It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Behind the Promise: A Libertarian Dictatorship

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
My solution is kick everyone the F out and let us run ourselves and our own lives. We don't need government to survive and thrive. Government is what has precisely enslaved us and kept us from thriving, so long as it has been in existence. Freedom and government cannot and will not coexist.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You know, all I hear about is liberties and bringing the troops home.. the last I heard we weren't under a draft.

Meaning you join of your own free will, serve a certain amount of time, and can then leave. Is it not a soldiers liberty to be able to serve his country as often as he wants?

And seriously, when you talk of Ron Paul having the young vote, of course he would. when you have the one guy in the room promising to legalize pot and everything else, then the young will gravitate to that. I'm young myself, been around a lot of young people, and they cannot tell me one good reason why RP is such a good candidate, all I hear is " legal pot dude!" and other nonsensical comments.

Is this country ready for the responsibility that will come with legalized drugs and prostitution?

the simple answer is no. You can give me the talking points of how these things can be taxed etc, but its not going to work the way you think. A legal drinking age is as effective as a lead balloon, and alcohol is taxed but somehow we still to this day have moonshiners and guys brewing their own beer in the shed.

Yea it looks like the medicinal shops in CA are doing so well and working within the constraints of the law(end sarcasm). many are being closed down.

At the risk of personal liberties, how far do we go to tax and enforce Legalized drugs and prostitution laws? seems to me there's a catch 22 in the grand ole libertarian scheme.

Aside from all this, I agree with his monetary policy about 90% thats about it.
edit on 11-5-2012 by LoonyConservative because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by MrRamblinRose

I am a RP supporter but I see the difficulties here. Let's say he gets elected, then what. Where the hell does he start and how much pain will be caused along the way? It's so difficult because there is such a huge mess to clean up! The pain along the way is gonna be very, very hard along the way.

Don't get me wrong, no pain, no gain but I think a lot of people seem to think it will be instant change. There is no such thing.

This OP has really opened my eyes to the real problems that are faced.

Ron Paul for prez! Just be prepared for hardship to make things better.

Exactly and there is something fishy always about the topic of Change... Weather it be good to some and bad for others, why is this change supposedly soooo good? Will it work? What if it doesn't work. The RP cult is really truly sure that RP will do all these things, so they ask. "What if it does work?" I have grown from that mind set, and now all times I ask, what if it doesn't work?
and what if we do nothing? what then?..........have you given up? i and many others have not. if he is elected and the changes make things worse before they get better i will go to hell and back to at least try to make things better for my children and someday their children.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoonyConservative
You know, all I hear about is liberties and bringing the troops home.. the last I heard we weren't under a draft.

Meaning you join of your own free will, serve a certain amount of time, and can then leave. Is it not a soldiers liberty to be able to serve his country as often as he wants?

And seriously, when you talk of Ron Paul having the young vote, of course he would. when you have the one guy in the room promising to legalize pot and everything else, then the young will gravitate to that. I'm young myself, been around a lot of young people, and they cannot tell me one good reason why RP is such a good candidate, all I hear is " legal pot dude!" and other nonsensical comments.

Is this country ready for the responsibility that will come with legalized drugs and prostitution?

the simple answer is no. You can give me the talking points of how these things can be taxed etc, but its not going to work the way you think. A legal drinking age is as effective as a lead balloon, and alcohol is taxed but somehow we still to this day have moonshiners and guys brewing their own beer in the shed.

Yea it looks like the medicinal shops in CA are doing so well and working within the constraints of the law(end sarcasm). many are being closed down.

At the risk of personal liberties, how far do we go to tax and enforce Legalized drugs and prostitution laws? seems to me there's a catch 22 in the grand ole libertarian scheme.

you are concerned about legalizing "pot"???? what is wrong with you? you could probably walk within 3 blocks right now from where you live and buy some anyway. it's so easy it's ridiculous. prohibitioin DOES NOT WORK. you know this already but you won't accept it. and your generalization of young people is insulting.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LoonyConservative

Smoking pot is not a problem, if you accept personal dominion , self control over ones body with the exception of not harmng others. Stigmatizing drugs of all types is wrong since it's the abusing that causes health and societal issues, prohibition does not work, it enriches certain people in society , and some of these will work for the Govt.
History proves it.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LoonyConservative

Yup you watch too much Fox news.

You are literally parroting what the current mainstream Republican mentality saying I like Ron Paul's fiscal policy but his foreign policy is scary. The only reason why Ron Paul is popular is because wants to end the wars and legalize pot.

Just get out...seriously, you're not fooling anybody here to think that you have your own opinions, nobody is that stupid.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I answered your questions at least about the fed reserve and now you won't even acknowledge it so we can move to another of your questions. Still, I will not call you names or insult you even through all of your back-handed remarks. If you really want to debate, lets debate but the longer this runs the less it seems that is what you are really looking for.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by eazyriderl_l
I answered your questions at least about the fed reserve and now you won't even acknowledge it so we can move to another of your questions. Still, I will not call you names or insult you even through all of your back-handed remarks. If you really want to debate, lets debate but the longer this runs the less it seems that is what you are really looking for.

