It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Ron Paul to end active campaigning - cnn

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I understand your point and have some of the same hesitations to not buy Paul's stance 100%. He is very good on liberty issues, most of them, and there are powers that are best left up to the States, however in those areas that concern equality there are things in the US Constitution where federal powers do come in to play and we would hope those protections remain. BUT, and it's a big but, the federal government too often oversteps its bounds and that is reason to limit them.

Throughout, Paul has been a longshot. If by miracle he pulls off a win I'm sure I could live with those areas I disagree with him. However, I believe Paul has awakened a spirit of liberty in many heretofore sleeping individuals and started a movement. He may end up being the most influential non-winning candidate ever to take a shot at POTUS. I hope personal autonomy becomes and remains the political wave for the future of the world.

ETA: Damned ATS servers and their propensity for greating double posts. I'll let this one stand unless I think of something else to edit into this double.

edit on 16-5-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Actually, Herman Cains campaign is not suspended. Although it is in Zombie mode.

Just a clarification

new topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join