It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New object near the sun. Video is up. It's coming out of the sun. Zoomed in better.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

So you don't know what a pixel is. Another example of someone not understanding the instruments and why they show what they show.

The output of a CCD pixel is proportional to the amount of light falling onto it.

www.astro-imaging.de...

Photons striking a silicon surface create free electrons through the photoelectric effect. Nature abhors a vacuum and thus a concomitant positive charge or ‘hole’ is generated as well. If nothing else is done the hole and the electron will recombine and release energy in the form of heat. Small thermal fluctuations are very difficult to measure and it is thus preferable to gather electrons in the place they were generated and count them in some manner to create an image. This is accomplished by positively biasing discrete areas to attract electrons generated while the photons come onto the surface. Shown at left is a simple diagram of a CCD pixel.

www.specinst.com...

edit on 5/15/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sorry, I will not agree with you on pixel now. I know what a pixel is in the art world and that is definitely not a pixel. It will be if I take it more out proportion. If it was a pixel it wouldn't that definable in thumbs view. Not that clearly defined anyway.

[Plugging ears....

LALALALALALA]

edit on 15-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

[Plugging ears....

LALALALALALA]

Good way to learn something.
Good way to deny ignorance.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

In this case. I won't agree with you.

Sorry.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Darn, I gotta call them up and have the cloaking device worked on again. My ship is always messing up, those kids can't fix anything right nowadays......Did I say that out loud?.....OOPs, I'm not an alien, I'm just an ordinary white footed mouse rambling on.......You won't remember any of this when you get up in the morning
..Look into my eyes and remember that you will remember nothing. The sore tooth fillings you will have in the morning are not from the frequency we are transmitting to scrample your head, It's from not brushing your teeth. Boy, I gotta quit while I'm ahead

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
i WISH a UFO would come and pay us a visit. Then we can give them directions to 1600 Pennsylvania Blvd...so they can haul our "leaders" outta here!!! Just in time for the elections.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by Phage

Sorry, I will not agree with you on pixel now. I know what a pixel is in the art world and that is definitely not a pixel. It will be if I take it more out proportion. If it was a pixel it wouldn't that definable in thumbs view. Not that clearly defined anyway.

[Plugging ears....

LALALALALALA]

I have been watching you two go at it all afternoon.

A pixel is still a pixel. Wether you use an earthly camera or in deep space. Same thing.

None the less in time you will see that Pixel is used in varied applications and still means the same thing as per

pixel

Maybe you could go back to your art teacher for clarification.

I know, I know , the truth be it a bitter pill....

edit on 15-5-2012 by magma because: content

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Move on, nothing to see here. That one giant object that looks like a spaceship that uses its thrusters to escape the Sun's gravity, it's just pixels.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I would find it funny if a real space ship landed on your porch or rooftop and you would still claim it to be a pixel. It's an object. Period.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
The thing that ticks me off..is the fact that people who have no clue as to what they are looking at because of their lack of education, making stupid threads claiming alien spacecraft around or coming out of the sun on SOHO images. When it always has other mundane explanations and it takes people like Phage or other people who are more qualified to answer what it was.

When confronted with the real answer (with data to back it up) the OP's of these threads deny it and never offer their own data to refute.

People if you have no idea what you are looking find out first before making stupid threads...

No offense towards Phage, seems like a decent guy but all he does is regurgitate the same info thats provided by the same agencies that many of us have come to distrust over the years.

Everytime something comes up, they holler for Phage, knowing full well that his answers will follow along the same lines as the official answers coming from the likes of NASA or JPL (one in the same)

Having said that, why would I trust what he says, anymore than I would trust what they say?
Last time I checked, this site and its discussions,are very much focused on conspiracy related topics. So if you dislike it so much, why did you join?

Edit: I think Phage is NASAS Smarterchild
Phage, what is that? Dust Speck. No, Cosmic Ray. No, its a bokeh..

Link

SmarterChild was an intelligent agent or bot developed by New York's ActiveBuddy, Inc. It was widely distributed across global instant messaging and SMS networks. SmarterChild became very popular with over 30 million Instant Messenger "friends" on AIM (AOL) and MSN over the course of its lifetime. Founded in 2000, ActiveBuddy was the brainchild of Robert Hoffer, Timothy Kay and Peter Levitan. The idea for instant messaging bots came from Hoffer’s vision to add natural language comprehension functionality to the increasingly popular instant messaging and SMS platforms. The original implementation took shape as a word-based adventure game but quickly grew to include a wide range of database applications including instant access to news, weather, stock information, movie times, yellow pages listings, and detailed sports data, as well as a variety of tools (personal assistant, calculators, translator, etc.). These various applications were bundled into a single entity and launched as SmarterChild in 2001. SmarterChild acted as a showcase for the quick data access and possibilities for fun personalized conversation that the company planned to turn into customized, niche specific products

edit on 15-5-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
There's some crazy stuff going on up there that's for sure. I am convinced of that. I didn't read any of the posts (sorry) but was this when they turned SOHO off?

Thanks OP

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

This was when they finally turned Soho back on after they shut it off.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

No offense towards Phage, seems like a decent guy but all he does is regurgitate the same info thats provided by the same agencies that many of us have come to distrust over the years.

No offense...sure.

Yeah, why listen to those who built and use the equipment.
Much better to just make stuff up. "I think it looks like a UFO. Therefore it is a UFO and NASA is lying. "I don't care how consitent the information is with the data. I don't care if I don't understand it. I won't listen (la la la)."

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
What is the timescale of the video? Cosmic rays don't last for 20 seconds, they should only affect one frame of the video.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by repressed

It is in one frame. This one. It is a cosmic ray strike.

sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So, you are saying that you have built this equipment and therefore you have to knowledge that it's pixels and cosmic rays? Is that what you just said?

Okay, misunderstood there.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

No.
I did not say that.

The frame before is at 20:36. The frame after is at 21:16.
There are no "second to second" frames.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

And it jumps on time phage go look.

20:47, 20: 48, 20:54, 20:57 and lol and behold the timestamp on my image.

So not a cosmic ray according to you two.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Again, you don't understand what you are looking at.
The image timestamp is the one in green.

The frame before is at 20:36. The frame after is at 21:16.
There are no "second to second" frames.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No worries. I saw what you were saying. Still not a cosmic ray.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join