It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Seen the Attention-Grabbing New TIME Cover?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Many of you are petty, and tiny. Many of you were not breastfed.

Drinking the milk from your mother that was engineered, designed and produced JUST FOR YOU can only benefit you. You will notice that breast fed babies are smarter, bigger, healthier looking and suffer from far less ailments. Like me

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

I think a mom can breastfeed her kid as long as she pleases. For one, the child will grow out of it eventually and my brother was breastfed till he was two. There's nothing really bothersome about it. But the way they depict it on the cover is kind of shocking and they did it on purpose to get sales. Duh.

Move on people.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

When and where do we draw the line?
edit on 11-5-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

The thing is Bella, you and a whole bunch of other ATS members do not know what you are talking about.

You are making up assumptions that seem correct in your world but are incorrect in the real world.

You should do some research on breastfeeding and it's benefits and deny your ignorance on the subject. There is so much information out there on this topic that it would very easy for you to do.

Here is some for you:

The "teeth" thing is a perfect example. You are 100% utterly wrong to assume that teeth are nature way of saying "it's time to move on"

In a group of 21 species of non-human primates (monkeys and apes) studied by Holly Smith, she found that the offspring were weaned at the same time they were getting their first permanent molars. In humans, that would be: 5.5-6.0 years.

Source

There is sooooooooo much more to the benefits of breastfeeding that nutrition.

Example - Women who suffer from high levels of anxiety and post natal depression have a significant negative impact on their children's development and behaviour if they stop breast feeding in the first year.

However, Women with anxiety and depression who continued breastfeeding into and beyond the second year had almost no effect - and insignificant effect - on their child's development and behaviour.

Source

The WorldHealth Organisation recommends:

Exclusive breastfeeding is recommended up to 6 months of age, with continued breastfeeding along with appropriate complementary foods up to two years of age or beyond.

Source

However, much of the argument against extended breastfeeding is based on societal norms and prejudices, as well as a certain amount of guesswork, rather than scientific fact and research.

Source

My pro breastfeeding stance is not my opinion and neither is this argument on extended breast feeding a matter of opinions ... it's the facts verse the fiction

(I will point out that the argument about if this photo should be on the front page of a major newspaper is another matter entirely)

How can anyone argue with the facts? Why does anyone WANT to argue with the facts? I don't get it?

The breast is best for at least 2 years ... lets try to do what is best for our children ... simple ... don't you want to do whats best for our children?

Cmon Bella and the rest of the nay sayers ... open your mind to the facts and let go of your ignorance
edit on 12/5/12 by Horza because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Incredibly ignorant post ... Why don't you do some research into breastfeeding and "attachment parenting" which should be called "Advanced Parenting"

Attachment parents seek to understand the biological and psychological needs of the child, and to avoid unrealistic expectations of child behavior. In setting boundaries and limits that are appropriate to the age of the child, attachment parenting takes into account the physical and psychological stage of development that the child is currently experiencing. In this way, parents may seek to avoid frustration that occurs when they expect things beyond the child's capability. According to Arnall (2007), discipline means teaching the child by gentle guidance, such as re-direction, natural consequences, listening and modeling, and not by punitive means such as spanking, time-out, grounding, and punitive consequences.

sourcesource

What you are talking about is permissive parenting and I agree 100% that it is harmful to both parent and child.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by baphomet420

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I have to ask an odd question...how much milk is that kid getting?

I'm not trying to be crude...but I know from experience that when my wife was breastfeeding...well...the milk has to be stored somewhere.

In that picture...the women doesn't look like she is holding much milk.

I just kind of find that odd...but then again...maybe it is just my limitied experience of witnessing breast feeding.
edit on 10-5-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

i am replying to you, because i do not want to read 5 more pages of this and your always cool... lol...

what i find disturbing about this beyond the fact that time is putting it on the cover (which will justify it in mothers eyes), and you can confirm this with your wife since she breast fed if she doesn't have issues with discussing it...

according to my ex-wife (she did stop at 3 months) there is a 'release' with breast feeding. alot like using a drug. she called it euphoric..

so basically the way I see it, these mothers are getting high at the cost of their childrens development.
its an addiction.
on the mothers part, not the child...

She did say there was a satisfaction to it...in a completely non-sexual way...just a mothering satisfaction of knowing you are nurturing your child.

But she did also say that she knew when it was time to stop...I don't remember when she stopped...I want to say 6 months but not sure.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Her other half must be better than sharing than my hubby is!I overheard him telling our kid at 1 that they are only on loan lol

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
And the pussification of the men's world goes on.
In 20 years straight white males will be worshipping women and homos.....

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by deepankarm

If only ...

If we do we might actually get somewhere rather than wallowing in a state of self destruction and stagnation

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by reg

Originally posted by Violater1

Lucky little sh*t

Seriously tho, i think breast feeding for say the first year 18 months is fine, after that it starts to get creepy.

I actually remember a tv show about this subject receiving a lot of attention a while ago over here in the UK because it featured an 8 year old that was still been breast fed

I just looked it up and i'm pretty sure the show was called 'Extraordinary Breastfeeding' heres part 1 for those interested

i cant get the video to link so the link is www.youtube.com... if anyone cares to do it for me.. cheers

edit on 11-5-2012 by reg because: try to fix the youtube video but i it aint f*ck*ng working

edit on 11-5-2012 by reg because: same as above

haha, It's exactly like the clip from season 1 of Game of Thrones

www.youtube.com...

