It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Might Soon Own Large Stake in AMC Movie Theaters in the U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The New York Times reports today that AMC Theatres, America's second-biggest movie theater chain, may soon be purchased by a Chinese company, the Wanda Group, which, as one of the biggest theater operators in China, is no stranger to the Chinese government's longstanding practice of censoring American movies. So what happens if they come to own such a large part of the American movie market?

The movie industry is booming in China, and this would be the first significant expansion it has made into the States. And while there have been plenty of Chinese companies that have bought big American ones -- Lenovo gobbled up IBM's personal computer business -- this might be the first time a Chinese company became a player in the U.S. entertainment and media sector.

www.theatlanticwire.com...#

China just took over a U.S. bank, The Bank of East Asia, and now we have this news that China might buy a large stake of the AMC movie theaters in the U.S.

It seems obvious that China is taking over U.S. companies,and the Feds, and the banker elites are facilitating this takeover.

We can only wonder how big will they takeover of U.S. companies be.

I actually didn't know the owners of AMC movie theaters include Apollo Investment Fund, J. P. Morgan Partners, Bain Capital Investors, the Carlyle Group.

It seem obvious that the banker elites are in control of pretty much everything, and even though they know how China loves to censor American movies and their content, I wonder why they are allowing this and what they will do once they hold a large stake of AMC movie theaters.

What do you guys think?

edit on 10-5-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If they touch my shreddied wheat its war on in donkey kong.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
probably make loads of movies

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I think we should be putting covert efforts into influencing some type of cultural coup d'etat within China's leadership.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
probably make loads of movies

The Chinese censor American movies and their content. Heck they even censor the internet and it's content to Chinese people. Will they do the same once they buy the large stakes on AMC movie theaters?

I think they will slowly include censors until Americans get used to it. That's the way they will do it if China does buy the large stakes of AMC theaters.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

i think CHINA is Dumping as much USA currency as it can,, buying up companies, and FARMS,, paying for it in USA dollars.. which VERY soon our dollar, will be worthless...

that's what i think...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
wow this commercial is slowly getting closer to coming to fruition.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The concern here is that (a) a LOT of our money ends up in China as-is and (b) a LOT more is going to be headed to China. You think they'll keep AMC profits in the US? Think again. That solidifies it for me. No more going to the AMC.

top topics

join