It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Ron Paul to end active campaigning - cnn

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated

Originally posted by NightGypsy
This is the America we have come to be. The question is, do we have the determination to do something about it?

I'd like to see how we're supposed to do something about. Brainwashed by television, mind-cleansed into total apathy by FDA drugs, genetically engineered slop, and whatever is in the air and water... an education system designed to mold young people into rigidly thinking adult slaves... a police force that is nothing more than thugs-for-hire. The system is rigged, and the chains are being places around our necks while we sit and watch it happen. Determination to do something about it? Color me dubious.

Believe me, Mr.Uncreated, I understand where you're coming from. However, the overwhelming number of supporters that Ron Paul has acquired since 2008 has renewed a passion for liberty among the population. We should be very inspired by this. More people are getting educated about the election process and actively engaging themselves in it. Knowledge is power.

It's taken us decades--even centuries--to acquire the level of complacency we are seeing today among Americans. It will not change overnight, but it's changing.....believe me.

This country is a mere shell of what it used to be. The rest of the world is depending on us to pull our heads out of our asses and prove that we will not tolerate this manipulation anymore. We can be the kind of country the rest of the world aspired to be, but we have to release the stranglehold that has been placed on us at the hands of a few.

We have developed this notion that we cannot fight this corruption because we don't have enough money to fight the elite. It's OUR money that made them powerful. They NEED us to survive. We don't need money to FIGHT them, we need to fight them by refusing to GIVE them our money.

The tides are changing....believe me. We will win.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

you gotta admit Outkast, this is earlier than usual for Ron Paul to drop out. I seriously believe there was a deal going on with the Romney campaign.

I admit that I didn't expect him to suspend campaigning at all.

I mean...how much money does it take for him to go to a couple colleges and give a speech...that is all he does anyway.

If there was a deal, I think it is more likely to be for a prime speaking part at the convention.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
But...I think Romney's pick will be very dull.

Yea you're probably right... urgh Jeb Bush, Rubio... it may end up being a very boring presidential campaign...

Having Paul as the vice presidential running will certainly light up the race.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

you gotta admit Outkast, this is earlier than usual for Ron Paul to drop out. I seriously believe there was a deal going on with the Romney campaign.

I admit that I didn't expect him to suspend campaigning at all.

I mean...how much money does it take for him to go to a couple colleges and give a speech...that is all he does anyway.

If there was a deal, I think it is more likely to be for a prime speaking part at the convention.

It's surprising that he did so well preaching to the choir!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkinin
He's not actually suspending his campaign, he's just not going to spend money on the primary states anymore, from what I can make of this, which is something that he couldn't really afford to do to begin with, seeing as how he doesn't have any banks/etc backing him.

I was shocked when I read the alert below the cspan ticker earlier, it sounded as if he had outright given up, which is why I ran upstairs to confirm the news on the internet. Naturally they would twist it to make it sound like he was dropping out, whether it be because they genuinely don't understand the delegate strategy, or because they're trying to be malicious.

I'll still be voting for Paul when the Primary comes in a few weeks, and I'm expecting many others to come out for him as well.

Still plan on giving the establishment a headache.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Darkinin because: (no reason given)

Ron Paul is following the same path that Herman Cain took a few weeks ago.

It's mainly a legal statement so Ron Paul can continue to collect money and pay bills.

It's over.

---------
BTW, he is too old. There will be no Ron Paul in 2016.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

And you guys spout off almost everyday about how Ron Paul supporters refuse to listen.. He did not drop out, he is still planning to take this to the convention. Hell, if you had read even OKS's earlier post, it says it right in front of you.

But, go ahead and keep putting your fingers in your ears "lalalalala I'm not listening!" I think it's funny, but pathetic.

edit on 14-5-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Ron Paul is done trying to win the nomination...his remaining goal is to have a "stron prescence" at the convention.

