It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11: The WTC Elevator Key

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

This is the video description on YouTube

Why didn't the elevators work in the Trade Center that day? I'll tell you. Many thanks to NK44 and MirageMemories for the English translation at s1.zetaboards.com... NIST clips, Port Authority radio transcripts, dozens of witnesses help describe the plan to disable the firefighting effort, to keep the cover story alive: FIRE induced collapse. Then the official investigations totally ignored the evidence for bombs. Totally ignored the elevator investigation. Here's audio, video, photographic proof... when viewed with the architectural drawings and a good understanding of the elevator system.

Some of the footage is totally new to me. Check it out it's pretty interesting.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Can you possibly put together a synopsis of the elevator theory for those of us who can't watch the video right now?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

holy sh*t
i never knew that
after constantly hearing "stair wells" i forgot to even think of elevators
but then again didnt the "planes" damage the elevators?
seriously there is too manys pros and cons to 9/11 that its now completely distorted and i dont think wil ever be truly understood

+1 more 
posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

and i dont think wil ever be truly understood

That's because too many people don't understand how the real world works. They take the view that there's a conspiracy in every event.
As to the elevators:
The higher elevators were damaged in the impacts.
The lower ones either didn't have power or were damaged from one of the fireballs of fuel that were reported.

Didn't they teach you not to use the elevator during fires and other power sensitive situations?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Yeah I know right, I mean, the whole deal stinks to high heaven, but some critical thinking skills must be employed.

The WTC elevator system, to my knowledge, is similar to the empire state building. You don't have 1 massive elevator going from the ground to the top, you have several.

When the planes smashed into the building, they damaged the power systems, even the fire system (sprinklers) failed. Unless the elevator is damaged, when a loss of power occurs, the safety breaks lock the elevator in place, power is what keeps those locks open.

In the event of fire or emergency, use the nearest stairwell, do NOT use the elevator. Honestly. that little notice is plastered beside every exit door in every office building in north america.

==

Anyways, I will try to watch that video later when I have time, first I've heard of the elevators being "locked" or what not, but again, you don't use them in a fire.
edit on 14-5-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
That's because too many people don't understand how the real world works. They take the view that there's a conspiracy in every event.

Too many people just accept what they are told by the "authorities" without questioning. Now since you don't believe in ANY conspiracies in regards to 911, why not explain to us your version of "how the real world works". Tell us why Giuliani was TOLD that the South Tower was going to collapse 20 minutes beforehand but all those firemen still inside the building were not pulled out.

9/11 CONSPIRACY: GIULIANI WAS WARNED OF TOWER COLLAPSES

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The last hotel i worked on had a firesystem that when activated locked the elevators to the nearest floor.
I had 6 hotels to take care of with 14 elevators in all, at least once a day one of those elevators had to have a reset, cause of missuse or errors in the system.

Also an elevator system is very sensitiv, and even a very minor error or overwieght will lock or shut down the system, and it have to be fully reset in the system software or elevator engine room.
In some cases you will have to manually realease the brake system for wire or manually pump/ release hydraulic preasure, to level elevators stuck between floors, this is very time consumming.

edit on 14-5-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
In most commercial buildings the elevators will return to the ground floor and remain disabled without a "fireman's key" once a fire alarm is triggered. Meaning a fireman has to manually insert a special key or code to make the elevator function while in that mode.

Other than using one of these keys, the elevators cannot be switched back on for normal use until the alarm is completely reset. Any active alarms still going in the system will continue to keep the elevators in "fire mode".

This is a "safety feature" which is required by fire / building regulations unless an exception is granted (which is rare).

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

ARe you saying they didn't work at all that day? Even before the attacks? I don't think that is correct and if you are saying they stopped working after the attacks well then that is no conspiracy theory..

Any large building with elevators will be the same, in the event of fire or explosion a safety feature of the elevators is an auto-shutdown. No matter how big the building.

No one expected the building to collapse, no one ever does in planning but sadly it happened (whatever the cause) I am not 100% decided on the exact cause of 9/11 but I will say that in any case of a fire or explosion the elevators are shut down to stop people being trapped or overloading the elevator load limits in cases of panic etc.

Also the higher level shafts were already cut-off or damaged in the initial explosion, the lower levels would have been cut or shut-down due to risk of people being stuck or trapped in elevators.

That safety feature applies to any building with elevators during a fire emergency..... The people with access to elevator control could not have known the building was going to collapse to the ground.

9/11 was not about killing innocent people and trapping them in the towers...

Edit;

I am surprised this thread has gotten so many flags - no offence to the OP as you might not have your facts right, which happens to all of us. I am surprised at the amount of flags and stars from other members though!?!

