It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate Volunteers Required - 1 Republican Urgently Required

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
ATSNN will be hosting Special Coverage of the Presidential Debates starting tomorrow night and continuing throughout the month of October. I will be coordinating this coverage and I'd like members to volunteer to sit on "the panel."

Just like in a normal debate there will be a panel of "judges" made up by members and by staff representing each spectrum with impartials mixed in. Realistically we can't have fully impartial judges so i'm going to try and balance the partisanship.

There will be:
2 x Democratic Contributors
2 x Republican Contributors
1 x Centrist/Neutral
1 x Libertarian
1 x Green Party
1 (or more) International Observers.

You'll be required to watch (or read) the debate and then submit your feelings (in less than 400 words) on the candidates.

You will then grade each candidate on his performance in the debate and nothing else.

Issue Coverage
Unity
Strength of Character
Debating Skills
Presidentialness
Looks

I'd like you to post here on u2u me. You will need to be avilable this Friday.

[edit on 30-9-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Id like to participate as a Democratic Judge, free this week and was planning on watching the debates anyways.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Centrist/Neutral or Libertarian here....I'd like to judge these two men on what counts. I plan on watching and all, but I thought the debate was on Thursday, is there one friday?

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Great stuff. If there is an influx of applications then i'm quite willing to expand the numbers involved.

The Debate is Thursday night. (or Friday AM for me
)

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Suggestions.

Balance it more by:

1. using more undecided uncommitted voters.
2. using more international observers.

It would seem more politic to "invite" volunteers than to "require" them.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'd be more than happy to judge either the Democratic or Libertarian candidate...

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
id love to, ive bin waiting for weeks for this thing.

republican for me, please. although, to be honest, id take centrist, since im really right-center.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I agree with MaskedAvatar. It would be interesting to hear international views as well. Will they be able to see the debates? Their viewpoint would be interesting since they have not had to witness the barage of political ads for the last several months. At least I hope they have not had to endure all that.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'll be paying attention and I'll be around Friday.

Don't know about "throughtout the month of October" though

But count me in for this one.

International of course.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Seeing Dreamlandmafia's avatar makes me wish Colonel was still here - I'd love to see his take on the election.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Seeing Dreamlandmafia's avatar makes me wish Colonel was still here - I'd love to see his take on the election.

I agree, I keep thinking it's Colonel.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckwa
I agree with MaskedAvatar. It would be interesting to hear international views as well.

This has been a big priority before this thread was created. Even though "Americans" are the ones voting, I think the International Community is playing a big role on whats "Really" going on outside the US.

So More people are needed!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Positions have been filled in most categories.

DEMOCRATS:
EnronOutrunHomerun
Loki

REPUBLICANS:
Amorymeltzer
(?)

CENTRISTS:
Trickmastertrick

NEUTRAL:
loam

INTERNATIONAL OBSERVERS:
Gools
Nerdling

I need a second Republican to come forward. If you don't then your party will be alloted only one rep.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You should get Thomas Crowne, hehe... That'd be good....

I was thinking the same thing...

This is a great idea...should be interesting...(I'm not volunteering though...)

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Hehe...sorry. His was just Huey, mines the whole gang.

I dont even remember why Colonel got banned.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I would volunteer, BUT there is going to be so much spin in this debate you'd have to click your heels together three times and say "I wish I was in Kansas", not enough Gravol in Canada for me to help

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I was watching the pre-debate coverage for a few minutes - then I just got sick of if - but I was interested inthe fact that as I fliped through the various news channel, the media's overall opinion of Kerry is that he's already down, has no way to compete and they think he'll try to be coniving and go over the time limit or make some low punches...

What's up with this crap?! Yet another proof for the reason why I cannot stand watching the news...

top topics

join