It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your religion does not matter

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
What is ANYTHING without words?

Shhhhhh....

Find out that way.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FRATERPERDURABO

reply to post by FRATERPERDURABO

Im not certain if my mind needs my body. I THINK my mind sustains whether I have one or not because of what my experience has taught me.....if indeed experience leads to certainty which I only specualte it does.

I also speculate due to experience that my mind may indeed be the soul people refer to as being seperate from their physical self also known as spirit. A type of energy that only transforms and never ceases.

Just because my body no longer moves in experience does not mean I no longer exist as I think I am not my body. My true essence is not physical although I can be seen in the physical. Seeing is believing for some.....for some it can be felt.

curious.

In what way is a photograph of a tree different from an actual tree, do you think?

The difference is one is a picture and one is not.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AManYouALL

Shhhhhh....

Find out that way.

Back at ya.... Shhhhhhh

I call it peace.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I call it peace.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

moving on = yes. tho the questions remain unanswered, but since most of my questions remain unanswered, i am ok with a few more.

/grin

Thank you. And for the record, I am not here to answer questions. I am here to understand.

The first thing I ever understood was that there will always always always be unanswered questions.

"However, mind to me is much more than what mind is to you." Through which of my words do you make this conclusion?

None of your words. I am not denigrating you with that statement. The statement would be equally true if you had said it to me. In fact I will say it for you. Mind is much more to you than it is to me. We are each our own greatest mind. Once you acknowledge this, you will see EVERYONE on equal footing. Most can not make the statement without allowing it to be made by anyone else. I encourage this. Thus there is no adversary.

I have some ideas about 'mind' that would would probably astonish you....

This is not a hard task. I am astonished by everyone's mind. Please feel free to share everything here.

/smile

a curious mind you are.....

"We are each our own greatest mind." Without disagreeing with this idea: Is 'mind' a singular thing, do you think?

What about when two minds hold the same idea at the same time. Are they two minds holding two ideas? Two minds holding one idea. What is an 'idea' anyway?

i suggest that the distinction between 'minds' both within and without is subject to context and connection (data flow). Many minds can be embodied in one entity (is a human a singular entity?) and one mind can be embodied in many entities: the difference is in the connectivity: data flow.

and your point of reference.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

/grin

yup. I would say cyclical.

so it basically amounts to *choosing* a reference point, no? For we cannot make judgements without comparisons and comparisons rely upon reference points, no?

yet not all is choice, yes? Whether or not we choose or not, the earth will orbit the sun in 365 (ish) days.

Don't choose a reference point. YOU are the point.

Are you saying that i have no choice here? Myself being my reference is different than 'you' being my reference? this is a choice, no? each can lead to experiences: are they both valid?

The Earth may orbit the sun in 365 (ish) days IF you last 365 days here to witness it for yourself.

true. But supposing i do witness many orbits (which i have) : my choices affect it's durration not at all...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

What is a "word".? Do all creatures have them? What about bacteria?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I just love this thread!!! Its so much fun!

Our minds can be independent and connected at the same time...maybe influenced is a better word?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Are you saying that i have no choice here? Myself being my reference is different than 'you' being my reference? this is a choice, no? each can lead to experiences: are they both valid?

As far as choice is concerned, I cannot answer that for you. Only you can know if you have choice or not.

What is a point in geometry?

YOU are the point. I am a different point. I could be a reference point to you - but I do not demand it.

true. But supposing i do witness many orbits (which i have) : my choices affect it's durration not at all...

Sooooo....

Do you have choices or not?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

What is a "word".? Do all creatures have them? What about bacteria?

In my opinion a word is derived from thought so to answer your question I would first need to know by experiencing life as another creature how they or if they process thoughts via word. A word is a vibration that allows us to communicate and understand knowledge. So in other words do other creatures think and process their thoughts via vibration or is their thought process connected to each other without vibration? Can we see or feel the vibration? So many questions..... Lol

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela
I am not one looking forward to WW3, in order to prevent such a scenario, many must change...

Good morning everyone....

There are a few replies I need to address, but since this issue was brought up and weighs heavily (thoughts have weight?) on the mind of many, I figured I would address this.

Faith to you is an action my sister. Thus one can determine by your culture how much faith moves someone by the steps they take. Now if one lives their life in fear while at the same time professing to have BELIEF in a merciful creator, where is the FAITH in their footsteps?

Think on this well my sister for it is not a question designed to destroy your belief and remove faith from your works, but rather to solidify your belief and fill everything you do with undieing faith.

I AM here.

This IS my faith in action.

Remember, swords are sheathed here.

Here we come for understanding....

You do not have a true believe without moving it in some fashion to an action. For lack of a better word, it would be a dead belief, without life or spirit. To say you have belief, is an action, one step up from no acknowledgment of its existence, but without moving it into something more tangible, without moving with that word upon faith, then that belief is without life or spirit.

