, tiger numbers have fallen 70% in just 30 years.

The "ecological footprint" of human activity was 50% higher than the capacity of the Earth's land and oceans in 2008, the most recent year for which figures are available, with people living as though we have a planet and a half to sustain us.

Thanks for this material Zcustosmorum - the Footprint network site looks like it has some good data to sift through.

With all the poaching and craze for TV shows about exploiting our resources (you know the ones - gold, fish, alligators etc..) we are probably bringing even more human plundering onto many species.

We have some disturbing practices - avicide anyone?

Anyhow, I found this site that maps out wildlife populations by species and thought it might be worth sharing in addidtion here: Map of Life

It is new but I think it's interesting and possibly quite useful.

Peace

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

If you don't want to be implanted with birth control then be responsible and don't have a bunch of kids you can't support. Expecting the Federal Government's money, which is all of us to support you with welfare and medicade.
There is no such thing as a free ride or free money honey. Someone is erning it and having to support alot of others.

I personally have arelative who has two college degrees in Engineering, and his wife has a BA. Yet, they have chosen not to work for the last 12 years. They are on welfare and medicade. They went ahead and had a third child. One of the first children just came down with diabetes. In my mind they are total free loaders. They mooch off the realatives, their friends, the church, the government. What do you do with individuals like that? They even borrowed a substantial sum off another relative, a shocking amount which will Never Be Repaid. A few people can really drag down everyone. I don't think certain indiviuals should reproduce and propetuate the cycle to continue. One of the kids fell out an upper window at a young age because of the irresponsibility in their thinking. Yes! I dare to think of sparing some unborn child a bad future..... Birthcontrol is the answer to welfare.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
...and according to the media and supposed scientists, it's all a natural die-off or caused by fireworks.

I think I'll choose the "fireworks" explanation, every new year and 4th of July ... piles and piles of startled to death little bodies ..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join