This site seems to get more ignorant as time goes on... I though we were supposed to deny ignorance...

edit on 14-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

I am surprised this thread has gotten so many flags - no offence to the OP as you might not have your facts right, which happens to all of us. I am surprised at the amount of flags and stars from other members though!?!

This site seems to get more ignorant as time goes on... I though we were supposed to deny ignorance...

Star for you my friend. I too was surprised by the amount of flags for something that is utterly false and demonstratably so. This is what the "Truth" Movement depends on: gullible and lazy people that read whatever they post, and do not bother to do a single ounce of actual research or even double checking the "information" they recieved from the them. A five minute break to check up on the facts would have shown how incorrect the video is. Hell, that is how I changed from a Truther to a "debunker", by actually re-reading the truther arguments and then doing some investigative work outside of conspiracy websites, and then learning just how much I've been lied to by the "Truth" movement. How can one claim to be for the truth, and then rely on erroneous assumptions, false facts, and outright LIES to support their claims?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Here's my question op. How did the hijacked planes evade Norad for an hour? Why were there multiple witness reports of hearing bombs going off? Why wasn't wtc7 mentioned in the 9/11 commission report? How did Wtc 7 fall down due to small fires when Wtc 5 never fell and it was a burning inferno? Why did silverstein say pull it and then deny it now? Why wasn't there any evidence of planes at shanksville or the Pentagon? Why did the FBI confiscate footage of the Pentagon attack from a hotel?

This is a small fraction or events that occurred on 9/11.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I will add my comment because I have worked on elevators for 25 years.

If there is any amount of smoke that sets off the smoke detectors close to the elevators,they will immediately recall the the designated landing,usually the lobby.
Then those elevator can be used by the fireman or other personel with the required keys to do so.

But if all power is lost to those elevators,including emergency backup generators,they are dead in the water.

Hope that clarifies a few things.

I haven't watched the vid yet,but plan to later.
Peace

K

I see someone has already addressed the issue while I was typing
edit on 14-5-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

Thank you and I could not have said it better myself

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

It is also threads and msg boards that make it harder for people to question what haoppened that day... sadly.

As I said, I do not blame the OP, they may have just been misinformed or jumped to conclusions ( I have done that in that past) as I am sure many of us have but it is threads like this that make this whole topic comical when trying to oppose the MSN stories...

It's not the OP I am pinting a finger at, it's all the people that gave a flag and star... although I did flag it
Why you ask? To help point out my fustration in these types of topics and threads....

If that makes sense

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

It;s not worth watching as you understand how elevators work in an emergency situation... don't worry too much about it.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

As to the elevators:
The lower ones either didn't have power or were damaged from one of the fireballs of fuel that were reported.

Didn't they teach you not to use the elevator during fires and other power sensitive situations?

Wow, you are so matter of fact, anyone would think you were in the building that day?!

No one knows the full extent of the damage because everything was turned to dust! So your opinion is pure speculation. There is no way a 1200ft fireball went down the elevator to the ground floor! If anything the explosions in the basement that were reported by many would have been the only reason lower elevators were damaged, that's if they were.

It was supposedly a life or death situation, and firemen would have used the elevators regardless of any danger because it would give them more time to reach the upper levels. Elevators were initially used and then they continued on foot, this came from firemen. The main people that died that day were firemen, they basically murdered their own men for their own gains!

There are no conspiracy theories for 9/11, only conspiracy FACT.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimontheMagus

Too many people just accept what they are told by the "authorities" without questioning. Now since you don't believe in ANY conspiracies in regards to 911, why not explain to us your version of "how the real world works". Tell us why Giuliani was TOLD that the South Tower was going to collapse 20 minutes beforehand but all those firemen still inside the building were not pulled out.

9/11 CONSPIRACY: GIULIANI WAS WARNED OF TOWER COLLAPSES

www.youtube.com...

Don't hold your breath, the OS 'fakers' only answer stuff they can twist around, they wont answer all the questions that lean heavily towards this being an inside job. Selective answering, that's what they're paid to do.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by kdog1982

It;s not worth watching as you understand how elevators work in an emergency situation... don't worry too much about it.

Let people decide for themselves, anyone would think you were deliberately trying to put people off watching it.

People do watch it, leave no stone unturned...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

As to the elevators:

FIREMEN Can and do use Elevators during a High-Rise Fire or emergency. Hence the key...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

why are you trippin?
did you watch the video?
the fire crew in that video were talking to each other over radio and saying theres power to some elevators so use them
did i say i would run to an elevator in a fire? no!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join