Someone who is going after the nomination doesn't just give up with the two biggest states left to vote.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Do you really not understand english ?
Ron Paul said," He will not actively campaign."
Ron Paul did not say, That he was ,Stopping, Ending or Suspending his campaign.
Santorum and Gingrich have said they have suspended their campaigns and support Mittens
I believe in never saying never, so I will say Paul will NOT support Mittens and neither will Paul supports.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Obama's already got 'em fed.

So let's see. He's ending campaigning but still in the running? Probably realizes there's no point competing against dead Romney voters in remaining states along with other voter fraud... His rallies drew thousands in recent months so I'd say that area was well covered (In Texas and California at that).

Paul as VP for Romney, or an endorsement? Don't hold your breath.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I don't think RP needs to campaign anymore as is, I see him on every bumper sticker and yard sign I see.... The people are campaigning for him better than he could ever do for himself, you can't buy that kind of support....
edit on 14-5-2012 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated

Originally posted by Novaroc
reply to post by MrUncreated

It's called taking one for the team. Is our current life worth more than the future of true freedom? "Give me Liberty, or give me death" was never meant to be a hallmark quote...

What future? The only future I see is 1) Fukushima's #4 goes down, and it's over 2) Another bought-and-paid-for puppet gets into office, there's a riot, and we get martial law and FEMA camps 3) Things continue as they are, the rich get richer, the poor stay poor, just like it always has been.

What future?

I feel you 100%. I do. We bear the burden of all that oppression for those who don't see or don't care. The only thing I know for certain is that I have a choice. A choice to submit, or a choice to resist. Remember, there is always a choice.

+6 more 
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
It's mainly a legal statement so Ron Paul can continue to collect money and pay bills.

You DO realize that the Paul campaign operates on ZERO debt, right? There are no bills to pay.

link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Do you really not understand english ?
Ron Paul said," He will not actively campaign."
Ron Paul did not say, That he was ,Stopping, Ending or Suspending his campaign.
Santorum and Gingrich have said they have suspended their campaigns and support Mittens
I believe in never saying never, so I will say Paul will NOT support Mittens and neither will Paul supports.

Why make the statement then? Why release an official press release? It's not like anyone would miss him if he stopped campaigning without a notice.

So tell us...what was the reason for this release?

A few days ago you have Rand Paul saying he is only still in this because of the devotion of his supporters...and now Ron Paul himself says he is not going to campaign anymore and is hoping for a strong prescence at the convention.

I guess he has the nomination locked up...he doesn't need to campaign anymore

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Ron Paul supporters remind me of Charlie Sheen. Here Paul has thrown them all under the bus and they are still proclaiming, "We're winning!"

It's spin. Here's the litany: "Even though Paul has dropped out of the race, we're still winning because we've evoked a spirit of liberty. Everyone is for liberty and stuff like that, so even though we lost, we actually won."

Uh, huh. Whatevah, Charlie.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zakaris

Ugh just nevermind
edit on 14-5-2012 by cetaphobic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think the media doesn't even know what he's doing. I laughed when I read an article on Buzzfeed entitled " Ron Paul is basically dropping out" yet the third paragraph started out with "Paul isn't dropping out, however:"

They then flip back in paragraph four writing "his campaign is saving both money and face by ending his primary bid."

Then they flip again in the last paragraph with this quote that sums up the whole situation.... Asked if this is a dropout, Paul's campaign manager Jesse Benton said "Absolutely not! We are focusing our efforts squarely on winning delegates and party leadership positions at state conventions."

Delegates has been the strategy for a long time (if not from the start). And delegates select the nominee, not straw polls.

Ron Paul is basically dropping out.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Zakaris because: added link to article

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

You DO realize that the Paul campaign operates on ZERO debt, right? There are no bills to pay.

The Ron Paul reality distortion field has collapsed.

It was a lot of fun but it's over.

There will be no 2016 run.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zakaris
I think the media doesn't even know what he's doing.

Oh goodness. It's another part of one big plan for Ron Paul to win the nomination.

Delegates has been the strategy for a long time (if not from the start).

How many delegates do you think Ron Paul really has?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

There will be no 2016 run.

No doubt. Your type would have destroyed the planet completely, by then. I hope you enjoy the fallout and brimstone. Good luck.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join