It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

** BREAKING NEWS: The guy handing out fake slates in Maine works for ROMNEY (suprise?) **

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

You're getting lost Outcast. The GOP nimination is not about a popular vote, its about a private party selecting the nominee through a delegate process.

This is not a government election.

By the way, even if it were about the popular vote, then Romney getting all Florida delegates would have to be wrong, I take it you agree with that

Nah...I'm not getting lost...I know that perfectly well.

Which is why I know Ron Paul won't be the nominee...because the GOP is a private organization and at any time they can tell Ron Paul to stuff it or they can simple make the nomination themselves without any input from anyone. This is why it is kind of sad to see Ron Paul supporters think he still has a chance.

There has been an unwritten understanding in these primaries and caucuses that the winner of the popular vote in the primary/caucus gets the delegates or in most states the candidates proportionally get the delegates. Ron Paul and his supporters are spitting in the face of that tradition and saying "We know better...and we don't care what our peers think".

I don't get your point about Florida.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Wow.... After reading thru this for a few posts, trolling showed its ugly head.

There is a difference in convincing for delegates and deceiving for them.

Whether or not rules were broken, deception seems to be the tactic this
presidential candidate works with.

I would rather be convinced than than deceived.

edit on 11-5-2012 by fallow the light because: (no reason given)

Deception is what Ron Paul is using...hence why his campaign has come up with the term "Stealth Delegates".

Stealth seems to be more about deception than convincing people you are right.

Ron Paul lost the vote...most people are trusting that people in their OWN party will honor the results of the vote...Ron Paul and his people are betraying that trust and stealing the delegates for himself.

I have said it before, I actually hope (even though I know it isn't possible) that Ron Paul does gain the nomination by this process. It would be such an easy win for Obama with the betrayal that Ron Paul has committed against the majority of Republican voters.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spire

I don't think thats the case, you're starting to get really annoying, doesn't surprise me if you get paid to tell bull#...

People don't tend to get annoyed or upset by "bull#".

The do get annoyed by someone throwing facts and truth in their face that they are trying to actively ignore though.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This guy is a GOP hero, he will make it far and rise to the top for such heroic efforts to neutralize the Party imposter Ron Paul and his tampering with the delegate process. That is what all the Party officials will see him as, he won't get as much as a slap on the wrist.

Nothing illegal here, there are no Party rules against this.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by spire

I don't think thats the case, you're starting to get really annoying, doesn't surprise me if you get paid to tell bull#...

The do get annoyed by someone throwing facts and truth in their face that they are trying to actively ignore though.

Yet people provide proof of the other, and you come with proof of another. And IIRC, there are few people like you with your opinions on this forum (Atleast from my observations), so I'm gonna ask you, do you consider yourself superior to the majority of this forum? Cause it looks like you're trying to be over everyone else, yet the majority of the people here disagree with probably everything you say. So who's wrong and whos right?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spire

Yet people provide proof of the other, and you come with proof of another. And IIRC, there are few people like you with your opinions on this forum (Atleast from my observations), so I'm gonna ask you, do you consider yourself superior to the majority of this forum? Cause it looks like you're trying to be over everyone else, yet the majority of the people here disagree with probably everything you say. So who's wrong and whos right?

I don't feel superior to the majority of people on this site...I just think most of them lack formal logical skills. It's a common issue with the majority of people...people just don't think logically. And when they say they are, they are confusing what logic is. But I don't feel superior to them because they aren't very logical in their thinking...I feel absolutely frustrated

I guess we will see who is "right" or "wrong" about the bound delegates at the convention...if all the bound delegates are released to vote for whoever they want...then I guess all of you were right. If not...then you are all wrong.
edit on 11-5-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spire

reply to post by spire

You do know this is a conspiracy site whos membership is from any Country the world over right?
As such it does not represent the majority opinion of people who can actually vote in the GOP primary season, they have voted and did not choose Ron Paul, they voted for anyone but him by an overwhelming majority.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
This guy is a GOP hero, he will make it far and rise to the top for such heroic efforts to neutralize the Party imposter Ron Paul and his tampering with the delegate process. That is what all the Party officials will see him as, he won't get as much as a slap on the wrist.

Nothing illegal here, there are no Party rules against this.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I have one question, I hope its not too off topic:

Romney has been labeled an elitist, a bully, and clearly comes from money correct?

But has he attended the Bilderberg meetings, Bohemian Grove, etc???