Sorry, There were so many insults on that page, I read through your post though and I sort of agreed with it, but also didn't quite understand it, as it mainly had what you agreed with Ron Paul and not...You hardly talked about the topic at hand, which is not Ron Paul and his plans but the points I made in the OP. I do respect your right to believe what you want, but I'm guessing you haven't really looked into his policies like as I have done in my OP. The things in my OP bothered me, so I raised these questions.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I agree with 90% of his economic policy too if only the vultures in Congress would allow his stuff to pass, but as we've seen from his "track record" they want nothing to do with it. So, why not try? becomes, why bother. Since they won't even let him try. I think the republicans do want to do something with the FED though. Romney might even make it more transparent or something. But you bring up two really good points.

Generals in the army are going to want to help other countries. It's just their way. They like to do it. So, if the President tells them no, you cannot go into Sudan, overthrow their dictator and try to set up a freer society for the people. The Generals will be pissed, hire their own private armies, or start them, and go in anyway! Just look at what happened with the KONY video. that stupid thing went viral and Obama, who hates war, (with soldiers), put a few hundred (?) soldiers over there to go out and track him! What if something like that gets uncovered under a President Paul? He will look weak in the international community, because the world's strongest army is not going to go after some stupid little dictator who thinks he can do whatever he wants. And was it me? Or were people cheering in the streets when Bin Laden was killed (if you believe that) or when Gaddafi was slain? People on here even admitted it was nice to see them go. Guess HOW they went? Private wars funded by the top people in the military? Remember fast and Furious? Obama probably doesn't know about it, but Eric Holder and some Generals, sure do!

The country is NOT ready for legalizing prostitution and POT! Only very liberal states have done it, and its still frowned upon. You can still get a ticket for intent to sell and all of these other laws which can get corrupted as well!
edit on 11-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjomaterta
reply to post by jjf3rd77

First of all. Do you understand how the market system and our political system works?

Just by bringing the troops back to the states would not only save the U.S. hundreds of billions of dollars, but the troops overseas would start pumping there money back into the U.S. economy.

By eliminating the income tax would make it easier for anyone to get into the market, invest or create jobs. Plus eliminating the regulations would bring back factories to U.S. The only reason big corporations went overseas is exactly because of regulations, less taxes and cheaper labor. Basically all your dollars are going overseas and that is one reason why the feds need to keep printing.

By eliminating those government agencies, people of course would loose their jobs, but after you open up the markets by eliminating the regulations and taxes those same people will be able to find or create jobs.

He want's to mandate the Fed, if he could he would eliminate it. Private "federal" bank owned by a few banking thugs who are controlling the money supply for their own advantage, printing endlessly and creating inflation.

He want's to pick up the gold standard again. The gold standard would prevent people like the ones who own the fed from printing endless money, so you could only increase the money supply if you had more gold/silver whatever. This would keep inflation/deflation stable and thus the currency would be more stable.

You see most of these regulations where created by lobbyist who work for the companies that those banking thugs own. Most of those regulation are in favor of the big corporations, maintaining their monopoly, and making it harder for smaller corporations to get into the market.

By eliminating those regulations and taxes you are making the playing field even, everyone has the same opportunity to succeed. The monopoly would loose it's base that is keeping them at the top.

You just really need to understand how the market works down to the micro level. If you don't then I understand why you disagree with Ron Paul. But history has shown when you have free markets the growth is much slower but it's more prosperous. Small booms and busts, not big booms and big busts.

Get rid of government insurance and they corporations wont even dare to take loans to expand.

No government insurance + gold standard + no regulations + no private fed = Prosperous, independent and a more responsible society.

Peace from Iceland.

All I am hearing is empty promises with plans that have never even been implemented or proven to work! How is he going to do all of this stuff with only 4% of the current US population behind him?

Never been proven or implemented? What are you talking about.

America used to have the gold standard. 1 dollar used to equal 1oz of silver, but today 1oz silver equals 34 dollars. Which just shows you how much your currency has been devalued. A lot of countries did.

What happened after world war 2? All the troops came home, started spending their money and the economy bloomed.

What happened to Russia after the Soviet Union? Heavy ass Deregulation from a communistic economy to a more competitive one.

But every country in the world today is using fiat currency so that means that there is going to be a big artificial boom and then a huuuuugggggggeee as bust(crisis) and it isn't here yet. Who is going to going to profit from that bust? The ones who issue dept.

Well, if you look at pictures from rallies and see the 5000-8000 people crowd that Ron Paul is getting compared to the 100-500 people that show up for Romnies. I would say that he has more than 4% of your nation backing him up.

If i remember correctly there was a poll with Obama Vs. RP and if i remember correctly Obama got 2% more of the votes. This poll was in 2010 i think.

Ron Paul has won 11 states so far. 4% my ass.

Your reply is rather ignorant. I suggest you start educating your self how the economy works.

Might be empty promises, but his promises sure sound better then any other candidate.

