It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your religion does not matter

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AManYouALL

Thanks but I like to share and my eyes have to be open......

IAMIAM..... Lol...... You ARE my brother and even though by a word(s) I knew you before...l was getting to know amanyouall who too felt like my brother. Gotta love words huh. It really helps us to understand.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

IAMIAM..... Lol...... You ARE my brother and even though by a word(s) I knew you before...l was getting to know amanyouall who too felt like my brother. Gotta love words huh. It really helps us to understand.

One letter at a time, we will reach understanding.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AManYouALL

One letter at a time, we will reach understanding.

Understanding is key for me.... Thank you.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FRATERPERDURABO
a combination of many human letters would be more than (greater than) a single human, no?

No combination of letters is greater than any single letter.

None.

How many words would you lose if you did a way with just ONE?

i think i would say that no "combination of letters" (words) was greater than any other, and that no letter is greater than any other letter.

but a letter is a fragment of a word. a word carries more information, i feel, so it is at least in some sense, greater than the letter.

not better, mind you, just greater.
maybe in the same way that your mind is greater than the mind of a neuron inhabiting your mind/body.

or do i misunderstand... again?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

a combination of many human letters would be more than (greater than) a single human, no?

None.

i think i would say that no "combination of letters" (words) was greater than any other, and that no letter is greater than any other letter.

but a letter is a fragment of a word. a word carries more information, i feel, so it is at least in some sense, greater than the letter.

maybe in the same way that your mind is greater than the mind of a neuron inhabiting your mind/body.

For want of a shoe the horse was lost; For want of a horse the battle was lost; For the failure of battle the kingdom was lost—. All for the want of a horse-shoe nail.
edit on 14-5-2012 by AManYouALL because: Had to seek out the full proverb

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

None.

For want of a shoe the horse was lost; For want of a horse the battle was lost; For the failure of battle the kingdom was lost—. All for the want of a horse-shoe nail.
edit on 14-5-2012 by AManYouALL because: Had to seek out the full proverb

Ive often wondered about the word...words coming together from a fragment such as a letter too. Either way.... It indeed matters, right? I need some clarity as well. Thanks in advance!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Ive often wondered about the word...words coming together from a fragment such as a letter too. Either way.... It indeed matters, right? I need some clarity as well. Thanks in advance!

With words I have healed people around the world, yet I have never seen them.

With words I have comforted people in lands I could not walk to.

With words I have raised the dead and taught them the beauty in living.

With words I have taught the deaf to hear.

With words I have taught the blind to see.

With words I have circled the globe without even setting my feet upon it.

With words I have traveled back in time.

With words I have traveled to alien planets.

With words I have become a King.

With words I have made Kings of the whole world and toppled kingdoms.

I cannot tell you the value, power, and beauty of words or whether they matter.

You can only answer such things yourself.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

With words I have healed people around the world, yet I have never seen them.

With words I have comforted people in lands I could not walk to.

With words I have raised the dead and taught them the beauty in living.

With words I have taught the deaf to hear.

With words I have taught the blind to see.

With words I have circled the globe without even setting my feet upon it.

With words I have traveled back in time.

With words I have traveled to alien planets.

With words I have become a King.

With words I have made Kings of the whole world and toppled kingdoms.

I cannot tell you the value, power, and beauty of words or whether they matter.

You can only answer such things yourself.

I know the power of words.... Everything you laid out right here about words... I know. I live by choosing words carefully because their power can make or break a spirit and thats not who I want to be. I want to be a one who makes people smile with my words.
What I am asking is what they mean to you. It seemed as though you were implying to the other poster words are as great as the letters from which they form and just trying to get clarity because I am confused in regards to your thoughts. Lol

Just read the other posters post and yes you seem to be implying the letter is equal to the word. This is where I am confused as I think the letters help the word be powerful by being and becoming a word....together they are the greatest.... But seperate they are meaningless. Kind of like our existence without God.... ?
edit on 14-5-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Just read the other posters post and yes you seem to be implying the letter is equal to the word. This is where I am confused as I think the letters help the word be powerful by being and becoming a word....together they are the greatest.... But seperate they are meaningless. Kind of like our existence without God.... ?
edit on 14-5-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

Everything is of equal value. Every letter, every word, every rain drop, every ray of Sun, everything is but part of the whole of this existence. The whole is the sum of it's parts, but would not be the whole without the smallest part. It would be something else, Something less.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Thanks for clarity. I was thinking we are indeed on the same page but I got lost for a moment.

