It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Pet Dogs Arrested in Iran

page: 3
22
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ollncasino

Originally posted by Germanicus
Like I said. I dont like dogs much either and I can see where the Persians are coming from.


Religious convictions don't give the state the right to seize peoples' dogs off of the street when they are out walking them.





Says who? You? You decide the rights of the Persians? Can Inuits eat whale? Can the Chinese eat dog? People are different. Cultures are different. Are you American or something? Seems like it.




posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
LOL
I love my best buddies but I realize that not everyone does.
That is fine as long as they do not take mine.
If some other culture a zillion miles away does not like dogs it is none of my business.
This story is just more demonizing saber rattling hate the Iranians talk, and nothing more.
I am sure somewhere that someone is pissed about us here in the US beating, murdering, slaughtering and eating a cow, they got over it I'm sure.

OP, that's a good lookin dog by the way, he looks familiar.
edit on 11-5-2012 by g146541 because: dog



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
Its a minority within the community. I hardly think we can call them a 'minority' in the bs liberal sense of the word though. And no,I do not respect the rights of minorities. If they are Persian,they are Persian. They need to get with the program and remember where they live.


So because Muhammad didn't like dogs much, no Iranian is allowed to own a dog?


Originally posted by Germanicus
And if you want to demonize Persians you should write a thread about how you cant be gay in Iran. That would work better than banging on about the poor Iranian dog owners.


You have made it clear that you think Iranians should not be allowed to own a dog because according to you most Iranians don't like dogs.

If most Iranians don't like gays, does that also mean you support outlawing homosexuality?



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
I guess that's the only time i agree with something islamic. I completely despise dogs. Those ugly, disgusting, stinking creatures that # on the streets and in the end are just pussified wolves.
They are good for nothing, i always get a chuckle out of people who cry over dogs - even in movies. You know, like "a thousand humans die" that's not a problem. One #ty dog gets killed and the movie studio gets hundreds of complaint mails


If i could i would follow Metallica's first album title: Kill 'em all


For the record. The reason people feel more sadness for a dog then a person when they die is simple. The humans usually die by something they caused, or that other people caused. The point is that the dog is innocent and capable of felling pain and has deep emotions similar to humans.



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283
 





Sure I would like to have those types of people die. But not because of hatred, or revenge. But for efficiency. I believe we must destroy that who is lost and will not find themselves.


We agree on alot. Why did you leave out Bankers and Politicians?



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
LOL
I love my best buddies but I realize that not everyone does.
That is fine as long as they do not take mine.
If some other culture a zillion miles away does not like dogs it is none of my business.
This story is just more demonizing saber rattling hate the Iranians talk, and nothing more.
I am sure somewhere that someone is pissed about us here in the US beating, murdering, slaughtering and eating a cow, they got over it I'm sure.


Ya but if someone in this country wants to have a cow as a pet and never slaughter it, they are entitled to do so. That is the main difference, freedom.



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ollncasino
 





If most Iranians don't like gays, does that also mean you support outlawing homosexuality?


I am undecided. I can see where they are coming from though.



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
Says who? You? You decide the rights of the Persians? Can Inuits eat whale? Can the Chinese eat dog? People are different. Cultures are different. Are you American or something? Seems like it.


Your logic is back to front.

No one is saying that Inuits or Chinese people can't do things.

It is the Iranian religious leaders who are saying Iranians can't own a dog.

I'm British by the way. We love dogs.



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by Renegade2283
 





Sure I would like to have those types of people die. But not because of hatred, or revenge. But for efficiency. I believe we must destroy that who is lost and will not find themselves.


We agree on alot. Why did you leave out Bankers and Politicians?


Well its because im not going to try and generalize like that. Im pretty sure that not every Banker or Politicians needs to die. Im sure there are some out there who are actually good people who are not just trying to get more for themselves and less for everybody else. There is probably not that many but the majority is not enough to generalize every member, in fact, nothing is enough.



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus
 


Can you make a more idiotic statement about dogs? I mean seriously? They also TORTURE dogs in China because they 'believe' it makes it tastier to eat. Is that the kind of culture your condoning? While I agree it's within a countries right to make their own laws, follow their own culture, torturing animals should never be accepted.

What Iran is doing is honestly OK with me. If they don't believe in dog ownership, it's their right no matter how stupid I believe it to be. However, I do feel like they could be focusing on more important matters instead of who owns what and how people go dressed in public.



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283
 


AGREED!!!
That is why I live here and not there.
I have no business telling someone else how best to live their life, it is their life right?
If there are dog lovers over there, if they are serious, they will move or make changes.
Still not my concern.



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ollncasino
 


Not all British love dogs. And sorry for the insult if you took it that way. It just seems like you are trying to police the world.

So you are good with Chinese eating dogs? I am. So it is the dog owner that you are worried about. Not the dogs. This is about the right to own a dog?



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by ollncasino
 





If most Iranians don't like gays, does that also mean you support outlawing homosexuality?


I am undecided. I can see where they are coming from though.


Ok you just lost me. A statement like that almost warrants me to no longer continue conversing with you because I can now see that it is a frivolous discussion. Someone who would even toy with such an ignorant notion is not worth serious consideration.



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
This story is just more demonizing saber rattling hate the Iranians talk, and nothing more.

OP, that's a good lookin dog by the way, he looks familiar.
edit on 11-5-2012 by g146541 because: dog


It is a handsome dog, isn't it.

By the way, if the OP is about Iranian religious police seizing Iranian pet owners dogs, in what sense is this about hating Iranians?

Clearly though, I am not too keen on religious types seizing peoples' dogs in the name of their faith.



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
OMG!!!!

Someone somewhere else has a different culture??

BOMB THEM!!!!

Wait they have natural resources too?

INVADE NOW!!!!!!!! USA! USA!!



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by ollncasino
 


Not all British love dogs. And sorry for the insult if you took it that way. It just seems like you are trying to police the world.

So you are good with Chinese eating dogs? I am. So it is the dog owner that you are worried about. Not the dogs. This is about the right to own a dog?


So it is okay to eat a dog, and not a human? I want consistency.



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ollncasino
If most Iranians don't like gays, does that also mean you support outlawing homosexuality?


Wait a second, isnt sodomy actually illegal in most, if not all, US states? So technically, isnt being gay "outlawed" here??



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
So you are good with Chinese eating dogs? I am.


Eat a dog in the summer and you won't feel cold in the winter, say the Chinese.

I suppose they have a right to eat a dog if it is their dog. I don't like the thought of people eating dogs though.


Originally posted by Germanicus
So it is the dog owner that you are worried about. Not the dogs. This is about the right to own a dog?


This is about my love of dogs and about the right of people to own dogs without them getting seized off of the street by religious types.



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by Renegade2283
 


So I have to like dirty dogs and pretend they are smart or Im a bigot? Dont be silly.

And you guys are attacking me with insults now just because I disagree with you. Dont you like me?


You stink! You kick my dog!!!! Youuuuuu....



Lol sorry it has swears but fitting !!!



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ollncasino
I suppose they have a right to eat a dog if it is their dog. I don't like the thought of people eating dogs though.


So do cultures that treat women like possessions have the right to eat their women? Consistency please.



new topics

top topics



 
22
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join