It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA: our solar system passing into INTERSTELLAR CLOUD that 'should not exist', may collide

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

If you can't count, how are we supposed to take the rest of your post seriously?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You might want to elaborate on that temperature a bit in order to show how our solar system probes can survive years of travel.

My understanding is that temperature is difficult to measure in a near vacuum, you must have molecules. If you could release a dozen 100,000 F hydrogen atoms in your living room you would not notice the difference. True?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
passing thru our galaxy's photon belt which has a temp of ~6000C for approx the next 20,000 yrs

our solar system could sooner or later eventually collide with other solar system(s)

solarstormwarning.com...
www.nasa.gov...

and to top it off, brand new NASA IBEX study has discovered that our heliosphere IS NOT MOVING FAST ENOUGH to create a 'BOW SHOCK' a bow shock being what NASA had assumed our sun/solar system has but many other surrounding stars do, which functions for them to plow thru interstellar matter

"Observations of a few astrospheres have shown bow shocks around those stars, but IBEX has shown that our star has a fundamentally different environment surrounding it," says Christina Prested (Boston University), a Nasa IBEX scientist not involved in the published study. "These results are very exciting as we can now definitively say what it's like in the neighborhood of our solar system."
-May 10, 2012

IBEX's Slower Sun — and No Bow Shock NASA's Interstellar Boundary Explorer has discovered that the Sun has no bow shock, overturning decades of scientific research.

and within our own solar sytem, things are 'heating' up!

edit on 15-5-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

Good Post OP , The interstellar cloud is the dark rift the Mayans talk about, within the dark rift there is so much gamma ray and photons , light particles. Mayans claim the world will change, so will humanity. World is changing it self as we can all see it. It is adopting to the new environment. We humans need to do the same. Coming 2012 we will enter the band of photon, known as the photon belt, can be considered as the interstellar cloud, its filled with photons, light particles. Sun emits photons , that's where we get our energy, now imagine adding more light to planet Earth, our DNA changes. Our brain pattern changes. We get our unsolved answers about the universe. But, I read somewhere, make sure you are ready for this change, other wise it will be a doomsday for you. Lets hope everyone makes it to the dark rift and enters the golden age, the age of the gods.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

Yup. That's exactly right and that's the point. The ions are very "hot" but there are very few of them.

The interstellar fluff is cooler and more less dense (much less dense) than the solar wind.
6,000º (gasp) is nothing and the fluff is next to nothing.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
isnt "photo belt" less pseudoscientific & less misleading than "local fluff" yet scientific community adopted the latter and condemned the former to newagers despite the former alluding to the 'photon dense area" and the latter alluding to well... pure pseudonym - local? a purely relative term and fluff we all know means (to) puff out. make less dense ie fluffy ...yet.. "The Fluff is about twice as dense as the interstellar meduim surrounding"
now THAT is a confusing.
eands.caltech.edu...

and prominent scientific sources referring to the 6000F temp as quote "very hot" yet apparently its... 'nothing'?

edit on 15-5-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnixFE

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
DO THE MATH: 1948+70=2018. SUBTRACT 7 YEARS FOR TRIBULATION. YOU GET 2012.

I'm pretty good in math and 2018-7 is 2011 for me so I'm not buying anything of that

Not unless you are only going to the end of 2017. To get to the end of 2018, you need to count from the beginning of 2012.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeo
reply to post by EnochWasRight

If you can't count, how are we supposed to take the rest of your post seriously?

Again, the beginning of 2012 to the end of 2018 is 7 years, our can you count?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I'll try to answer in part. Being twice as dense as the surrounding area lends itself to being termed a 'cloud', but it still is not dense (a relative term). If you had a sandbox with 10 grains of sand and another with 20 grains you still can not build a sand castle.

Likewise the temperature being 'hot'. A single drop of water at 200 degrees F is hot but you can't cook a meal in it. That single drop has little or no functional value nor effect on it's environment.

I believe that photons are light and other electromagnetic radiation waves/particles while protons are sub atomic particles, that the solar wind is protons and this 'cloud' is hydrogen and helium atoms. There could have been a typo somewhere along the way on photons and protons.

edit on 15-5-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnixFE

DO THE MATH: 1948+70=2018. SUBTRACT 7 YEARS FOR TRIBULATION. YOU GET 2012.

I'm pretty good in math and 2018-7 is 2011 for me so I'm not buying anything of that

Did you carry the 2?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx

I'll try to answer in part. Being twice as dense as the surrounding area lends itself to being termed a 'cloud', but it still is not dense (a relative term). If you had a sandbox with 10 grains of sand and another with 20 grains you still can not build a sand castle.

Likewise the temperature being 'hot'. A single drop of water at 200 degrees F is hot but you can't cook a meal in it. That single drop has little or no functional value nor effect on it's environment.

