It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New object near the sun. Video is up. It's coming out of the sun. Zoomed in better.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Damn, people can be so ignorant.

All you are "seeing" are artifacts in the SOHO Mechanics, basically light being reflected off the assemblies inside the SOHO telescope (which is made up of many different optics, assemblies and cameras. SOHO is starting to fail and break down and many of the pictures are not being cleaned up like they should be. Remember, ANY stray particles whether they are dust, light, gamma rays or cosmic rays that hit the CCD cells of the camera are going to register as a bright blip of light. There used to be safeguards to keep reflections from showing up in the images, but im willing to bet those safeguards are no longer functioning the way they should.

Seems its a safer bet than 1000 mile long spaceships hovering in the million degree coronosphere of the sun?

naw... lets stick with aliens, multidimensional space guard or some kind of living plasma beings.... much more plausible....

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OsirisIndigo

et than 1000 mile long spaceships hovering in the million degree coronosphere of the sun?

actually...that doesn't seem too far fetched to me...but in your defence...I watch a lot of star trek

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

maybe it's ice/matter clumps in the fluff,
the interstellar gas cloud we are supposedly going through?

lol girl
don't stare at the sun too much
funny how similar yet complimentary stuff dark objects/shadows happens with the moon

lol i'm surprised you haven't been accused of being another prolific poster of these subjects
[you aren't, different styles]

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You know how far it is from the spacecraft? Really?

are you saying that it's distance/size can't be determined geometrically?
surely the viewing satellite's mag level, relevant angles and distance from sol is available
or is there a variable i'm missing?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

What's a "mag level"?

Yes, I'm saying the distance to something which appears in a single frame cannot be determined.

edit on 5/15/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Shadowalker

Then the damage would never go away.

No. Not much damage. The CCDs are kept at very low temperatures to help avoid that from happening.

why the hell did they design these damn cameras
so they'd act like cloud chambers?

seems to defeat/distract-from the purpose of a space based observatory IMO

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

seems to defeat/distract-from the purpose of a space based observatory IMO

Seems you really don't know much of anything about the instruments.
They work very well.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
looks like somethings exploding

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

really now? if cosmic rays can so easily muck up the pics
thats like taking pics with a dirty lens
please post formula/methodology used by operators of these satt's
and by you to rule 'em out as cosmic ray strikes.

mag level =magnification level
gee phage, if you're a 'bot [not likely]
i'd say you easily pass the turing test

then you fail at using the ol' noggin like that

lol and some posting here lack imagination
a hollowed out asteroid would be a perfect craft for near solar and interstellar travel
as it would provide additional protection from radiation.
edit on 15-5-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by Phage

It seems that that's the way it operates, the make-up of the pictures is from three cameras,

"The three LASCO cameras have a resolution of one megapixel. The base unit of LASCO's pictures are blocks of 32x32 pixels. If only one bit is missing, as it could occur due to disturbances, the whole block is gated out." That's just one scenario, and probably not the cause here.
BTW That's from wiki, A link won't work for me.

This link is to how the resolutions are worked out to combine the pictures into what we see. Good luck.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Almost a spitting a image of it that's for sure.

MH.....that pic of the "x shaped structure" is awesome, but explalinable..... it is the result of 2 asteroids colliding. I love that pic.
edit on 5/15/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Phage

mag level =magnification level
gee phage, if you're a 'bot [not likely]
i'd say you easily pass the turing test

then you fail at using the ol' noggin like that

lol and some posting here lack imagination
a hollowed out asteroid would be a perfect craft for near solar and interstellar travel
as it would provide additional protection from radiation.
edit on 15-5-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

The SOHO optics don't adjust their magnification or focal depth. They are permanently focused on the Sun.

There is no frame of reference, no atmospheric haze or any indicator that we could determine distance to any apparent image. That is what Phage was saying. Things are different for our (stereoscopic and dynamic) eyes and even camera images here within our atmosphere. Here, there are multiple clues as to the distance and size of objects. In space and on an instrument made purely to study the Sun, there are no such clues.

SOHO simply records what strikes its CCD sensors, whether it is light, cosmic rays or energetic particles. The Sun is bright and so SOHO does not need to collect and magnify photons. Hence its optics are very simple and non-dynamic as the target is always at the same fixed distance, it does not need to change its focus.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
THEY ARE COMING........

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

reply to post by smurfy

thanks guys

fixed focus got it

so there's no way to determine [using geometry] distance to sun and or objects viewed then?
how do they know when a flare is going to arrive? based on time of flare?
[i'm sold with cosmic rays btw, but still think it's a "dirty lens way of doing things" ]

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Looking at the picture of the object zoomed in it appears to have a manufactured structure to it. I will be trying to find a less pixelated image so that i will be able to confirm my theory.

