It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life Long Learning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
For some, it's been years since you were in school, for others, you're still there. But, as a race, we tend to be lifelong learners whether it be in the school of hard knocks or a more academic arena. This may have been shared before and, if so, I apologize. Since I'm new and haven't gone back through years of posts, I'm going to hazard repeating information you may already know.
There is a website that is extremely useful for either brushing up on academic subjects or reinforcing them as you are learning them. I've used it with students before and it has been very helpful.
The site is khanacademy
There are many videos covering everything from basic mathematics, chemistry, biology, political theory, cosmology, economics, SAT prep and other concepts in a very academic sense. Hope you enjoy and find it useful!!

www.khanacademy.org...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
i love khan, i learned college algebra from there and passed a CLEP exam for some credits. It's pretty awesome, i saw this vid of this guy that challenged himself with these online courses, guy learned MIT-level calculus in just a couple weeks using online videos like khan..

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well you helped me.

You found the education forum.

I have looked all over and could never find it. lol

Thanks.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
i love khan, i learned college algebra from there and passed a CLEP exam for some credits. It's pretty awesome, i saw this vid of this guy that challenged himself with these online courses, guy learned MIT-level calculus in just a couple weeks using online videos like khan..

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Well you helped me.

You found the education forum.

I have looked all over and could never find it. lol

Thanks.

You are extremely welcome!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
just logged in, got 581,000 energy points. i think ill do some science, i did math for like 5 months on there

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Speaking of media tricks, have any of you seen the new Taco Bell loco taco commercial? Its a direct rip-off of Brian and the ATS recap video. Its shameless. I guess they think ATS has no mojo. BTW Doritos + Taco Bell lol I just farted thinking about it.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
For some, it's been years since you were in school, for others, you're still there. But, as a race, we tend to be lifelong learners whether it be in the school of hard knocks or a more academic arena. This may have been shared before and, if so, I apologize. Since I'm new and haven't gone back through years of posts, I'm going to hazard repeating information you may already know.
There is a website that is extremely useful for either brushing up on academic subjects or reinforcing them as you are learning them. I've used it with students before and it has been very helpful.
The site is khanacademy
There are many videos covering everything from basic mathematics, chemistry, biology, political theory, cosmology, economics, SAT prep and other concepts in a very academic sense. Hope you enjoy and find it useful!!

www.khanacademy.org...

You can also listen to countless university lectures on a multitude of subjects free via iTunes U:

www.apple.com...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HardToStarboard

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
The site is khanacademy

www.khanacademy.org...

You can also listen to countless university lectures on a multitude of subjects free via iTunes U:

www.apple.com...

Nah, apple is evil
PC is much better

top topics

join