Peace.
edit on 11-5-2012 by rjomaterta because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2012 by rjomaterta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

But he does plan on ending so-called corruption. And government oversight inside corporations. So that will make corporations that much more powerful, since they will no longer be obligated to care about their workers. Do you see how dangerous that is to society today? Remember the 1920s?

And for his executive orders, you proved my point. That is being a dictator. But I guess that's ok since those laws are the ones you want even though others in America may not want that!

1) Corrupt-orations will have LESS power as their hands will be removed from the FED's pockets, and the FED's from theirs. The ones that are "too big to fail" will fail, which is a GOOD thing! Any corporation worth anything will be bought up, restructured, and opened for business again. End of Story. I know all about the 1920's; who/what/when/where/why. I have three grandparents still alive who lived through them.

2) That's faaaaarrrrrrr from a dictatorship. That's repealing the ILLEGAL deeds/laws/bills passed by the Corrupted Congress. The war is ILLEGAL per the Constitution. A vast number of bills/laws passed are violations of the Constitution, making them Illegal.

Anything other HILARIOUS things you'd like to say?!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4REVOLUTION

1) Corrupt-orations will have LESS power as their hands will be removed from the FED's pockets, and the FED's from theirs. The ones that are "too big to fail" will fail, which is a GOOD thing! Any corporation worth anything will be bought up, restructured, and opened for business again. End of Story. I know all about the 1920's; who/what/when/where/why. I have three grandparents still alive who lived through them.

For all the hateful energy that goes towards the FED. I wonder if you all truly mean what ending the FED would mean. Ending the Fed would mean that states would get to control their own currency. The Fed actually regulates currency for your own good! We would go back to a time where there is way more conflicting currencies on the market than there is now. The powerful corporations today, like Walmart will create something called, Walmart Bucks, they can control their own money open up their own banks and only allow people with Walmart Bucks to shop there!

Do you want to live in a world like that? Where you can only use NJ Walmart Bucks if you were in a Walmart from NJ? It would get quite confusing!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

For all the hateful energy that goes towards the FED. I wonder if you all truly mean what ending the FED would mean. Ending the Fed would mean that states would get to control their own currency. The Fed actually regulates currency for your own good! We would go back to a time where there is way more conflicting currencies on the market than there is now. The powerful corporations today, like Walmart will create something called, Walmart Bucks, they can control their own money open up their own banks and only allow people with Walmart Bucks to shop there!

Do you want to live in a world like that? Where you can only use NJ Walmart Bucks if you were in a Walmart from NJ? It would get quite confusing!

You and I both know that's completely false.

There will be a new reorganized structure that handles currency, and is subject to audits, checks & balances... you know, how it's supposed to be.

Next question.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

There will be a new reorganized structure that handles currency, and is subject to audits, checks & balances... you know, how it's supposed to be.

Next question.

RIGHT.......Cause it always goes exactly how it should be when it comes to government. Tell me, what happens when this new "Government sponsored corporation" gets too powerful and flies through the same loopholes the FED did?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Next question.

RIGHT.......Cause it always goes exactly how it should be when it comes to government. Tell me, what happens when this new "Government sponsored corporation" gets too powerful and flies through the same loopholes the FED did?

someone once said that we need a Revolution every hundred years........ can you guess who

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
someone once said that we need a Revolution every hundred years........ can you guess who

OH OH OH!!! I KNOW!!!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Well... people like myself and other "fanaticals" who actually care about the FREEDOM of our country (yes, we even care about you) will march, guns in hand, against the corrupt. A lot of us will die, but that's how it is. I'd rather die for my country and my future generations than to allow things to get any worse. Label me fanatic or whatever, but at least I actually stand for something and take action, unlike those who sit behind their computer screens being keyboard warriors; reaping the benefits of the brave.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Why would Walmart in a competing market issue paper notes that you can only use in walmart? Does not sound like free trade and competing currency to me. Are you telling me if I went to walmart with a note issued by someone else that has more real value then the walmart note, that walmart would refuse to take that note?
Why would walmart risk loosing profit, especially if it's more value then their own?

How would walmart buy all their supplies if the people they trade with can then only use it again in walmart?

That's called a monopoly and in a free market they don't usually survive long because of competition. Someone else comes along and offers a better deal.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjomaterta

That's called a monopoly and in a free market they don't usually survive long because of competition. Someone else comes along and offers a better deal.

Yes. It's called a monopoly and the very thing Ron Paul is trying to promote will also promote a lot of new monopolies have you ever read Atlas Shrugged? Same thing happened to that society, it was as pure libertarian as you can get. We need a system of checks and balances. The FED is that check. The competition between companies under the FED is what balances it.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

You have to be kidding me?

Wanna know why there's no draft? It's an Election Killer!

So we send our boys and girls for 3, 4 or 5 tours of duty and what happens as a result? Vets are commiting suicide by the dozens DAILY!

Legalize pot? SO WHAT? Alchohol and tobacco cause more deaths and destroys more families in a day than pot will in a decade! Not to mention the big pharma companies who make billions on keeping America Stoned! Sure, we need a new form of OXY produced every month!

Stop watching O'Reilly and parroting his neo-con garbage please!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join