It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*must watch!!* RNC Legal Counsel STATED national delegates may vote their conscience.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Remember my thread explaining why Mitt Romney is throwing millions at Ron Paul?www.abovetopsecret.com...

Because he and his campaign both know that they won't have their delegates at the RNC? Well here is the proof from RNC's own legal counsel.

"Jennifer Sheehan, Legal Counsel for the RNC, plainly stated in a letter to Nancy Lord, Utah Unational Committeewoman, several weeks before the convention, 'The RNC does not recognizea state's binding of national delegates, but considers each delegate a free agent who can vote for whoever they choose." And, "The national convention allows delegates to vote for the individual of their choice, regardless of whether the person's name is officially placed into nomination or not."

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Ahhh, you beat me to it.

This is going to be a very interesting race.

This back and forth explanations of the binding rule has been so confusing.

I hope Ben's got it right!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

GREAT news for Us Ron Paul supporters

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Two state conventions coming up this Saturday.

Ask me why I'm in a good mood?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I believe this is the proof that someone was looking for in a previous thread. This definitely is great news for the Ron Paul camp.

I think every Dr. Paul supporter should flood the major news networks with a copy of this video. Maybe a few hundred people could sway someone!!!

RON PAUL 2012!!!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Been watching it closely -- and Houston - Washington has a Paul Problem, out of 10 people 8 know who he is and over half of those are already voting RON... and I can put enough into the other 4 that I can get 2 of them to actually get off their butts and check into Ron Paul, I guarantee you will like what you find... historically and heck listen to his speeches 00 HH Washington is gonna hav some explaining to do... and we must restore credibility to the place - so break out the polygraph its time to clean up the place -

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Remember my thread explaining why Mitt Romney is throwing millions at Ron Paul?www.abovetopsecret.com...

Because he and his campaign both know that they won't have their delegates at the RNC? Well here is the proof from RNC's own legal counsel.

"Jennifer Sheehan, Legal Counsel for the RNC, plainly stated in a letter to Nancy Lord, Utah Unational Committeewoman, several weeks before the convention, 'The RNC does not recognizea state's binding of national delegates, but considers each delegate a free agent who can vote for whoever they choose." And, "The national convention allows delegates to vote for the individual of their choice, regardless of whether the person's name is officially placed into nomination or not."

AHA, Reality Check, I love that guy! Big Man Hug for his efforts!!! Great find!`

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
So this confirms it. No delegates are actually bound. This is something Ron Paul knew all along, he is just keeping a low profile about it in order to surprise everyone when he wins =)

Take nevada, 22 Ron Paul delegates "bound" to Romney, they believe. But they can actually all vote Ron Paul even in the first round!

This also means Romneys delegate estimations on all the MSM sites such as CNN are vastly exaggerated... He actually have 0 guaranteed delegates =)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Two state conventions coming up this Saturday.

Ask me why I'm in a good mood?

No doubt the swell is building....Ron Paul is on the move. The people better wake up and get on board!!!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Interesting... My question is if this issue was already dealt with in 2008 why is it still an issue now? (I'm not from america so I'm not sure how it works 100%) Shouldn't the RNC Legal council just release a statement to the press as soon as the state were saying delegates are bound etc? Shouldn't they have told the MSM that they are wrong and no delegates are bound? Or are they in on the cover up?

If I was in america I would be contacting the RNC legal team for clarification and asking them why they are not speaking out! I am taking it that the RNC is some regulatory body? If so shouldn't they be regulating? If they are not then you need to pressure them!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Some Ron Paul supporters seem to have issues with basic logic.

The RNC has never and will never enforce the binding...from their perspective, all delegates are free to do what they want.

But their rule does not overturn state bindings...especially those that are bound by State law (which most are). They also don't override any legal and binding oaths those delegates pledge for a candidate.

This is why each State Party/State Law has their own binding rules/laws...the RNC is simply saying they have no role in it...they aren't saying "WE UNBIND ALL DELEGATES".

This is basic logic.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

but the legal council said

The RNC does not recognize a state's binding of national delegates, but considers each delegate a free agent who can vote for whoever they choose.

to me that says that they are unbinded even by state standards.

If they didnt care, then why not just say they have no rules regarding binding of delegates

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Hmmmm basic good must escape you then. Did you even watch the. Ideo?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Despite how much I don't want to, I give you a star for this as it's what I understand as well.

Sure, you can vote however you want at the national convention - but I believe that vote may have definitely repercussions when you get home, if it's allowed to stand in the first place by various state GOP dictates (not quite sure how that last conflict of levels balances out).

Take care.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0nZ

but the legal council said

The RNC does not recognize a state's binding of national delegates, but considers each delegate a free agent who can vote for whoever they choose.

to me that says that they are unbinded even by state standards.

If they didnt care, then why not just say they have no rules regarding binding of delegates

A private orginizations rules can't overturn a State law...a lot of these bound delegates are bound by State law. The ones that are bound by party rules usually still have to sign a legally binding oath that they will vote for the bound candidate.

Do you think the RNC has the power to trump laws??

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Hmmmm basic good must escape you then. Did you even watch the. Ideo?

I have no idea what you just said.

Please try again.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Despite how much I don't want to, I give you a star for this as it's what I understand as well.

Sure, you can vote however you want at the national convention - but I believe that vote may have definitely repercussions when you get home, if it's allowed to stand in the first place by various state GOP dictates (not quite sure how that last conflict of levels balances out).

Take care.

I wish more people would realize that this isn't a pro or anti Paul position...it is just the facts.

And I will fully admit that not all States legally bind their delegates when the delegates are considered "bound"...some are soley on ambigous party rules. One that I can think of is Arizona whos rules state:

"Each delegate to the national convention shall use his best efforts at the convention for the party's presidential nominee candidate who received the greatest number of votes in the presidential preference election ... until the candidate releases the delegate ... withdraws from the race or until one convention nominating ballot "

If they don't accompany this with a signed oath that is legally binding, there are no consequences for the delegates from breaking their pledge...however unless the State chairperson is a Ron Paul supporter, I doubt they will allow that to happening.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The thing is that many of the delegates to the RNC were chosen because they will go along with whatever they are told and have no conscience of their own to speak of. They still think that romney has it in the bag by any means possible.

I still think Ron Paul will win the nomination and go on to fight/debate obama. That is one of main reasons 'they' do not want Dr Paul, 'they' know he can actually win the debates and get millions to vote for him as President.

The future has always been preplanned the only difference now is that individuals are waking up and have been come uncontrollable...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join