I believe that photons are light and other electromagnetic radiation waves/particles while protons are sub atomic particles, that the solar wind is protons and this 'cloud' is hydrogen and helium atoms. There could have been a typo somewhere along the way on photons and protons.

of course its relative thats why they say 'very hot' - relative to surrounding intergalactic space/vacuum, i gather? so again how is 6000C not very hot - esp when it IS relative to surrounding real estate. im not sure, is it being said the scientific article is wrong for saying its very hot??

amassing of stars (which emit photons galore) is not where they got photon belt??

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

I do not see the world changing itself. You absolutely must provide what you have to prove this.
You have nothing except your silly belief in this end of times doom and gloom nonsense. It really bugs me when these New agers assume that everyone is on board with them with blanket statements like "everybody knows" or as "we can all see" when in fact we dont all know and we all dont see what they see or think they know.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

isnt "photo belt" less pseudoscientific & less misleading than "local fluff" yet scientific community

The term "Photon belt" is complete nonsense and it has nothing to do with the local fluff.

The region being discussed is actually referred to "scientifically" as the Local Interstellar Cloud. Clouds are fluffy, therefore it's easy to make the transition to using "local fluff" for short.

"The Fluff is about twice as dense as the interstellar meduim surrounding" now THAT is a confusing.

Why is it confusing?

and prominent scientific sources referring to the 6000F temp as quote "very hot"

Can you provide some of those sources so that I can see the statement in context?

edit on 5/15/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Phage addressed the very hot issue in an earlier reply, it is both hot and not hot depending on what you compare it to.

When it comes to temperatures of plasma 6000º is no big deal. In fact it's rather chilly. We are surrounded with plasma from the Sun at a temperature of more than 100,000º right now.

I'll have pass on the photon issue. I think they, in various forms, are emitted from most every heavenly body. It seems to be relative density to me.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Time out, doom and gloom? Me? No way! I say this cloud we are in is a nothing event.

I like it when Congressmen start their boiler plate letters with 'As you know....'

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
the IBEX probe is in Earth orbit.

It is not measuring what will strike the Earth, it is measuring what is striking the Earth (and has been for ages).

We are not about to be toasted, at least IBEX is

edit on 15/5/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It's over 20,000 years, I doubt this is nearly as grave as Fukushima, at least for the span of our lifetimes. Anyways, certified destruction may be the only way to get mankind to band together and work towards a collective solution, so this may be a great thing.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
the IBEX probe is in Earth orbit.

It is not measuring what will strike the Earth, it is measuring what is striking the Earth (and has been for ages).

We are not about to be toasted, at least IBEX is

edit on 15/5/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

I meant "as far as IBEX is concerned" but had to deal with a minor emergency and when I got back, the four hour timeout allowed for edits had expired. Sorry all.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Maybe

I think there is a cloud and it is passing and it is shrinking the suns field by it's own force, our sun is pure and clean (hence the life on earth), so it is not going out. It will burn some of the extra particles and the field will grow straight away as it digests heavier elements and the balance will be returned.

The atmosphere caused by the sun will not be the same again. Perhaps there is life in the cloud. It is getting harder not to sense the change in energy, though I am meditating with energy bodies.

We will experience a new dimension of space, as it were. The tyranny of distance will feel different as celestial bodies will feel close. The elements will affect us, and some might even be physically desirable, in case this 20,000 year stint is not new thing and part of earlier earth-life adaption.

I'm not surprised that this came as a surprise because science is thickened by scientific method and can't see how every conceivable thing is always changing, so the trajectories of space objects that might hit us are unfathomable - at least to science, but not to the birds and the bee's.

That's why religion has a handle on this, but not only religious people are touched by god. They could be anyone.

If you blow into a candle flame as gently as possible for as long as you can, just slightly pushing the flame, perhaps that's what earth is in for, for the next 20,000 years ... perhaps we will discover consciousness in the breath.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by oghamxx

I do not see the world changing itself. You absolutely must provide what you have to prove this.
You have nothing except your silly belief in this end of times doom and gloom nonsense. It really bugs me when these New agers assume that everyone is on board with them with blanket statements like "everybody knows" or as "we can all see" when in fact we dont all know and we all dont see what they see or think they know.

blanket statements like "everybody knows" or as "we can all see"

You said this as a direct accusation against New Ager's. You are targeting the wrong people with your blanket statement. I do aim this at your 'type' but in the fact you made a hypocritical accusation.

Would you like to contend that all New Ager's as you call them, deserve your claims?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

THE FIG TREE IS ISRAEL. A GENERATION IS 70 YEARS. DO THE MATH: 1948+70=2018. SUBTRACT 7 YEARS FOR TRIBULATION. YOU GET 2012.

Ummmm... 2018 - 7 = 2011 and that's over with already

and exactly why did you start at 1948??

and why didn't you use 7.222 instead of 7?

Sorry, but you don't really support what you're trying to say.
edit on 15-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join