It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do We Exist Now?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

It's a conundrum!?!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

BT= British Telecom, phone company in the UK. Stephen Hawking done an advert for them in the 80s or 90s.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You and me both lol

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Like this?

Sorry messed up my post
edit on 5/10/2012 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Thats the one, now if only our govs could apply this ideology humans might start to answer the questions posed above!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I am an american but I do understand British humor from time time time and their thinking lol.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

lol yup...

oh and in regard to the reverse time dilation issue. I wanted to share a diagram I drew up a couple years ago... a very crude and rough version.

I actually had to log in and retrieve my password to physicsforums.com to get the image as I had deleted it awhile back.

First off for the benefit of others in the thread that might not understand time dilation I will add a simple but informative clip -

This is the diagram i drew up to visualize reverse time dilation... No complex math and yes i'm sorry it's very basic but it's the best way I would picture it

Thoughts?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

You're talking to a math/computer science/physics graduate. That I have no problem with. I'm just lousy with philosophy and lousy at explaining in english. It could be because I am deaf. I just see out there. I think too much. I think my question is very good.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

As to your diagram, looks sound to me but if we could just connect any 2 points on your diagram/graph by bending the paper/multiverse over so the 2 points intersect/join then there really is no need for velocity eh? Not taking anything away from your diagram mate. You seem to know more than me. Still cant get that reverse jobby thing out my head, i blame Red Dwarf!
edit on 10-5-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

That reminds me of that book Dune or that movie.... the folding of space. Travelling without moving.

At what point in time did that happen. That my very point.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

oh no I wasn't criticizing your question at all?

What I am asking also relates to your question, also I wasnt saying you didnt know about time dilation. I only posted that as courtesy for any readers of the thread that might not have come across it....

I'm happy you have the experience in science. I completed High School science, however after that I went into the business/ management field (MBA)

I have always had an interest in science but did not pursue it at university.

I would like your opinion on reverse time dilation, be honest and blunt though.. it's ok! I' am fine with constructive feedback

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

"At what point in time did that happen. That my very point."

There is no point in time, we humans create reference points so we can try and seperate moments that are all hapening all at once, sort of like notches on our bed posts or degrees on a compass.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

lol!

In regard to physics, I have spent more time online than I did in school. As you can probz tell by that diagram, I am no expert but I have theories

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I see what your saying as well. You are talking about wormholes etc yes?

That is also true but to explain time dilation in a linear format, I then tried to describe reverse time dilation in the same way... (although in a very simplified form) DAlien might consider it something from elementary school (the diagram) if studying physics and math on a much higher level, but it was the best way I could describe my theory.

It's a step by step process

edit on 10-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

That's ok

From what i read (your posts) you seem to be a very smart person. You will succeed in your life.

My OP is something even the greatest philsophers had no answer to.

I love computer science but this question (my OP) has been bothering me among other questions.

Sorry if I haven't explain it very well. Like I said im not well versed in philsophy and english.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Loved the discussion people! Have to go get my little one from School now, ile check back later coz i think this thread is a great topic, some might say they only topic.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

So basically our existences are based on chance? There's that and there's this?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Ok have a good day

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I think black holes are key to this issue...

The fact they draw in all matter, particles.... and well seemingly everything is sucked into the event horizon and just simply disappears from our view of time and space...

To me that was the what sparked my reverse time dilation theory...

The velocity of the "vortex" or event horizon must be so great that even photons are drawn in to the black hole. Either that or from our visual perspective they are drawn in. If it is only illusion caused by grav lensing then my theory starts to fall apart.

However if photons along with everything else are drawn into a black hole then it leads me to believe that the vortex is faster than light and all matter and light simply disappears from our time and space... so then where does it go?

Is that the point where reverse/negative time dilation begins?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Sorry my replies and comments may seem off topic but I think a greater understand of time and space is needed before asking that question....

You need to crawl before you can walk and walk before run...

I may be wrong in my theories but I do think we are not ready to answer your question just yet...

Perhaps some are or already know 100% the answer... if they are then shame on them for not sharing... I think many of us (not all) but many are ready for those answers!

edit on 10-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

LOL okay I thank you for all your posts. You're a very smart person.

I have to go now.

My question has been bothering me almost all my life. Basically it's why NOW? Why not in the past? Why not later?

Thanks for your posts. I'll talk to you later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join