It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOMETHING MASSIVE ON THE SUN!!! Yep sunspot AR1476...An Amateur photo (That’s me!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
My hope was to have a more interesting thread for one of my first posts, but I was pretty pleased with how these photos turned out so I thought I would share them! Also please do not stare at the sun without proper eye protection you will damage your eyes (despite what sun gazers say).

As many of you may or may not know I am an Amateur astronomer and photographer. I have made this very clear on many threads most of them in the line of “There is something on the Sun” or “Nibiru”. Simply to state that there are many like myself, who would most likely see some sort of an object the size of a planet entering our solar system sometimes even before a scientist would. So that “NASA” hiding something like this can be typically be dispelled (and yet it persists…lol).

Well as not to get to far off topic I wanted to post a photo of AR1476, one of the more massive sunspots in recent years. The whole complex (series of spots) from top to bottom is roughly larger than the diameter of Jupiter. I show this scale on the link provided below. The large black area is larger than the Earth!

This my photograph with limited editing (mostly stacking to create a very crisp and sharp image). It was taken on 5" Celestron Nexstar5 with a Canon T2i.

Here is AR1476

Also here is a link to my Deviantart gallery with more images of the sunspot and it's scale as well as other artwork and photographs!

Also if anyone is interested I plan to make an animated .gif of the evolution of AR1476 as well as possible post the movies I have taken of this gigantic sunspot!

I hope you enjoy it!
edit on 14-5-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
*crickets*

Hmm thought there might be a few more people interested in some Amateur science...or at least a pretty cool photo...meh...

OK so this is me being impatient...please ignore.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I had an eye exam in 2008. I learned about sungazing later that year and started the practice. In 2009 I had my eye exam. My vision improved. Don't knock something until you try it.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
*crickets*

Hmm thought there might be a few more people interested in some Amateur science...or at least a pretty cool photo...meh...

It is interesting. I applaud you for taking the photo, I starred and flagged you.. That being said, it's Monday afternoon, the day after the biggest holiday of the year. Mother's Day. You also just posted this thread. Have a little patience....

Des

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Great job, keep em coming

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Your sunspot photo was quite impressive. I would ask how you did that but chances are your explaination would go way over my head. I also clicked your link to your page. You are very talented. I really like the Big Red Speckled Marble. For some reason it stikes me.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cataka

Ok I will bite...

There are other reasons other than staring at the sun that could have improved your eyesight. Changes in health, diet, increased Vitamin D from being exposed to sunlight, even a blockage that self-repaired. .

I will conceed that modern science does not know everything, but personally I will not recommend looking with your eyes open at the sun. I do however love turning my face (eyes closed to the sun) and feel this is as much sungazing as I need.

Being a mostly night time observer I try to keep my eyes from being exposed to too much light actually...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

LOL Yeah I was being a little impatient...

Thanks for the nice words and for looking

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Thank you! Feel free to leave me a comment on what you liked in the gallery too other than the marble.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
cool pics! spaceweather emailed me earlier telling of this sunspot.
keep waiting for the power to go off after every post they send me!!!

i know it is possible,like the huge flare in the 1800's, but nuthin yet!!!

keep up the good work friend,your doing a fine job!

look forward to your next post

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Really amazing pictures. That is one huge sun-spot. I hope it doesn't erupt a massive CME towards earth. I think we would be in serious trouble if so.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Thanks I will try to put something else together soon!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by georgiaboy

Really amazing pictures. That is one huge sun-spot. I hope it doesn't erupt a massive CME towards earth. I think we would be in serious trouble if so.

It is actually one thing that scares me more than any other so called "conspiracy" is a solar event that creates a huge disruption and possibly resets civilization. I think it is not only possible but ineviable, sort of like earthquakes, storms and floods we should be buffering our networks, technology and other electrical systems to take that kind of blow.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
*crickets*

OK so this is me being impatient...please ignore.

but isn't this like totally NOTHING compared to the GIANT LALALAING triangle on the sun before?

that thing was over a hundred times bigger than this??

im not sure i understand, im just saying.

peace.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Nice pics, good stacking as well.

Do you use a baader filter or something crazy like a Thousand Oaks?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Great photos, can you describe your set up or better yet let's see your set up. Do you spend your evenings outside and do you have some other photos we can look at. Again amazing pictures.
edit on 14-5-2012 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
To me it just looks like a case of a poor diet, and acne spot breakout

Now if you could just capture a pic of that sun sucking planet or spaceship that keeps popping by, I'd be willing to give you a flag + stars!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GhettoRice

Badder film I wish I had enough money for an HA Thousand Oaks filter!!!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96
Great photos, can you describe your set up or better yet let's see your set up. Do you spend your evenings outside and do you have some other photos we can look at. Again amazing pictures.
edit on 14-5-2012 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

I have a link to my gallery in the opening post toward the bottom. On that gallery are some night photos too!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

That was a coronal hole, it can't be seen with the naked eye.

Here's a good article for you:

helios.gsfc.nasa.gov...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join