It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This the Beginning of SHTF?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'm no expert on economy, but this does not look good. Especially since we're all tied into the markets together. Looks like the dominos are about to fall. Although it's looked bad before. Greece first, Spain second, and now who knows what for the French. Anybody out there that can explain the possible effects on our economy or that could explain this a little a better?

Technocratic governmentA (me): Technically (no pun intended), a technocratic government is one in which the ministers (or what we call “Secretaries” in the United States) are not career politicians; in fact, in some cases they may not even be members of political parties at all. They are instead supposed to be “experts” in the fields of their respective ministries. So the classic example is that the Finance Minister (or Treasury Secretary in the US) would be someone with an academic background in economics who had worked for years at the IMF, but has not previously run for elective office or been heavily involved in election campaigns.

Robert Winnett, David Blair, and Bruno Waterfield

Greece may be forced to leave the euro if the country refuses to implement spending cuts agreed with the European Union, Angela Merkel warned.
Stock markets around the world fell sharply with fears mounting that a euro break-up could lead to renewed financial turmoil. The FTSE-100 index of Britain’s major companies fell by two per cent to 5465, with bank shares hit particularly hard.

Wolfgang Schaeuble, the German finance minister, added: “We have a very nervous situation in the eurozone.”

The cost of Spanish government borrowing also hit a record high since the single currency was introduced because of concerns that the crisis will spread.He said the advantages of Greece staying in the euro outweighed any perceived gain from exiting the single currency. “But it will be strenuous,” he said. “The price if they decide to leave the euro is very high. It would cause a huge amount of turbulence for all of us.”

edit on 14-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: typo

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Why the Required Spending Cuts in Europe but here in the Good All US of A we continue on a record spending/bailout scam that has never been seen before???

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
**it has been hitting the fan since before the ink was dry on the Constitution and its only since the civil war that people seemed to acquire a taste for **hit. But now that they're shoveling it at the fan faster than anybody can duck, people are beginning to notice it really doesn't taste all that great when the **it hits them in the face.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

The sh*t began hitting the fan when the first banker crawled out of the primordial slime.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Greece, Spain, Ireland, and Portugal should have never been allowed to join the euro. They all benefited greatly by joining though. They all had higher interest rates before joining but once they joined they basically borrowed Germany credit to get cheap financing and spent more than they should.
The problem is that they do not have monetary Independence. The US does. Thats why it would be better off for Greece left the euro and and brought back its own currency. It would be better for them in the long run.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The SHTF five years ago, we just don't know it and not knowing it gives them more time to dampen the effects. I'm surprised it actually lasted five years.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Why the Required Spending Cuts in Europe but here in the Good All US of A we continue on a record spending/bailout scam that has never been seen before???

Why????

Because we have a big government, big spending liberal as POTUS and a bunch of his ilk in the senate. 

That and our idiots in government have the ability to print money. Imagine if the law didn't apply to you and you had a legal money printing machine in your garage. It would take a very honest person to deny the temptation of unlimited money and power.  

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

The first banker
primordial slime that's a good one!!!! I'll have to remember that but you forgot to mention their bosom buddies the first politician too. They are all in it together.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yes, I know. Wouldn't it be nice if we could print our own money. It'd be just as bad as the Fed's, but at least it'd be our own.
The trouble for us is that they have gone to great lengths to see that we have been cut effectively powerless by TPTB when it comes to undermining the constitution of this country, even a friend of mine who doesn't know that much about the constitution and the amendments know they are going against us at every step. I know some but not all. The Fed Reserve and the UN should never have as much power as they do. Even though I'm not a constituionalist by anyway, shape, or form I know what they're doing is wrong..

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yes, I know. Wouldn't it be nice if we could print our own money. It'd be just as bad as the Fed's, but at least it'd be our own.
The trouble for us is that they have gone to great lengths to see that we have been cut effectively powerless by TPTB when it comes to undermining the constitution of this country, even a friend of mine who doesn't know that much about the constitution and the amendments know they are going against us at every step. I know some but not all. The Fed Reserve and the UN should never have as much power as they do. Even though I'm not a constituionalist by anyway, shape, or form I know what they're doing is wrong..

new topics

top topics

join