I can say I believe in a Merciful Creator, but without faith, the belief lacks any form of spirit. It has yet to breathe, to give it life it must be acted upon in Faith.

It has been said by Great minds, that belief is not true belief without any action, because belief necessitates some form of action. If I believe that something is good for me, yet never do that thing, then I only acknowledged its existence and my belief is without spirit of truth.

This is where belief and faith can appear to go hand in hand, without one did you ever have any true belief? Yet, there is a distinction between those two words, and one implies a very definite action, and one implies something of a lesser form.

While belief may necessitate further action to be tried, faith itself is always mobile.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Im not certain if my mind needs my body. I THINK my mind sustains whether I have one or not because of what my experience has taught me.....if indeed experience leads to certainty which I only specualte it does.

I also speculate due to experience that my mind may indeed be the soul people refer to as being seperate from their physical self also known as spirit. A type of energy that only transforms and never ceases.

Just because my body no longer moves in experience does not mean I no longer exist as I think I am not my body. My true essence is not physical although I can be seen in the physical. Seeing is believing for some.....for some it can be felt.

curious.

In what way is a photograph of a tree different from an actual tree, do you think?

The difference is one is a picture and one is not.

That statement does not address the question.

i would say that the one is an 'idea' of the thing, while the other the thing itself. The first stays static and the second dynamic.

What does a picture of a mind look do you think? Can it be 'taken'?

A static picture yet contains information, no? It can be 'viewed' by another (given the correct tools), cause change it that other, yet it is static: dead, right?

the tree is (could be) alive, but the photo is not alive, right?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Both; I must change my self first, then, through my good actions, can influence others to also change.

If you are needed to influence others to change, who is influencing you to change?
edit on 13-5-2012 by AManYouALL because: (no reason given)

All those ones who were able to change the world for the better. Everything, begins with one.

Correction my sister. Everything begins with a WORD.

Yet that word is one, made up of parts, each part one...word, is the action of one
edit on 14-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

You do not have a true believe without moving it in some fashion to an action.

You cannot tell me what I have. You can only speak for you. I understand the generic "you" intended in your use of the word, but no one likes absolutes being shoved on them by others. When explaining one's beliefs, it is always best to start the sentence with "I", thus the reader understands you are sharing your view, not demanding compliance.

I have true belief that I am not moving anything.

My belief is that EVERYTHING is as it should be. It was pre-planned and I am just watching the show.

Thus I take no credit for any action, but trust that every action is as it was intended by what ever created what ever I am.

Even my bowel movements are exactly as they should be...

Thus no worries. Just pure joy of being even in the absolute worst of situations.

edit on 14-5-2012 by AManYouALL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Both; I must change my self first, then, through my good actions, can influence others to also change.

If you are needed to influence others to change, who is influencing you to change?
edit on 13-5-2012 by AManYouALL because: (no reason given)

All those ones who were able to change the world for the better. Everything, begins with one.

Correction my sister. Everything begins with a WORD.

Yet that word is one, made up of parts, each part one

Yes, but the parts of the word are merely letters. They are formless until they are formed into something tangible. A WORD.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Good Morning

My belief is that EVERYTHING is as it should be. It was pre-planned and I am just watching the show. Thus I take no credit for any action, but trust that every action is as it was intended by what ever created what ever I am.

Couldn't have said it better myself, I too share this idea.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I just love this thread!!! Its so much fun!

Our minds can be independent and connected at the same time...maybe influenced is a better word?

Do you want to SEE how interconnected our minds are?

Look at the words. They are outside you on your monitor. They are right there in front of you. Yet they are also inside you, for you understand them.

Do you want to HEAR how interconnected we are?

Listen to these words. Is that YOUR voice you are hearing?

Who's is it?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Do you have choices or not?

that is an excellent question.

My experience says that i do. My knowledge and understanding say that i also do not.

i have some choice.

i can choose to let go, or grip more tightly. i can choose (sometimes) to act on a thought/idea or not act.

but i feel that there are 'forces' greater than i that are largely unaffected by my choice, my choices only affect how i experience said forces.... do i surf the wave or get pummeled by it? given skill, i have that choice: usually. And of course i have to be able to perceive that 'wave' before i can even *have* a choice...

Choice depends heavily on perspective and knowledge: if all you can see are the walls, all the choices outside of the box are not available.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Yes, but the parts of the word are merely letters. They are formless until they are formed into something tangible. A WORD.

What if humans were 'letters'? what 'word' would we form if were assembled?

could we form more than one 'word'?

in this analogy: what is a sentence then?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

What if humans were 'letters'? what 'word' would we form if were assembled?

could we form more than one 'word'?

in this analogy: what is a sentence then?

YES! If humans (still undefined here) were letters I would be the A and the Z, if we came together and formed a WORD, it would be the sum total of every word ever used through all time. Thus these words would create a story, a book which contained every story from everyone from all time.

This is my book of Life.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join