It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Jet that Crashed into Indonesia Found

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Russian Jet that Crashed into Indonesia Found

www.foxnews.com

Rescuers say they have discovered bodies near the wreckage of a Russian-made passenger plane that smashed into a steep Indonesian volcano with 45 people on board.

Search and rescue spokesman Gagah Prakoso said his teams reached the remote, rugged site near the crater on Thursday afternoon.

They found the Sukhoi Superjet-100 scattered along the jungly slopes.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Russian Jet Vanishes Mid-Flight

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Read more: www.foxnews.com...

So the Russians have found the wreckage of their missing airliner. It crashed into the side of Mount Salak, a volcano just 30 miles southwest of Jakarta.

This hasn't been posted yet, and I think it is important to follow up on previous stories. I was waiting for the conclusion to this one, because it seemed so surreal that a jet would just disappear. o_0

I was prepared to be intrigued if they never found the wreckage.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well the mystery of why it went missing is solved, but oh the tragedy of the lives lost.

Will we actually find out what really happened? Why would they request to drop so low?
Didn't they know that they were approaching the volcano or did they think they would treat the passengers to a closer view of Mount Salak?
Did they get permission to descend to 6,000ft.?

I must say FOX news let me down once again! A horrible disaster happens, and in their coverage
(op's reference) of the discovery of a plane crash they feel the need to add :

"It is their big hope that they will somehow get into the jet aircraft passenger market in a bigger way than they have, because we all know that the Russians have had a dreadful record in the past with their aircraft, so this was vitally important to their industry," said Tom Ballantyne, a Sydney-based aviation expert.
With a relatively low price tag of around $35 million, the plane has garnered around 170 orders.
And Indonesia, a sprawling archipelagic nation of 240 million people with a fast-growing middle class,
was one of the biggest potential customers.

Kartika Airlines and Sky Aviation -- among dozens of airlines to have popped up in Indonesia in the last decade to meet the growing demand for cheap air travel -- had already ordered at least 42.

People involved in those plans said they were waiting for the results of the investigation before reconsidering. Most wanted to know whether the problem was mechanical or pilot error.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It sounds like they wanted to do a little sightseeing and got some numbers wrong. I'll bet there was about one second of time when the pilot saw green instead of clouds. Where is the top secret conspiracy? I'm going for the pilot brain damage from Fukushima radiation, HAARP, and solar flares theory.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Many are ignoring the fact that many of the potential BUYERS were among the 45 people who died in the crash. Even more-so than the crash itself, the actual PEOPLE who died on the flight could very well doom their program and hopes of entering the market.

I'd imagine that's a tough sell in the boardroom after this....with an empty chair in the room...

Of course, the conspiracy theorist in me wonders if someone had a huge stake in seeing the Russian aircraft company fail. Such a flight would have been an incredible target to doom the company's chances in that market.

edit on 10-5-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

it was posted already here:- www.abovetopsecret.com...

but yes i think it was missed by most!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Do you think there is anything conspiratorial in the crash,
or just a freak accident?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Personally i think it was the VOLCANO,,that burped,,and dont care what kind of pilot u are if that happened,,it was in an active volcanic region,, and the mountain is actually a VOLCANO.
Maybe it is just too obvious???????????

Me.
edit on 10-5-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Kind of hard to tell with the current facts. But, it'd be interesting to see what happens in that market (and if the other companies get the contracts vs. the Russians...)

We'll have to see if any mechanical failure is to blame (and if the bodies of the pilots are among those found). Personally, I think the coincidences of it are certainly suspect, but without knowing what caused the crash, just speculation at this point.

Especially the difference reported on people aboard...45 or 47? Is the difference of two a phony pilot and co-pilot? Will they find 45 bodies, 2 of which have flight uniforms?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
Well the mystery of why it went missing is solved, but oh the tragedy of the lives lost.

Will we actually find out what really happened? Why would they request to drop so low?
Didn't they know that they were approaching the volcano or did they think they would treat the passengers to a closer view of Mount Salak?
Did they get permission to descend to 6,000ft.?

I must say FOX news let me down once again! A horrible disaster happens, and in their coverage
(op's reference) of the discovery of a plane crash they feel the need to add :

"It is their big hope that they will somehow get into the jet aircraft passenger market in a bigger way than they have, because we all know that the Russians have had a dreadful record in the past with their aircraft, so this was vitally important to their industry," said Tom Ballantyne, a Sydney-based aviation expert.
With a relatively low price tag of around $35 million, the plane has garnered around 170 orders.
And Indonesia, a sprawling archipelagic nation of 240 million people with a fast-growing middle class,
was one of the biggest potential customers.

Kartika Airlines and Sky Aviation -- among dozens of airlines to have popped up in Indonesia in the last decade to meet the growing demand for cheap air travel -- had already ordered at least 42.

People involved in those plans said they were waiting for the results of the investigation before reconsidering. Most wanted to know whether the problem was mechanical or pilot error.

www.foxnews.com...

You are right, western news groups, especially over here the BBC always run the Russian aviation industry down.

Crash involving Boeing, BBC will report "plane crash in USA" no initial mention of manufacturers national location
Crash involving Airbus, BBC "plane crash in France" no initial mention of manufacturers national location
Crash involving Tupulov/Russian made, BBC "plane carsh involving Russian made plane" they ram this down your throat repeatedly, Russian made, Russian made.................................

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
i posted this post in the previous thread i linked to above
looks very interesting to me why this would of even be added to the story?

The crew members and all passengers on board the Sukhoi SuperJet-100 were covered by insurance worth US $300 million, provided by Rosgosstrakh Russian group of companies.

RT source

the insurancve company

RGS insurance

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
To be fair Russian aviation has been pretty bad.

I've flown Aeroflop, it's a scary ride.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
RIP
I guess we will have to wait for the report.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Most of the passengers were big time buyers and investors, so the combined insurance total shouldn't be too surprising. That's just it. This wasn't just an average passenger flight. It was a demo flight, and full of nothing but movers and shakers, designed to sell this product to these investors.

That's what makes the crash so suspect for foul play.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Space lazer........ Nice doing business with you .

Get your Boeing at a discount ...we have airplane to sell!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Many are ignoring the fact that many of the potential BUYERS were among the 45 people who died in the crash. Even more-so than the crash itself, the actual PEOPLE who died on the flight could very well doom their program and hopes of entering the market.

I'd imagine that's a tough sell in the boardroom after this....with an empty chair in the room...

Of course, the conspiracy theorist in me wonders if someone had a huge stake in seeing the Russian aircraft company fail. Such a flight would have been an incredible target to doom the company's chances in that market.

That seems to me to be the most plausible explanation, then again, Im a conspiracy nut...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Sure like to know why the Emergency Locator Beacon never went off or if it did why so long to find the plane?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
there was supposed to be the most sophisticated system that would prevent the pilot from making any mistakes.
The other thread said these kind of demo runs, they go all out show the people what the planes can do.

there are pics in the other thread, big, smooge in the side of the mountain, just below the top where the airplane hit.
edit on 10-5-2012 by research100 because: correct spelling
page 7, lnks to pic in that thread
edit on 10-5-2012 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

Oh man... pics in the other thread... I should have thought of that.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Space lazer........ Nice doing business with you .

Get your Boeing at a discount ...we have airplane to sell!

I think you're gonna find out that parts of Indonesia is forgotten by god and Boeing, oh did i forget Airbus.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join