It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wrote a New Song - "Thank You"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hey guys,

I'm an aspiring musician and just recently have been learning production skills in the past 6 months or so.

I've been doing music all my life mainly piano and composing and singing came later.

Here's the link, I hope you guys like it. Listen with headphones for best listening experience.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 10-5-2012 by Ptenjakin because: Added listen to headphones

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sounds good, but the vocal quality is poor. Not saying your voice sucks, because it sounds good, really, but the effect you have over it seems to have a stifling effect.

The vocals need to be more present, not behind the instruments.

I suggest applying the effect you're using from around the 3:20 mark throughout the entire song.

Great job, though.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Did you listen using speakers or headphones?

Anyway, in general, I like having more present instruments. I've had a lot of people tell me they want more vocals, but I actually make the instrumentals more present on purpose. I guess i grew up listening to a lot of classical and have more appreciation for the musicality and instrumentation more than vocalism and it shows in my music.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Embedded for you. Beautiful song and lyrics. Thanks for sharing. I left a comment on youtube for you.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Wow check this one out.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Thanks! haha

I'm not incredibly proud of the second one though. I could've done better i definitely rushed it :X

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I loved it!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ptenjakin

Did you listen using speakers or headphones?

Anyway, in general, I like having more present instruments. I've had a lot of people tell me they want more vocals, but I actually make the instrumentals more present on purpose. I guess i grew up listening to a lot of classical and have more appreciation for the musicality and instrumentation more than vocalism and it shows in my music.

I listened on headphones, Sennheiser HD 555s. That makes sense, but the best way to approach these things is to strike a balance between vocal and instrumental presence. I can see you tried to do that by putting more vocal presence into the bridge.

I'm no sound engineer so I don't know all the technical terms, but without more present vocals the track sounds like it's missing middle ground, if that makes sense? The instruments provide enough bass, but the vocals are all treble and there's no middle ground. If that's the effect your going for, then so be it and kudos for experimenting, but standard pop tends to put most of its focus on vocal presence.

The voice is an instrument, keep this in mind.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I think that's the general direction of pop now, too much emphasis of the vocals. I think it's what people are used to.

I do employ my vocals as an instrument, but my take is that it isn't the main instrument.

top topics

join