Rings true for me.... All is equally important.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

What came you here to do?

to learn to subdue my passions and improve myself.

Great thread. I like the way you think.

Hello again my Brother from another mother!

I wanted to ask you something this morning, but got side tracked.

We have heard a beautifully worded illustration of what faith means from the Islamic point of view. Knowing you are a well versed Mason, would you mind offering up your take on that word?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Only to feed my curiosity....and curiously, you are curious.

Nice to meet you

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

Nice to meet you

It is a pleasure to have you here and we have a full buffet of head spinning dialogue to feast upon.

So, if you have a morsel to contribute, share. If you are hungry, eat.

Any angle is a sufficient place to make your point.

The current subjects up for digestion is "faith" and what you believe it is. We are still undefined on what a "human" is. And, as yet, we have no idea where a "mind" comes from...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Ovadose

I 100% agree with this, but i'd like to add that the only thing that does matter is what polarity you choose to live your life by (positive or negative)

I would agree it is true we are both positive, and negative polarities, but the real key is to know the balance point between the two, and to walk that thin line in all things. Drawing energy and power from both, and having allegiance to neither.

I would go a little further to add that what we know of a think allows us to sense it's extremes and know where our own balance rests.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Nice to meet you

It is a pleasure to have you here and we have a full buffet of head spinning dialogue to feast upon.

The current subjects up for digestion is "faith" and what you believe it is. We are still undefined on what a "human" is. And, as yet, we have no idea where a "mind" comes from...

Crikey what a mess!

It is a pleasure to read both your threads, one of which I'm still reading, so
I'll come back

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FRATERPERDURABO

What are the signals that the universe sends us that tellsl us belief can become faith? This is the heart of my question: How does belief lead to faith?

It doesn't. That which dictates that something is real is feeding it's belly. Hunger develops - life feeds in more complex ways. Therefore faith is a drive, a story, your story in your chosen context according to your needs.

'Belief' if you like, is what is actually there. What is real never changes. Faith accepts the real, but doesn't know what it is. It's a view-point, see?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

It has been said by Great minds, that belief is not true belief without any action, because belief necessitates some form of action. If I believe that something is good for me, yet never do that thing, then I only acknowledged its existence and my belief is without spirit of truth.

You can have faith that faith alone is enough and therefore, it will be. That is how faith works. You can mitigate any obstacles you wish to avert along the way, but to have faith in your interests without planning action makes you no less present when the reality of it prevails.

To even think a thing creates a reality

,word

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Nice to meet you

I have faith in myself, therefore all others, that they are what they are.

There are far too many words and not enough all at once.

But wait, there's more..................

Just grateful.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It is interesting that when I started this thread, my original purpose, the inspiration and heart of the message was simply one of Peace. That is what I came here to do. To bring peace in anyway I can. Remarkably unexpected, this thread has peacefully continued thus far with a variety of perspectives sharing their thoughts on subjects usually reserved for philosophers, Priests, and other high stationed men/women.

Granted, we haven't answered definitively anything. But neither have the aforementioned thinkers.

What we have managed to do is something else entirely.

Shared peacefully our thoughts.

In the section of ATS which is known for it's heated disputes.

How marvelous...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I have faith in myself, therefore all others, that they are what they are.

There are far too many words and not enough all at once.

But wait, there's more..................

Just grateful.

How would you describe faith, what is it to you?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join