We know Obama and the Clintons attend these things...just wondering

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by spire

I don't feel superior to the majority of people on this site...I just think most of them lack formal logical skills. It's a common issue with the majority of people...people just don't think logically. And when they say they are, they are confusing what logic is. But I don't feel superior to them because they aren't very logical in their thinking...I feel absolutely frustrated

I guess we will see who is "right" or "wrong" about the bound delegates at the convention...if all the bound delegates are released to vote for whoever they want...then I guess all of you were right. If not...then you are all wrong.
edit on 11-5-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

There won't be any delegate decision making, it will be a coronation event for only contender left in the race, Mitt Romney.
The only way Ron Paul could use his stack of swindled delegates is if some unforseeable circumstance prevents Mitt Romney from accepting the nomination, examples would be a sudden health issue or something like that. Even then the Party could rule to wipe the results of all elections and choose a Sarah Pallin or some Republican Governor over Ron Paul.

Ron Paul will never be the Nominee, his vote count proves to the Party he is not popular enough.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Also, I am not a proud republican. Yet, why is there such a media bias and hypocrtical stance when it comes to reporting on tactics from both sides.

Remember 2008? Remember the Black Panthers posting up outside election centers, intimidating people into voting for Obama, or chasing off white republicans? Hmmmm....definitely no bullying or tomfoolery going on there....

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Thank you for this!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Ron Paul could use his stack of swindled delegates

I haven't been keeping track what do you mean, swindled delegates?

Thanks

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Wow, Mitt is starting to look like a complete and total scumbag.

It seems Mitt is dirtier than tricky dicky.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Romney is a crook, liar, cheat, thief, and a whole bunch of other things. I guess he fits in perfect with the agenda that seems to progressively get worse. Yet no coverage in the MSM... hmm

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

reply to post by spire

The only way Ron Paul could use his stack of swindled delegates

Yes please explain how following the convention rules means he swindled these delegates...
edit on 5/11/2012 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Wow you US people really give a terd about your politics... Dont you all still not get it that its all a opera.... This + that and drama, huge headlines.... Divert attention to everything else, wow a video showing up which hugely discredits someone.... Oh its youtube, where 90% of people go, and its probably in some link right on front page... Wonder why youtube would bother with politics... Oh wait thats why.

Anyway keep on gasping at the same thing jumping out of that wind up box. Gets you every time.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spire
And IIRC, there are few people like you with your opinions on this forum (Atleast from my observations), so I'm gonna ask you, do you consider yourself superior to the majority of this forum? Cause it looks like you're trying to be over everyone else, yet the majority of the people here disagree with probably everything you say. So who's wrong and whos right?

Interestingly, I've seen the opposite argument used here several times by Paul supporters. The claim is made that Paul is right and majority of Republican primary voters are "sheep" who don't know better so that justifies the stealth delegate campaign.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
They are all over this story at Daily Paul.

www.dailypaul.com...

one entry:

they're trying to cover it up
Submitted by WildSatchmo on Fri, 05/11/2012 - 09:10. Permalink
they're trying to cover it up already!!! Romney campaign changed the amount they paid Charlie on their website. It used to be $3,335.29 and suddenly it is a modest $68.00

query.nictusa.com...

compare to ginger's original video - the total was just a tad higher

Edited to add the ex-text link doesn't work. They got their hand out of the cookie jar pdq on that one.
Paul camps hopes to prosecute this dude.

edit on 5/11/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add info

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Here we go, after digging through a few bills this is what I have found so far:

Deceptive Practices and Voter Intimidation Prevention Act 2007

From page 3-4.

Also in 2006, certain candidates in Maryland distributed fliers in predominantly African-American neighborhoods that falsely claimed that the candidates had been endorsed by their opponents’ party and by prominent African American figures. 15 Senator Ben Cardin testified that such literature was ‘‘clearly designed to mislead African American voters, who have a legal right to vote and
pick the candidate of their choice,’’ and therefore that it ‘‘was rightfully denounced by civil rights groups as a voter suppression and intimidation effort.’’ 16
Deceptive practices involving ‘‘the explicit endorsement by any person or organization of a candidate running for any office voted on in the election’’ are prohibited under H.R. 1281.

HR 1281

Authorizes any person to report to the Attorney General false election information or intimidation of voters. Requires the Attorney General, immediately after receiving such a report, to consider and review it and, if there is a reasonable basis to find that a violation has occurred, to: (1) undertake all effective measures necessary to provide correct information to voters affected by the false information; and (2) refer the matter to the appropriate federal and state authorities for criminal prosecution or civil action after the election.

6/25/2007--Passed House amended. Deceptive Practices and Voter Intimidation Prevention Act of 2007 - Amends the federal criminal code to make it unlawful for anyone before or during a federal election to knowingly communicate, or attempt to communicate, false election-related information about that election, with the intent to prevent another person from exercising the right to vote. Increases from one year to five years' imprisonment the criminal penalty for intimidation of voters.

Clearly in the first paragraph linked, it gives the example of someone passing out deceptive fliers listing names to fool voters into voting for the wrong person. This is considered voter intimidation and deception. It is actually illegal.
edit on 11-5-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join