It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New object near the sun. Video is up. It's coming out of the sun. Zoomed in better.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Juggernog

No offense towards Phage, seems like a decent guy but all he does is regurgitate the same info thats provided by the same agencies that many of us have come to distrust over the years.

No offense...sure.

Yeah, why listen to those who built and use the equipment.
Much better to just make stuff up. "I think it looks like a UFO. Therefore it is a UFO and NASA is lying. "I don't care how consitent the information is with the data. I don't care if I don't understand it. I won't listen (la la la)."

edit on 5/15/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

No, I wasnt trying to be rude at all. I did my best to state my opinion without being offensive towards you.
People respect your opinion and I do too, on some things. The main point I was trying to make, is that, generally speaking, the people on this site dont trust NASA or their explanations on a variety of matters.
Mainly because, whenever something "fishy" happens, their explanations seem to be scripted and very narrow, kind of like a politicians, and you seem to pose as their unofficial ATS spin-doctor.

edit on 15-5-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

No offense towards Phage, seems like a decent guy but all he does is regurgitate the same info thats provided by the same agencies that many of us have come to distrust over the years.

Everytime something comes up, they holler for Phage, knowing full well that his answers will follow along the same lines as the official answers coming from the likes of NASA or JPL (one in the same)

Having said that, why would I trust what he says, anymore than I would trust what they say?
Last time I checked, this site and its discussions,are very much focused on conspiracy related topics. So if you dislike it so much, why did you join?

Edit: I think Phage is NASAS Smarterchild
Phage, what is that? Dust Speck. No, Cosmic Ray. No, its a bokeh..

Link

SmarterChild was an intelligent agent or bot developed by New York's ActiveBuddy, Inc. It was widely distributed across global instant messaging and SMS networks. SmarterChild became very popular with over 30 million Instant Messenger "friends" on AIM (AOL) and MSN over the course of its lifetime. Founded in 2000, ActiveBuddy was the brainchild of Robert Hoffer, Timothy Kay and Peter Levitan. The idea for instant messaging bots came from Hoffer’s vision to add natural language comprehension functionality to the increasingly popular instant messaging and SMS platforms. The original implementation took shape as a word-based adventure game but quickly grew to include a wide range of database applications including instant access to news, weather, stock information, movie times, yellow pages listings, and detailed sports data, as well as a variety of tools (personal assistant, calculators, translator, etc.). These various applications were bundled into a single entity and launched as SmarterChild in 2001. SmarterChild acted as a showcase for the quick data access and possibilities for fun personalized conversation that the company planned to turn into customized, niche specific products

Now that I could see, automated smart bots are used all the time nowadays. Why pay someone to discredit people when you could have a bot do it for free with some personality thrown in to make them seem real. Phage does have pretty stiff responses a real person would be a bit more emotional, so Phage wanna prove to us your actually real.

edit on 15-5-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

You don't "see" cosmic rays. You only see their effects on the CCD when the impact it. Depending on the angle and intensity of the ray it will produce various artifacts in the image. What you think is "seeing it on its side" is just radiation traveling nearly parallel to the censor and inducing a charge in multiple wells in a line.

Hate to burst your bubble here, but a "cosmic" ray is an unknown ... it's a factor, similar to the "sunlight" factor on a normal lense. But, in reality isn't ... because a CCD is not a lense.

The "source" of the optical lense factor is the sun ... claiming some "cosmic ray" here is ... way beyond stupidity, pardon my french. It's like saying it's a ghost, or a flying saucer ... you're just giving it a new name, and calling it "cosmic ray", to make it sound scientific. So, instead of saying "cosmic rays" and have the idea of some "The fantastic four" in your head, just call it aleins and everyone else will know your talking nonsense.

This is an interresting find, and there is no reason to be using meaningless "doody-doodoo" words, to minimize the effects of this find. This find can suggest many things, it could even mean an orbiting satellite ... because as someone pointed out, even if it is "cosmic rays2, it's just another word for "reflection of the sun corona", that is being reflected by an object or phenomena in space. You're just trying to get the attention away from the "phenomena".

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Mainly because, whenever something "fishy" happens, their explanations seem to be scripted and very narrow

Scripted? You mean the same thing? Did it occur to you that the same explanations are given because the same mistakes are made by those who do not understand what they are looking at and refuse to take the time to learn something about it.

"That looks like a solid object to me and no one can tell me different!" Is that what you call an open mind?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

BUWHAHAA

Phage your funny..

You have got me laughing.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Oh lookie lookie..........

Same object

Still there.....

I'll be posting Star Wars one in slow motion and Star Wars Two in slow motion.
you'll see when it comes out. Working on the videos now.

edit on 15-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Are all your upcoming comments childish and packed
with silly smiley faces?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by snewpers

I like the little smileys..That's what they are there for...

Intruder Alert.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Oh my, you are clueless.
There's nothing to intrude here.

Here, have a pixel .

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by repressed

It is in one frame. This one. It is a cosmic ray strike.

sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

So what are we seeing in this video? Are they interpolating between still frames?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Oh lookie lookie..........

Same object

Still there.....

I'll be posting Star Wars one in slow motion and Star Wars Two in slow motion.
you'll see when it comes out. Working on the videos now.

Reminds me of this thing...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Almost a spitting a image of it that's for sure.

Nice find.

When was that?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

So..is this thing showing in more than one frame?

That would surely put to rest cosmic ray theory....

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

So..is this thing showing in more than one frame?

That would surely put to rest cosmic ray theory....

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Cosmic rays: High energy particles from the solar wind, and from the galaxy as a whole, whip around the SOHO spacecraft and interact with the detectors. These produce spots and streaks on the detector ranging from a single pixel, to large streaks that span a large fraction of the image. These are most evident during a solar storm, as can be seen on this Hot Shot page, but are always present at some level. I know that some people have claimed that they've seen spacecraft-looking things that seem to be moving around, but which are obviously cosmic rays when examined by an experienced observer. People see a cosmic ray at one location in one image, and then another random cosmic ray hit nearby in the next image, and claim they're both the same thing moving between frames.

Sometimes you'll see a cosmic ray seem to persist in the web images for two or more frames. This is because we lose a certain percentage of the data coming down from the spacecraft. In LASCO such losses appear as square blocks in the image. The software which puts the images up on the web will fill in these blocks from the last good image, and if there's a cosmic ray in that block from the previous image, it will appear in this image as well. The way to check for this is to look at the raw data files, which are also available on the web through the SOHO catalog interface.

The entire link/page should be required reading for anyone looking at the images.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Scripted you say?

Like the hundreds of threads about some sort of UFO near the sun with a youtube video as the only source?

[sarcasm]
Yeah, NASA are the one who's scripted!
[/sarcasm]

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Yes...they have all the answers already. All corners covered...if it shows up...looking the same at different frames....it's data loss...if a smudge appears on the moon shots...it's stitching...if it flies weird...it's ice or debris. Universe has nothing on us super smart human beings. All secrets are revealed to us.

Yet theories are made, than worshiped, and tossed aside when no longer found truthful. But they were all truths at one point in time.

Honestly...for once I would like to hear...the words..."we don't know what it is".

God fearing conspiracy theorist has no material to work here...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Ok you are right an advanced alien race may have technology to create massive ships.

But what I meant was they would be seen not just on SOHO. Something that massic (the size of a moon or small planet) would be picked up by other telescopes.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks! That could explain it very well.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join