Cheers on a great find

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
actually, I saw a picture from that russian short lived misssion....to Mars......with a shadow of an object about the correct size to match what we're posting about here...
judging from the apparent motion and other...(.of the indicated screen of pixels).......I didn't want to say" object" out loud.....hehe

edit on 15-5-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King !!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

thanks guys

fixed focus got it

so there's no way to determine [using geometry] distance to sun and or objects viewed then?
[i'm sold with cosmic rays btw, but still think it's a "dirty lens way of doing things" ]

If we had an indication of its whereabouts (a flare must be coming from the surface of the Sun) then we could apply some measurement to an object in the image. But if we are not sure of its position relative to the Sun, we could not know its size.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I guess you mean CME.
The velocity of a CME can be determined because the distance to its source (the Sun) is known. We have several viewpoints (SOHO, STEREO A, STEREO B) which can be used to analyze the movement of the plasma in detail.

edit on 5/15/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Protons actually damage the silicone of the CCD sensor. The high charge is absorbed by the sensor, damaging it unless the thing is kept below -80 degrees. As the CCD is not self-healing, that means that the streak would stay on the image, not pop in and out.
I think there is a good chance that the images provided by manhater could show cosmic rays, but there also is a chance it might actually show something else like asteroids or other things.

the ignorance here is staggering.

That was a bit harsh to say, don't you think? I do not see how this contributes to the debate. Some folks around here don't know what quantum entanglement is, yet, I don't say to them, ''Your ignorance is staggering.''

Peace.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OsirisIndigo
Damn, people can be so ignorant.

All you are "seeing" are artifacts in the SOHO Mechanics, basically light being reflected off the assemblies inside the SOHO telescope (which is made up of many different optics, assemblies and cameras. SOHO is starting to fail and break down and many of the pictures are not being cleaned up like they should be. Remember, ANY stray particles whether they are dust, light, gamma rays or cosmic rays that hit the CCD cells of the camera are going to register as a bright blip of light. There used to be safeguards to keep reflections from showing up in the images, but im willing to bet those safeguards are no longer functioning the way they should.

Seems its a safer bet than 1000 mile long spaceships hovering in the million degree coronosphere of the sun?

naw... lets stick with aliens, multidimensional space guard or some kind of living plasma beings.... much more plausible....

Yes, people can be so ignorant. That's what happens when you don't know something. You are ignorant of it. Just like you are ignorant as to how many photons from the sun are entering the earth's atmosphere per minute. So, you know what? Gosh, you can be so ignorant when it comes to that particular piece of information! It's so annoying to me that you are soooooo incredibly ignorant about that!

But hey, thanks for teaching us something we didn't know without being a jerk about it!

Unfortunately, since I was being sarcastic and you, in fact, WERE being a jerk about it, I don't think you really changed too many minds... People tend to reject what they hear when it is presented in a condescending manner.

So, if what you say is indeed true... You are not helping the situation at all. You are actually destroying the truth with a battle axe. You know, one of those really cool, double-sided axes?

Calling people ignorant, is actually rather ignorant in itself. You see, since its currently impossible to know everything, we are all ignorant in some way, shape or form. And to call somebody ignorant as if you are disgusted or annoyed by it, means that you seem to expect it to be possible for them to know everything. Which means that it is you who are ignorant of the fact that it is not possible to know everything. It IS possible, however, for someone to know that it is impossible to know everything, and then to proceed with this thought present in your mind and so share what it is you do know with others without making the mistake of assuming that they should already know every piece of information that you just happened to have come across during your lifetime.

Oh, and, while I'm here... "Deny Ignorance" as a motto is a joke. People should deny ignorance and stop telling each other to deny ignorance as if they can just decide one day to "deny ignorance" and then everything will be ok! Like you can just stop in the middle of writing a post and say to yourself, "oh my gosh! I almost forgot to deny ignorance! Haha silly me! Now let me just go read every book that ever was and ever will be written before I finish this post!" Bah! I could go on, but you're all probably too ignorant to understand anybody this... There! You see?? You see how much of a jackass I sounded like right there?! That's exactly what I'm talking about! ...deny ignorance! Pffft!!! Pssshhh!!! That's gotta be about the most moronic, pretentious thing I've ever heard. It's the type of thing you hear a bunch of know-it-all jerks saying while they stand around hi-fiving eachother after calling a fellow human being stupid because they were unaware of some random piece of information due to the fact they didn't read all the same exact books the group of jerks did. Although, unbeknownst to the jerks, this person was very knowledgeable in some areas in which they were very much lacking... And that would be love, compassion and general kindness toward your fellow human. Who do you think lived a fuller, happier, more worthwhile life???

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join