Course the Game of thrones version never shows the nipple.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Not the first time, and won't be the last. This is not illegal. I think it is up to each parent to decide. Some of you guys need to get off your high horse and stop dictating morality to others.

www.nairaland.com...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Might I add that there is nothing wrong with breast feeding it is the most natural thing in the world, we should all be breast fed maybe we wouldn't have so many idiots in this world. But to be breast fed for so long is just I dont get it, like 7 year olds still breastfeeding. How long are you going to keep doing it until they are teenagers?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
-

Do yo realize how offensive that is to Mothers who Breastfeed beyond 3 months
Calling them addicts
Sure it must be wonderful for a Mother to feed her child without going to Walmart
But you are showing more than a little ignorance and disrespect by comments
How uncool of you

edit on 11-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

i never said 3 months IS the time... that is just when my ex stopped...

however, if your child is 3 y.o. and you are STILL breast feeding, i see you as a junkie. and yes, that was meant to be as disrespectful as possible. there should be no respect in hindering your childs devolopement for selfish reasons.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

-

Calling them addicts
Sure it must be wonderful for a Mother to feed her child without going to Walmart
How uncool of you

however, if your child is 3 y.o. and you are STILL breast feeding, i see you as a junkie. and yes, that was meant to be as disrespectful as possible. there should be no respect in hindering your childs devolopement for selfish reasons.

so.. do you have any evidence to back up this claim that BFing past 2 or 3 years hinders a child's development? or is that just your gut reaction? that's how you FEEL about this issues. surely you see the difference between your knee-jerk reaction and decades of medical science?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

THANK YOU!! I had to go thru this whole thread a gain to find a damn answer to my question.

This is what Im pondering over. And so should the rest of you. Consider, that while this may be an attention grab from TIME...yet they dont feel comfortable enough(or its illegal) to release this cover in other parts of the world.

I dont know, Im seeing western propoganda, and an attempt to "test" our culture.

I believe someone has already stated the divide and conquer technique. with this AND obammy comming out for gay mirrages this week you really have to look at the culture shock aspect that they are willing to put on us westerners for benefit. whatever that may be.

This just makes me curious, the fact that this cover is only being released in the US.

any thoughts on this?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

-

Calling them addicts
How uncool of you

Trolls on ATS how sad

junkie breastfeeding moms

Im guessing your mom didn't hug you enough as a child?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chickensalad
reply to post by JBA2848

THANK YOU!! I had to go thru this whole thread a gain to find a damn answer to my question.

This is what Im pondering over. And so should the rest of you. Consider, that while this may be an attention grab from TIME...yet they dont feel comfortable enough(or its illegal) to release this cover in other parts of the world.

I dont know, Im seeing western propoganda, and an attempt to "test" our culture.

I believe someone has already stated the divide and conquer technique. with this AND obammy comming out for gay mirrages this week you really have to look at the culture shock aspect that they are willing to put on us westerners for benefit. whatever that may be.

This just makes me curious, the fact that this cover is only being released in the US.

any thoughts on this?

it is only being released like that in the USA because it is a country full of ignorant people who would rather read about a celebrity's new hair cut or to argue over something completely natural because they are not bothered about the bigger issues outside of its boarders.

Knowledge is power and thats the last thing that they want the masses to have in this country.
Dumb sheep are much more manageable.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

-

Calling them addicts
How uncool of you

That would be fine to voice your opinion and if you state it your opinion rather as a matter of fact statement as if you are some expert on this - Be disrespectful if you wish it shows your lack of social graces is all
So how a Junkie - You mean like a Crack head or what.- If you see breastfeeding Mothers who continue after your expert opinion of 3 years then who else is a Junkie - I guess we are all Junkies then accordinging to your slang use of words
What happened to individual choice - Or do you think there should be a law made for those who do not do as you do - If not why the disrespect does it make you feel big about yourself

link   

Originally posted by Chickensalad

any thoughts on this?

That's because it is not a controversial topic in the rest of the world. People would not raise their eyebrow in Sweden/England/Germany (2-3 years breastfeeding perfectly normal) Eastern Europe (4-7 years) Arab countries (4-7 years) Africans would LOL at some of people on this thread and so on.

You are the only ones who have a problem with prolonged breastfeeding so they've chosen to put it on a magazine cover, in your faces and oh boy - look at your reactions. Some people are even wondering how come there is milk in a normal size breast while others hope this woman gets paid so she can 'enlarge her small chest'.

You're funny

link   

-

Calling them addicts
How uncool of you

That would be fine to voice your opinion and if you state it your opinion rather as a matter of fact statement as if you are some expert on this - Be disrespectful if you wish it shows your lack of social graces is all
So how a Junkie - You mean like a Crack head or what.- If you see breastfeeding Mothers who continue after your expert opinion of 3 years then who else is a Junkie - I guess we are all Junkies then according to your slang use of words
What happened to individual choice - Or do you think there should be a law made for those who do not do as you do - If not why the disrespect does it make you feel big about yourself

So how a Junkie - You mean like a Crack head or what.- If you see breastfeeding Mothers who continue after your expert opinion of 3 years then who else is a Junkie - I guess we are all Junkies then according to your slang use of words
edit on 12-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join